Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(May 15, 2014 at 10:06 am)Riketto Wrote: Anytime you wish to talk about the meaning of words
i am ready to talk to you.
I wasn't that good in Latin but i understand quite well
the meaning of most words including establish (stabilire in Italian)
considering also that Italian come from Latin and considering that
so many English words come from Latin then i am quite confident
in knowing the real meaning of most words.
Now considering that you guys ESTABLISHED absolutely nothing
regarding whether man is omnivore or not then i have to ESTABLISH
that your ESTABLISH is as much true as my ESTABLISH that
i can levitate and fly.
If one day you will ESTABLISH that man can deal with saturated
fats, cholesterol and toxins then i will consider your ESTABLISH
like real.
At the moment your establish is like a pig fart. Cool Shades

Ricky, you are a rude and pathetlically obnoxious little cunt and I am done with you. I'm not so heartless as to suggest you go into the woods and fuck yourself with a rusty chainsaw, but I do relish the prospect.

Now fuck off, troll.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 15, 2014 at 11:50 am)Confused Ape Wrote: What do you make of all that?

There are a lot of information out there.
Very often they contradict each other.
I already express my opinion in previous posts.
Here i outline the main points.
What is good for you may be bad for me and the opposite.
Take an Inuit living in a cold place.
The fat from meat eating is not too bad for him as he can use it to fight the cold.
If you give the same amount of fat, cholesterol and toxins to someone living in the tropic you can be sure that he will get sick quite easily.
Take a guy living in the tropic and put him in a cold place wearing only his
T-shirt and you can be sure that he will get sick very fast if not dying.
Take away animal proteins from an Inuit and give him only fruits to eat
and you can be sure that he will get sick very fast but if you add veg. proteins like nuts and beans then not only he will not get sick but he will
be more healthy then ever.
We are not Inuits so what may be not so bad for them is poison for us. Cool Shades

(May 15, 2014 at 9:56 am)Confused Ape Wrote: What toxins are you talking about here?

Let me explain in simple terms.
When you get a real scare your blood build up a chemical reaction
creating toxins.
After the scare goes away your blood return normal however this
does not apply to animals that are going to be killed in abattoirs.
As the scare and the smell of death does not go away then the
toxins stay in the blood and the meat so when you eat meat you
also eat those toxins that are in the meat.
On the long run these toxins really damage the liver
and other organs.
If you look in some medical info. you will find more about these
chemical reaction that build up toxins.
I just make it simple. Smile
(May 16, 2014 at 4:08 am)Riketto Wrote: Let me explain in simple terms.
creating toxins.

I just make it simple. Smile

Can you provide links to reputable articles explaining these toxins, please. You know what you're looking for. What I did find, however, was this in an article about factory farming.

You Are What Your Food Eats

Quote:Scientists at the USDA Agricultural Research Service have found evidence linking animal stress to the production of lower quality food. [FN140] Additionally, studies show that when cattle are pasture-raised and grass-fed, their beef naturally has lower levels of total fat than feedlot-raised and corn-fed cattle. [FN141] This finding is important because research consistently shows a strong correlation between diets high in total fat and saturated fat and an elevated risk of heart disease. [FN142] Saturated fat in particular raises the level of low-density lipoprotein, the artery-clogging type of cholesterol, in the blood, which may lead to coronary heart disease. [FN143] Saturated fat is also linked to diabetes, cancer, and a host of other diseases. [FN144] The main sources of unhealthy saturated fats in the American diet are from beef, cheese, and milk.

On Page 3 of that Inuit Paradox article there's this -

Quote:A key difference in the typical Nunavik Inuit’s diet is that more than 50 percent of the calories in Inuit native foods come from fats. Much more important, the fats come from wild animals.

Wild-animal fats are different from both farm-animal fats and processed fats, says Dewailly. Farm animals, cooped up and stuffed with agricultural grains (carbohydrates) typically have lots of solid, highly saturated fat. Much of our processed food is also riddled with solid fats, or so-called trans fats, such as the reengineered vegetable oils and shortenings cached in baked goods and snacks. “A lot of the packaged food on supermarket shelves contains them. So do commercial french fries,” Dewailly adds.

Wild animals that range freely and eat what nature intended, says Dewailly, have fat that is far more healthful. Less of their fat is saturated, and more of it is in the monounsaturated form (like olive oil). What’s more, cold-water fishes and sea mammals are particularly rich in polyunsaturated fats called n-3 fatty acids or omega-3 fatty acids. These fats appear to benefit the heart and vascular system. But the polyunsaturated fats in most Americans’ diets are the omega-6 fatty acids supplied by vegetable oils. By contrast, whale blubber consists of 70 percent monounsaturated fat and close to 30 percent omega-3s, says Dewailly.

So, let's try putting everything together. Wild animals are going to be scared when they're attacked and killed but this didn't effect Inuits who were following their traditional diet. Their health deteriorated when they started eating fast food which includes meat from factory farmed animals who aren't living on a natural diet and who suffer stress every minute of their lives. Feeding farm animals on an unnatural diet can lead to disaster.

BSE - Epidemic In British Cattle

Quote:Cattle are naturally herbivores, eating grass. However in modern industrial cattle-farming, various commercial feeds are used, which may contain ingredients including antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, fertilizers, and protein supplements.[b] The use of meat and bone meal, produced from the ground and cooked leftovers of the slaughtering process, as well as from the carcasses of sick and injured animals such as cattle or sheep, as a protein supplement in cattle feed was widespread in Europe prior to about 1987.[3] Worldwide, soybean meal is the primary plant-based protein supplement fed to cattle. However, soybeans do not grow well in Europe, so cattle raisers throughout Europe turned to the cheaper animal byproduct feeds as an alternative. The British Inquiry dismissed suggestions that changes to processing might have increased the infectious agents in cattle feed, saying "changes in process could not have been solely responsible for the emergence of BSE, and changes in regulation were not a factor at all."[18] (The prion causing BSE is not destroyed by heat treatment.)

So, it looks like it isn't a case of humans not being designed to eat any meat at all. We're just not designed to eat meat from factory farmed animals raised on unnatural diets. We aren't designed to eat half the stuff that makes up modern Western diets, either. Why is this?

Convenience Foods - History

Quote:Modern convenience food saw its beginnings in the United States during the period that began after World War II.[7] Many of these products had their origins in military-developed foods designed for storage longevity and ease of preparation in the battle field.[citation needed] Following the war, several commercial food companies had leftover manufacturing facilities, and some of these companies created new freeze-dried and canned foods for home use.[8] Like many product introductions, not all were successful—convenience food staples such as fish sticks and canned peaches were counterbalanced by failures such as ham sticks and cheeseburgers-in-a-can.[9]

Intensive Animal Farming - History

Quote:According to the BBC, the era factory farming per se in Britain began in 1947 when a new Agriculture Act granted subsidies to farmers to encourage greater output by introducing new technology, in order to reduce Britain's reliance on imported meat. The United Nations writes that "intensification of animal production was seen as a way of providing food security."[17] In 1960s North America, pigs and cows began to be raised on factory farms.[18] From its American and West European heartland factory farming became globalised in the later years of the 20th century and is still expanding and replacing traditional practices of stock rearing in an increasing number of countries.[18] In 1990 factory farming accounted for 30% of world meat production and by 2005 this had risen to 40%.[18]

It makes sense to avoid eating meat in our modern world but vegetarians aren't going to be healthy if they eat a lot of other food items which are bad for us.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(May 16, 2014 at 7:18 am)Confused Ape Wrote: Can you provide links to reputable articles explaining these toxins, please. You know what you're looking for. What I did find, however, was this in an article about factory farming.

http://honestlyhealthyfood.com/2013/12/06/toxic-meat/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18991542

Quote:Wild animals are going to be scared when they're attacked and killed but ................

......but you got to consider one thing.
Any animal that is scared will build up toxins in his blood-meat.
It doesn't really matter whether you deal with wild animal or farm animal.
A better situation would be to hit the animal while he is not aware and far away from abattoirs or places of death so there wan't be any chance for him to build up toxins.
In the past they used a bow and arrow, these days they could use a long range rifle.
One more thing.
Wild animals have a lot less fat as they move all the time especially when they are chased by carnivore animals while farm animals or animals in cages have huge quantity of fat.
What people eat these days is farm animals and animals kept in cages so this is a recipe for total disaster. Cool Shades
(May 17, 2014 at 10:14 am)Riketto Wrote: http://honestlyhealthyfood.com/2013/12/06/toxic-meat/

The article doesn't say that humans aren't designed to eat meat because it ends with -

Quote:Choose organic, locally sourced meat & especially wild meats.

(May 17, 2014 at 10:14 am)Riketto Wrote: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18991542

This is about carcasses contaminated with E.coli strains of bacteria in a slaughterhouse. Some of the strains were resistant to various antibiotics.

(May 17, 2014 at 10:14 am)Riketto Wrote: What people eat these days is farm animals and animals kept in cages so this is a recipe for total disaster. Cool Shades

Yes, I know because I did all the research and posted that information.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Riketto, l think its pretty obvious you are just a troll. I think you are on this forum to make vegans look like idiots, something you have done remarkably well at! I don't know why you hate veganism so much that you spend so as long as you have trolling this forum, but you really are wasting your time.Sure you might get a few kicks from pissing people off and I am sure that makes you feel less lonely, but you really ought to just go outside and meet people. You will be much happier for it.
(May 16, 2014 at 4:08 am)Riketto Wrote:
(May 15, 2014 at 11:50 am)Confused Ape Wrote: What do you make of all that?

There are a lot of information out there.
Very often they contradict each other.
I already express my opinion in previous posts.
Here i outline the main points.
What is good for you may be bad for me and the opposite.
Take an Inuit living in a cold place.
The fat from meat eating is not too bad for him as he can use it to fight the cold.
If you give the same amount of fat, cholesterol and toxins to someone living in the tropic you can be sure that he will get sick quite easily.
Take a guy living in the tropic and put him in a cold place wearing only his
T-shirt and you can be sure that he will get sick very fast if not dying.
Take away animal proteins from an Inuit and give him only fruits to eat
and you can be sure that he will get sick very fast but if you add veg. proteins like nuts and beans then not only he will not get sick but he will
be more healthy then ever.
We are not Inuits so what may be not so bad for them is poison for us. :cool-shades:

(May 15, 2014 at 9:56 am)Confused Ape Wrote: What toxins are you talking about here?

Let me explain in simple terms.
creating toxins.
On the long run these toxins really damage the liver
and other organs.
I just make it simple. :)

Modern medicine says you have no idea what hire talking about.

Quote:The British organisation Sense About Science has described body cleansing as "a waste of time and money";[3][4] many researchers agree that there is no clinical evidence that such diets are effective.[5] The "toxins" usually remain undefined, with little to no evidence of toxic accumulation in the patient.[6]
Body cleansing and detoxification have been referred to as an elaborate hoax used by con artists to cure nonexistent illnesses.[19] Some doctors contend that the "toxins" in question do not even exist.[1][20]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxific..._medicine)

Fun fact: not everything you read on the internet is true.

But you keep on using that garden hose to irrigate your colon and rid yourself of the "toxins"
(May 17, 2014 at 11:51 am)James2014 Wrote: Riketto, l think its pretty obvious you are just a troll. I think you are on this forum to make vegans look like idiots, something you have done remarkably well at! I don't know why you hate veganism so much that you spend so as long as you have trolling this forum, but you really are wasting your time.Sure you might get a few kicks from pissing people off and I am sure that makes you feel less lonely, but you really ought to just go outside and meet people. You will be much happier for it.

He's unable to go outside unless the hospital gives him a supervised day release.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(May 14, 2014 at 8:40 am)Riketto Wrote: Look mate, all i am asking is to see if anybody has got a clue
about religion, philosophy and other issues like whether man
is veg or omnivore but nobody seems to know.

Humans are Omnivores.
There you go happy now?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 8:40 am)Riketto Wrote: Look mate, all i am asking is to see if anybody has got a clue
about religion, philosophy and other issues like whether man
is veg or omnivore but nobody seems to know.

Humans are Omnivores.
There you go happy now?

This was mentioned on page 2.