Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccines are a plot by big pharma!
Vaccines are a plot by big pharma!
(June 19, 2014 at 6:05 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Rayaan, there was also a massive study just concluded which I will try to find the link for absolutely definitively showing there was no link between autism and vaccines. Anti-vaxxers don't have a leg to stand on.

Thank you. This lunacy needs to end.

Also, Psychoslice, have you been involved in a heavy exercise program lately? I ask because it's been shown to release LSD from past use stored in fat cells.
RE: Vaccines are a plot by big pharma!
(June 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm)Bad Writer Wrote:
(June 20, 2014 at 11:05 pm)psychoslice Wrote: That's creepy, I have been shot by some nut, and I have also had a bad reaction to the Polio VaC, the only Vac I ever had in my life. I had epileptic fits for about 4 years, and I believe now that because of my schizophrenia, the Vac. could have caused that also, so you got to see how I feel about it, I might be too bias, I don't know.

Ever heard the phrase "correlation does not equal causation"? You have convinced yourself that the polio vaccine was the cause of symptoms you experienced later on in life. That's about as convincing as telling us that you didn't start eating lasagna until after you the shot and then explaining that the polio vaccine caused you to develop a liking for lasagna. If you can't demonstrate a connection between your mental illness and the polio vaccine, then you have no reason to tell us that it was the cause.

Well it did cause me to have fits for four years.
(June 21, 2014 at 5:36 pm)psychoslice Wrote:
(June 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: Ever heard the phrase "correlation does not equal causation"? You have convinced yourself that the polio vaccine was the cause of symptoms you experienced later on in life. That's about as convincing as telling us that you didn't start eating lasagna until after you the shot and then explaining that the polio vaccine caused you to develop a liking for lasagna. If you can't demonstrate a connection between your mental illness and the polio vaccine, then you have no reason to tell us that it was the cause.

Well it did cause me to have fits for four years.

What did I just say? Can you please read the part about how you cannot possibly demonstrate that the polio vaccine was the cause of your fits? That seems to be the very important point that you keep missing throughout all of this.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(June 21, 2014 at 5:45 pm)Bad Writer Wrote:
(June 21, 2014 at 5:36 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Well it did cause me to have fits for four years.

What did I just say? Can you please read the part about how you cannot possibly demonstrate that the polio vaccine was the cause of your fits? That seems to be the very important point that you keep missing throughout all of this.

Can you answer this question, has any vaccines ever caused death or anything else such as fits to any child, a yes or no ?.
(June 21, 2014 at 5:48 pm)psychoslice Wrote:
(June 21, 2014 at 5:45 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: What did I just say? Can you please read the part about how you cannot possibly demonstrate that the polio vaccine was the cause of your fits? That seems to be the very important point that you keep missing throughout all of this.

Can you answer this question, has any vaccines ever caused death or anything else such as fits to any child, a yes or no ?.
Without doing any research into a specific case I doubt he nor anyone else could point out a case where a vaccination definitely caused a reaction in someone.

But even if that were so, that would still not mean that taking a polio vaccination caused your fits. Did you ever speak to a doctor? Did s/he refer you for testing?

I understand your cynicism Alice. It can't be nice living with schizophrenia. But please also understand that correlation does not imply causation. I can't see a single documented and proven case where a polio vaccination has caused someone's mental illness.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 22, 2014 at 1:44 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(June 21, 2014 at 5:48 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Can you answer this question, has any vaccines ever caused death or anything else such as fits to any child, a yes or no ?.
Without doing any research into a specific case I doubt he nor anyone else could point out a case where a vaccination definitely caused a reaction in someone.

But even if that were so, that would still not mean that taking a polio vaccination caused your fits. Did you ever speak to a doctor? Did s/he refer you for testing?

I understand your cynicism Alice. It can't be nice living with schizophrenia. But please also understand that correlation does not imply causation. I can't see a single documented and proven case where a polio vaccination has caused someone's mental illness.

No I can't prove that the polio vac actually caused the fits, but its weird that just after the vaccination it all happened. You must understand how I feel, you take all that you believe about vaccinations from the info that you read, and that's probably from the FDA, or WHO, and of course they would a agree with what you want to hear.
Out of interest, was the polio vaccine the only vaccine you received? How old were you when you had it?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(June 22, 2014 at 2:19 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(June 22, 2014 at 1:44 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Without doing any research into a specific case I doubt he nor anyone else could point out a case where a vaccination definitely caused a reaction in someone.

No I can't prove that the polio vac actually caused the fits, but its weird that just after the vaccination it all happened. You must understand how I feel, you take all that you believe about vaccinations from the info that you read, and that's probably from the FDA, or WHO, and of course they would a agree with what you want to hear.

I'm British, the FDA has no authority here.

I take all my 'info' from research journals and good medical advice from GPs and experts in immunology.

I also take heed of the vast, overwhelming successes of vaccinations such as smallpox, MMR and, yes, polio, which would be eradicated in the world today had people not taken, and without any good reason or merit, to thinking it was for some reason unsafe.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 21, 2014 at 5:48 pm)psychoslice Wrote:
(June 21, 2014 at 5:45 pm)Bad Writer Wrote: What did I just say? Can you please read the part about how you cannot possibly demonstrate that the polio vaccine was the cause of your fits? That seems to be the very important point that you keep missing throughout all of this.

Even if I could answer this, which I can't without further research, how does the first part part of the question, the one concerning "death-by-vaccination", even remotely apply to your situation? Psychoslice, people have died from going on a harmless run around the block. Does that mean we ignore all the benefits of running simply because that one person out of millions suffered ill effects?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(June 22, 2014 at 3:49 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Out of interest, was the polio vaccine the only vaccine you received? How old were you when you had it?

Sorry I just noticed your reply, yes it was the only Vac. I ever had thank god, and I was 10 years old.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God and Big Bang Fake Messiah 25 3175 April 13, 2017 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Vaccines and Autism BrokenQuill92 40 8457 June 5, 2016 at 11:27 am
Last Post: IATIA