Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(February 26, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(February 26, 2014 at 9:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: how is that possible?

Get some water boiling.
Put eggs in boiling water. Keep it simmering.
Wait 10 minutes, no more, no less. (this is the step people usually mess up... more than3 minutes, it's not worth standing around waiting for it, so you do something else... after 8 minutes, you think only 5 have elapsed and you keep on doing what you're doing now)
Retrieve eggs.
Done.

But.... What if I want the yolks soft?

Fry them.
In Portuguese, a fried egg is called "ovo estrelado", which translates to starry egg... it looks like a star... sort of...

Or boil them for less time...depending on how soft you want the yolk... duh
Damn... poca is like the Rachael Ray of AF.org!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 26, 2014 at 8:16 pm)Tonus Wrote: Damn... poca is like the Rachael Ray of AF.org!
This Rachel Ray?
[Image: 2009-03-02-013_rachael_ray.jpg]

You wish!
Yes, that one! And yeah, I'd totally stalk you if that was the case.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 26, 2014 at 8:15 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(February 26, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: But.... What if I want the yolks soft?

Fry them.
In Portuguese, a fried egg is called "ovo estrelado", which translates to starry egg... it looks like a star... sort of...

Or boil them for less time...depending on how soft you want the yolk... duh

Less time... Well, no shit poca! In all seriousness, I've never managed to get a soft booked egg to turn out as I want it. Either it turns out too hard, or the whites are runny (gag).

Frying and poaching is pretty easy - but sometimes I just want to break open a damn boiled egg and find a perfect runny yolk.
Just started watching this show called Burn Notice on Netflix, it's pretty awesome and I'm still watching it at the moment.
Maybe I'm just fangirling out over here but am I the only one who thinks there should be a Xena remake?
(February 26, 2014 at 11:03 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Maybe I'm just fangirling out over here but am I the only one who thinks there should be a Xena remake?

you mean Xena , the one in Hercules ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Watching a livestream of Orlando's local news, mainly for a weather report.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(February 26, 2014 at 11:03 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Maybe I'm just fangirling out over here but am I the only one who thinks there should be a Xena remake?
I think it's too soon. Typically it's about 30 years between an original work and its remake. Plus, I don't think it would ever be the same without Lucy Lawless (and to a lesser extent, Renee O'Connor). But I would would be down for a movie if Lucy Lawless was on board with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4830 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball