Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of God
RE: Proof of God
(May 13, 2015 at 9:24 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 13, 2015 at 6:18 pm)TRJF Wrote: Wait... Are you implying that you're only six?!?!?!

Holy crap... 120+ reps by age 6. You're a prodigy.

It'll come as quite the shock to Chad, who only pitches his arguments at that level because nobody over that age can read them with a straight face.
A proper reply to your request will take some time to craft. Before I go to all that effort and reply are you seriously interested in what might say and give it fair consideration?
I'll try my very best. If you once mention anything from mythology, or make similar appeals to unverifiable assertions, and if nothing you say supports what you're trying to claim and is as simple and compelling as finding a stone in my shoe, the jig is up. I'm not in the market for buying a bridge, however pretty you may tell me it is.

However, if your evidence passes all that - and it's not exactly unreasonable - and is at the very least convincing to you, go for it. I'm all ears.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 13, 2015 at 5:38 pm)LostLocke Wrote: P1 In the past 20 years the murder rate has gone up in Chicago.
P2 In the past 20 the internet speeds have gone up in Chicago.
C Therefore, raising internet speeds causes murder.

Or, more intriguingly, that murders cause Internet speeds to rise. Correlation is symmetric.  Tongue

(May 13, 2015 at 7:54 pm)ignoramus Wrote: We've proven using this tried method that Stimbo is Jesus, so ...

... one shouldn't rely on avatars for recognition of the Christ. I was completely fooled, but will now pay proper respects.  Worship
(May 15, 2015 at 10:26 am)Hatshepsut Wrote:
(May 13, 2015 at 5:38 pm)LostLocke Wrote: P1 In the past 20 years the murder rate has gone up in Chicago.
P2 In the past 20 the internet speeds have gone up in Chicago.
C Therefore, raising internet speeds causes murder.

Or, more intriguingly, that murders cause Internet speeds to rise. Correlation is symmetric.
True also. After all, how can these murderers expect to keep up with the latest hotspot killing grounds if they're only using dial-up? Wink
And what have we learned?

Make appeasement to me in the form of human sacrifice and if it pleases me, I increase your Internet speed. The figures prove it - what can't speak, can't lie.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 15, 2015 at 11:52 am)Stimbo Wrote: And what have we learned?

Make appeasement to me in the form of human sacrifice and if it pleases me, I increase your Internet speed.

Though I'm afraid I'll have to substitute a fruit fly. Jesus doesn't seem to have asked any sacrifices other than telling the rich kid to sell all his possessions and get on the flower power bus...
That loser. No wonder his dad kicked him out.
And the whole thing of loving Jesus more than your own family.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Hate to break it to you there is no god.

if god does anything to mess with the world or even showed the slightest bit of his power it would
mess with the laws of physics because this is a being with infinite power of course. But he never has
and there would be some sort of prints left on time space left from him and again nothing. No god
its all made up lets move on and go to Denny's tabs on you.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(May 15, 2015 at 2:00 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: And the whole thing of loving Jesus more than your own family.

Almost. But not quite.

Reading more carefully, we find "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37). So, what if you love Jesus and family equally?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Criticism of Aquinas' First Way or of the Proof of God from Motion. spirit-salamander 75 7409 May 3, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6843 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Ed Feser's Aristotelian Proof of the Existence of God Dolorian 60 15538 October 28, 2014 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Brian37