Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 11:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If
RE: If
(November 19, 2014 at 9:09 am)Riketto Wrote: WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR SAY IF YOU DIE AND FIND OUT THAT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND GOD IS THERE

Omniscience is a bitch for god believers, huh?

god would already know my thoughts. It knew them before flipping the light switch.

Saying anything would be like praying. Begging god to change its plan.

(December 29, 2014 at 10:26 am)h4ym4n Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 9:09 am)Riketto Wrote: WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR SAY IF YOU DIE AND FIND OUT THAT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND GOD IS THERE

Omniscience is a bitch for god believers, huh?

god would already know my thoughts. It knew them before flipping the light switch.

Saying anything would be like praying. Begging god to change its plan.

Why would you have to beg God?
How do you know or guess that God would get upset?
If your son would get lost for sometime would you try to help him or get upset with him?
In yoga it said that God can not do two thing.
One of this thing is that he can not hate anyone.
To hate something that you created would mean that you fail in the first place by creating something that is not good so to be God it also means to be perfect and to never fail in whatever you do.
(December 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Riketto Wrote: In yoga it said that God can not do two thing.
To hate something that you created would mean that you fail in the first place by creating something that is not good so to be God it also means to be perfect and to never fail in whatever you do.

The devil can hate and love that is one reason she is more powerful than god.
(November 19, 2014 at 9:09 am)Riketto Wrote: Ok. this is just an hypothetical question so keep cool and calm.

If none of these options come closer to your thinking then please express your thought.
I am curious to know what you would say to this HYPOTHETICAL God in this HYPOTHETICAL case.
Thanks. Smile
I'd ask, "Just what exactly is it that leads you to believe that you are God and why do you feel that you cannot be mistaken?"
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(December 31, 2014 at 11:50 pm)JuliaL Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 9:09 am)Riketto Wrote: Ok. this is just an hypothetical question so keep cool and calm.

If none of these options come closer to your thinking then please express your thought.
I am curious to know what you would say to this HYPOTHETICAL God in this HYPOTHETICAL case.
Thanks. Smile
I'd ask, "Just what exactly is it that leads you to believe that you are God and why do you feel that you cannot be mistaken?"

Interesting question.
You, i and everybody is God.
The problem however is in realize that you are God that is why it is needed
self awareness and this involve a lot of hard work such as intuitional science so until you reach this stage you still haven't reach the perfection.
In other words you are perfect but at the same time you can't be perfect until you reach the stage of higher consciousness. Smile
(December 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Riketto Wrote: Why would you have to beg God?

Because he won't put out.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 31, 2014 at 11:37 pm)Surgenator Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Riketto Wrote: In yoga it said that God can not do two thing.

The devil can hate and love that is one reason she is more powerful than god.

I will be back at you as soon as i got a bit of time.
In the meantime if you look back at some previous posts you already got the answer to your question.
There is no devil.
There are instead two forces that try all the time to make you go up or down in your consciousness.
(January 1, 2015 at 8:28 am)Riketto Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 11:37 pm)Surgenator Wrote: The devil can hate and love that is one reason she is more powerful than god.

I will be back at you as soon as i got a bit of time.
In the meantime if you look back at some previous posts you already got the answer to your question.
There is no devil.
There are instead two forces that try all the time to make you go up or down in your consciousness.

There is at least 7 forces: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. You're over simplifing things again. Hense, you missed the big picture that the devil not only exist but in control.
(January 1, 2015 at 8:23 am)Riketto Wrote: You, i and everybody is God.
Citation lacking.
Quote:In other words you are perfect but at the same time you can't be perfect until you reach the stage of higher consciousness. Smile

Are you channeling Shirley MacLaine? You know she's not dead yet, right?
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(January 1, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Surgenator Wrote:
(January 1, 2015 at 8:28 am)Riketto Wrote: I will be back at you as soon as i got a bit of time.
There is no devil.

There is at least 7 forces: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. You're over simplifing things again. Hense, you missed the big picture that the devil not only exist but in control.

In a way you are quite correct.
In fact there is more than one force.
Our instincts and if we can call motivations takes us here and there in order to satisfy our different senses and our different feeling that spring from different peculiarities within.
But again it would be far too complex to distinguish this from that, that is why the best thing to do is to put on one side those movement that help to improve our consciousness and on the other side those who reduce our level of consciousness.
Here i give you one more example.
Suppose you get one 5 in pride and one 7 in envy.
At the end you average vote would be a 6.
But let us coming back to your imaginary devil.
What are the motivations that push someone to do the right or the wrong thing?
Are God or the devil?
Of course not.
None of them but you.
Going up the mountain is hard work but coming down is quite easy so most of the people like more coming down than go up as most of the people stop their studies well before they get a degree even if they know that by getting a degree they would do much better in life.
This is all about freedom to go here or there nothing to do with God or the devil.
We could write a book about the philosophy of going up or down consciously speaking but i don't really want to waste my time with someone who at this stage is not at all interested in this issue. Smile