Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is unreasonable
RE: Atheism is unreasonable
(November 17, 2014 at 9:22 am)dyresand Wrote: and why the hell do people use kinds like kinds of dogs kinds of fish no no use the correct term species because that's what you should really use.
can micro evolution on a dog turn it into something that is not a dog... no it can you just cant make something like a dog change like that.
That's the conceptual misunderstanding that creationists have -as a rule. That evolution means a dog turning into "not a dog". It doesn't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hey, guys. I actually looked up that kind shit and it seems, they all take it from there. They can't give a clear definition, because there isn't one.

http://ncse.com/cej/2/3/defining-kinds-d...e-standard

And that's some seriously messed up creationist bullshit about it

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-sel...-and-kind/
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Right, genus, except when it's inconvenient (and it's become incredibly inconvenient since the 70's and 80's..since we've definitively and demonstrably seen the generation of a new genus from an existing one since that bastion was picked as a potential safespot by creatards decades ago in ignorance).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Pfff... scientists - what do they know...

If it disagrees with the magic book, it's obviously wrong. Ken Ham says so.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 17, 2014 at 9:22 am)dyresand Wrote: and why the hell do people use kinds like kinds of dogs kinds of fish no no use the correct term species because that's what you should really use.
can micro evolution on a dog turn it into something that is not a dog... no it can you just cant make something like a dog change like that.

Fish are an interesting choice.
Cod are more closely related to giraffes than they are hagfish.

Quote:It's strange but true that there's really no such thing as fish! Unlike with mammals and birds, not all the animals we call fish - aquatic, vertebrate animals covered with scales - descend from the same common ancestor. Put another way, if we go back to the most recent common ancestor of everything we now call fish, we find that it was also the ancestor of all four-legged, land vertebrates (tetrapods), which obviously aren't fish at all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/by/fish

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Cichlids FTW!
(anybody else keep em?)
I'm pretty sure hot dogs are a kind of dog.

(November 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Cichlids FTW!
(anybody else keep em?)

I used to, but Peyton Manning kept eating the rest of them.
(November 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Cichlids FTW!
(anybody else keep em?)

Used to keep African cichlids - they were another casualty of my breakup with the ex. Found them to be about as challenging as saltwater fish.
Yeah, if they don't just die they'll kill each other (and to an extent I keep them precisely because they do). I refer to them as my freshwater wolves. I used to have a 150 gal salt tank but when I moved up here to kentucky just keeping it warm was too much of an investment for me. I left it in St. Pete. My little sister says all that's left are the shrimp...lol.

(I have a "Malawi tank" and a "Tanganyika tank" now...maybe I should take pictures..any other enthusiasts besides myself and Cthulu?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The balance of an unreasonable lifestyle Castle 91 14861 September 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: frankiej