Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rely on God
RE: Rely on God
(June 6, 2014 at 5:50 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 5:36 pm)Godschild Wrote: Agreed the report came from Teen Challenge, however the study they reported was an independent study. It was done to test the validity of Teen Challenges claim.

Yet no reference was provided to show that this was a set of independent studies.

I'm not interested in emotional rhetoric from you, by the way. I want sources instead backing up all the important claim made in the file.

Quote:By the way if you want to know the success rate of secular programs go back and read the link I posted, that percentage came from an outside party, not Teen Challenge.

Yes, but with no source to back it up.

Try this http://list serv.kent.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A3=ind0108A&L
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 6, 2014 at 6:39 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(June 6, 2014 at 5:50 pm)Irrational Wrote: Yet no reference was provided to show that this was a set of independent studies.

I'm not interested in emotional rhetoric from you, by the way. I want sources instead backing up all the important claim made in the file.

Yes, but with no source to back it up.

Try this http://list serv.kent.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A3=ind0108A&L

Link not working.
OK first off I'm a mental Health worker with Mind, a secular charity that deals specifically with Mental Health issues.
Personally I'd avoid the religious guff completely as a common doctrine, particularly amongst evangelical christians is the belief that mental health problems are manifestations of demonic possession. Link
The statements are similar to those used by the AA whose methods of corrupt data reporting are well documented (principally if anyone starts drinking again they are viewed as never having been a part of the programme and therefore do not show in their stats.)
The hard sell will come when they try to subject people with MH issues to 'exorcisms' which in effect amounts to torture.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 13594 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  HIV patients told by Pentecostal pastors 'to rely on God' downbeatplumb 89 21241 August 19, 2013 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 7000 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad