Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is unreasonable
RE: Atheism is unreasonable
(November 8, 2014 at 4:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Above you accused me of making "unsupported assertions and claims", and here you are down here making the assertion that the Exodus never happened. That is an unsupported claim, sir.

This is far from unsupported. ALL the evidence, or lack thereof, points to an Exodus as portrayed in the Bible, never happened.

1. There were never over 1.2 million Hebrews living in Egypt.
2. There is no evidence that Hebrews were ever slaves in Egypt.
3. Over a million people wandering around the desert for 40 years would have left a lot of evidence. None has ever been found.
4. The evidence points to the Hebrews being Canaanites. Not people that came from somewhere else and conquered the Canaanites.

There, supported.

And that's only a fraction of the evidence.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm)whateverist Wrote: Two questions, YourRoyalPainInTheArse: Just how young are you anyway?

29 Cool Shades

(November 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm)whateverist Wrote: And, what did you do for fun before discovering AF.org, pull the legs off of spiders?

What did I do for fun? Well, before I became a member of this forum, I was (and presently) a member of religiousforums.com....I've been a member of that forum for 2-3 years....and I had some very interesting exchanges with people on there. But after 2-3 years, I got tired of talking to the same ole' people. So I decided to look for new blood, and I stumbled across this one.

But in my early apologetic years (late teenage), I was frequently in the yahoo chat religious rooms. Those were the days.

I believe apologetics is my calling...and it is work that I do for the Kingdom of God. It is me "doing my part" for the Kingdom. I defend God, Jesus, and the faith as a whole.

Outside of apologetics...I am a avid battle rap fan..and I also enjoy reading, martial arts, weight lifting, wildlife, science, philosophy, politics, murder mysteries, and women Cool Shades
(November 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: What did I do for fun? Well, before I became a member of this forum, I was (and presently) a member of religiousforums.com....I've been a member of that forum for 2-3 years....and I had some very interesting exchanges with people on there. But after 2-3 years, I got tired of talking to the same ole' people. So I decided to look for new blood, and I stumbled across this one.

But in my early apologetic years (late teenage), I was frequently in the yahoo chat religious rooms. Those were the days.

I believe apologetics is my calling...and it is work that I do for the Kingdom of God. It is me "doing my part" for the Kingdom. I defend God, Jesus, and the faith as a whole.

Outside of apologetics...I am a avid battle rap fan..and I also enjoy reading, martial arts, weight lifting, wildlife, science, philosophy, politics, murder mysteries, and women Cool Shades

Based on this thread you should go back and practice some more. Either that or hang up the phone and dial another number.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "
(November 2, 2014 at 1:40 pm)Stimbo Wrote: So is faith a good thing or a bad one?

I believe in religious sense, it is... well bad. Makes you do just some crazy things Tongue
(November 8, 2014 at 2:12 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 5, 2014 at 6:38 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(November 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Evolution is a 160 year old LIE.
How so?
Because dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, fish produce fish. Have you ever observed any exceptions to this? I will answer for you: No. So why do you believe that the animals of yesterday was able to do something that the animals of today have never been observed to do?

First, learn to quote properly! I had to fetch the quote from the correct place to put it here!

Second, because "yesterday" represents a long, long, long, long, long, long time. More time than what we've had available to test that.
Still... we see some forms of bacteria turning into different forms of bacteria,
Fruit flies that evolve new reproductive processes,
E. Coli that develops the ability to use citric acid as a carbon source,
domestication of foxes,
let's not forget, ring species.
And many others... not to mention the fossil record and all the neat changes of fossil characteristics with the time that they're dated to.

Putting it all together, it seems that evolution is a process that has happened on this planet over the ages and is still happening, today.

You can't base your conclusion about evolution just by looking at what you see around you in your day-to-day life. Darwin had the luck of being the first to notice the pattern. Others came later and noticed it in other species, in fossils, everywhere!

(November 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Maj, do you think there could exist anything, any kind of evidence, which might possibly change your views on this subject?

On what subject? We are talking about lots of subjects mannnn Big Grin

Ah - you've caught up.

However, please don't insult my intelligence or my patience with childish evasions. You have been arguing that the Universe shows unambiguous signs of being intelligently designed and/or created; or at the very least desgned/created by some agency, intelligent or not. That is the context - now please answer the question.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And while we're at it.

Explain, why god would create such a vast universe, when all he cared about was that little blue ball and his Sims living there?

Seems like an awful waste of time, effort and energy. I'm mildly curious about the explanation you can come up with.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: I believe apologetics is my calling...and it is work that I do for the Kingdom of God. It is me "doing my part" for the Kingdom. I defend God, Jesus, and the faith as a whole.
Dude, you're doing it wrong.
At least WLC tries to understand the science and find loopholes in it to shoehorn in a god....
You..., on the other hand... you ignore the science whenever it doesn't agree with your preconception of god and then ask for things like this:
(November 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Well, I am arguing for the Christian God. Explain to me how this God cant exist....

This is just dumb and stupid. It may work on some uneducated americans, I'll grant you that.... yahoo chat rooms, huh? those pre-4-chan halls of troll and ignorance?

Still much to learn, you have, young one.
(November 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm)whateverist Wrote: Two questions, YourRoyalPainInTheArse: Just how young are you anyway?

29 Cool Shades

Fuckin' hell, you're older than me and you're this bad at forming a cogent argument? Undecided

Quote:I believe apologetics is my calling...and it is work that I do for the Kingdom of God. It is me "doing my part" for the Kingdom. I defend God, Jesus, and the faith as a whole.

If your god does exist, he is no doubt embarrassed at the lies you've told, about evolution, about atheism, about so much more, in order to come to his "defense". Why does he even need defending from someone like you, anyway? Can't he fight his own battles? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 8, 2014 at 4:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: I'm not a physicist - But I am an academic researcher to PhD level. So yeah, google is my friend. But you won't see me acting silly saying that a 5 minute google search has given me all the information I need to debunk something that minds far superior and far more dedicated than me have devloped over (often) generations.

I may not have specialized knowledge on some of these subjects, but I am far from a novice, my friend Cool Shades

Yes you are, relatively speaking.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. But hey, let's recognise the fact that it's you who are dismissing the evidence that is given to you as a rebuttal or indeed the evidence of theories that you are rejecting and giving nothing back but unsupported assertions and claims.

Please enlighten me on what evidence I've dismissed?

Every single post that has rebutted your repeated assertions in this thread.

If you're going to evade, at least do it well.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: You're talking about subjects you don't understand as though you were an expert

Please enlighten me on what subjects I've been shown to not understand.
Angel Cloud

As above.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: , and it's painfully obvious that you don't in fact really get anything aside what your apologist websites are quoting to you (and even then it's hit and miss, it seems).

It sounds like you are on the verge of committing the genetic fallacy. Even if I do get my arguments from apologists websites, so what? It doesn't matter where I got them from, what matters is the truth value. So instead of concerning yourself with where I got it from, how about trying to refute the arguments for a change?

You mean your 'nuh-uh' rebuttal where you convincingly argued that the exodus as biblically Stated has an element of truth to it (by virtue of the dismissal of the evidence that suggests it never happened)?

I don't think I've read anything on this thread that suggests you've posted anything that is worthy of further consideration or that hasn't been rebutted already.
(November 8, 2014 at 4:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Second, for the most part, no apologist alive today has "patented" arguments...every argument that apologists use have been revolutionized from past defenders of theism. So if I get my arguments from today's apologists, that is because they got the same argument from yesterdays apologists. It is the gift that keeps on giving. Third, not only do I present the arguments, but I DEFEND the arguments. I actually know how to defend anything that I present, which I think is evident on here.

I've had years and years (in my early apologetic journey) of being stumped by wise atheists..and every time I got knocked on my ass, I learned from it...gotten smarter, wiser, and clever...and became my own "man" when it comes to defending the faith.

Apologist arguments haven't changed since the religion(s) were invented. Well, tell a lie, they have, but they've been consistently behind the curve of technological, scientific and societal advancement (God of the gaps).

The issue you have with garnering all your information about topics like evolution from apologist websites is that its always wrong.

'Dogs only have dogs.' I mean come the fuck along. Remember a few lines ago where I said your posts showed that your knew nothing about the topics you're talking about?

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Dismissal of evidenced claims/theories (etc) requires evidence that falsifies that claim. I can see the odd quotation from WLC and the odd use of Kalam here and there. And that's it. Great job. We're all convinced.

What odd quotation from WLC? Where?

One of your main fallicious arguments in this thread has been Kalam and variants thereof. Apologies if you haven't cited him directly.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Are you ill? Your only rebuttal to the factual statement that the bible is a claim is 'nuh uh'? Wow. Ok...

There was a bigger point that I was making, and I can understand why you chose to ignore it.

Don't be stupid.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Too many to name. How about the Exodus that never happened (no evidence)

Above you accused me of making "unsupported assertions and claims", and here you are down here making the assertion that the Exodus never happened. That is an unsupported claim, sir.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: , or the Mt Sinai that was never visited (no evidence).

Another unsupported claim.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Or the characters in the bible that never lived to be over 800 years old (no evidence) and so on and so on.

Yet, another one.

(November 6, 2014 at 7:00 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Exactly my point. I don't expect you to understand or realise just how badly your arguments have been deconstructed and dismantled on this thread, but I suspect a lot of the members and indeed lurkers have had a good time reading through this train wreck.

Yeah, lets have them continue to lurk..they might learn something Big Grin
The lack of evidence for anything in exodus being even remotely accurate is evidence for it being false (as above, no Jewish exodus from Egypt, no visit to Mt Sinai.

The fact that you think Moses lived to be hundreds and hundreds of years old speaks volumes. Tell us again about all these years you've spent researching topics and refining your arguments? You've made, what,40 odd posts thus far and what have you contributed; the same old tired apologist nonsense we've all heared and debunked time and time again. Change the channel already.

Is there someone else we can talk to? A theist who knows what he's doing?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The balance of an unreasonable lifestyle Castle 91 14824 September 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: frankiej