Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 1:39 pm

Poll: Which logo do you like the most?
This poll is closed.
0%
0 0%
36.84%
7 36.84%
52.63%
10 52.63%
0%
0 0%
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Logos
Atheist Logos
There have been many Atheist logos and symbols because since atheist are a divided community that doesn't congregate in any particular place or time. But since many of us are gathered in this forum we could come to an understanding.

Here we have a series of atheist logos so you can vote to decide which one do you like the most? Which one do you think it represent us better.
[Image: Poll_zps032315dd.png]

Of course I didn't put all the logos just the more popular ones and I'm gonna tell you why:
I didn't include the Atheist Ghostbusters parody logo since atheism is a serious independent ideology that don't need to be copied or associated with a film.
I didn't include the Scarlett letter atheist symbol because it could be misinterpreted with the Hawthorne novel.
I didn't include the Atheist No logo because it won't represent those who belong to the Agnostic branch and also the word No is often associated with the idea of a closed mind attitude and I believe atheism means the opposite.
I didn't include the American atheist logo (You can see it here) since we are talking about a symbol that refers to all of us not just those who live in America.
RE: Atheist Logos
The symbols of atheism that I like most are not on your poll. They are these things:

[Image: Q-DawkinsA.gif]

and

[Image: 20070715234834!Fsm.jpg]
The one at the top of the page
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Of the choices, I like the Atheist Atom verson. I am planning a tattoo of that, with a tiny Earth in the middle of the A.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hmm...

The best possible logo for atheism is two gay guys fucking! Big Grin
(March 24, 2014 at 2:05 am)Zid Wrote: I didn't include the Atheist Ghostbusters parody logo since atheism is a serious independent ideology that don't need to be copied or associated with a film.

Except atheism is not an ideology. [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
lmao ROFLOL

base faith statement: There is no god/gods and your stories are but a myth.
Group meeting places to whoop it up and self praise our clarity logic and reason.

claim to have knowledge that nobody really knows. Worship (large)

Now a Logo.

yep, we aint a religion at all. Confused Fall
ROFLOL Tongue
chad,

science is not a method. It is a process. Get it right or don't claim it.
I have no need for an atheist logo but the second one's design pleases me visually more than the others.