Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 2:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.W.J.D.
RE: W.W.J.D.
(April 3, 2014 at 3:03 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 2:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Insufficient info.

Kids. Finances. Ages. History.
Two kids - grown.

Both are financially well off.

Late 40's.

Been married for 26 years.

Pfft, 26 years... I'm not married that long, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't throw that away for a bit of cheating. I don't see why.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'd make her be my wingwoman to help me score with some hot chick. Then I'd let it slide.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Thank you to all who have thoughtfully responded. My immediate advice to Jim was to forgive his wife. I know that if my wife were to have an affair, and find the courage to come to me and confess, while sobbing, that my first impulse would to be to comfort her. Humans are the only creatures who have this concept of forgiveness. The harsh truth is, that when we refuse to 'forgive' others for crossing us, it is we who suffer the burden of carrying the ledger. I have found that it is easy to forgive when I hold no quarter for offense. A 'need' for forgiveness implies having first been offended. Take no offense - no need to 'forgive'. When most people are met with this kind of genuine unconditional love they tend not to return to their formerly errant ways, and instead prefer to remain in the presence of the aforementioned love. Thanks again!
He should dump her like a handful of hot plutonium. Cheating is a deal-breaker.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(April 3, 2014 at 7:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: He should dump her like a handful of hot plutonium. Cheating is a deal-breaker.

If you're dating a girl, sure. I agree. When you've been married a long time and have kids together it's a lot more complicated.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Sounds fixable to me.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(April 4, 2014 at 2:50 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Sounds fixable to me.

I believe so - if both parties are willing and able to do the hard work.

Then again - nobody should ever take relationship advice from me.
(April 4, 2014 at 3:01 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: ...nobody should ever take relationship advice from me.
How can I trust this advice? Thinking

Wink Shades
(April 4, 2014 at 1:52 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 3:01 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: ...nobody should ever take relationship advice from me.
How can I trust this advice?

Exactly.
Has jim found out or has she came forward with this information. If she confessed, mabe she deserves a shot.