Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 4:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What IS good, and how do we determine it?
RE: What IS good, and how do we determine it?
(July 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Esquilax Wrote: I have the report, moron; I can read the entirety of the discussion surrounding that issue from beginning to end, and yes, quote mining is in there. That there were multiple reasons you were breaking the rules doesn't make things any better.
Would you mind pointing out the rule against quoting someone in your signature or "quote mining" as you put it?

(July 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Hey, I'm the one with full access to the behind the scenes stuff, I know what's there. If you want to know why that's not present in the PM you got about it then that's something you'll need to take up with the person who sent it, not the five other people who voted for it to happen. I'm not actually responsible for the wording choices of my other mods, nor am I capable of reading PMs that come to you; I simply had no way of knowing how it was phrased within private correspondences with you. I can certainly tell you how it went in the discussions that I was privy to, which is what I'm doing here. Don't get petulant that I didn't know things I couldn't possibly know.
Look you stated:

"Oh, so what you're saying is that you remember that we consider that exact form of quote mining to be against the rules, and just decided to do it again. So you intentionally decided to break the rules, fully knowing what you were doing at the time. Great! Glad you admitted that."

Which WAS a misrepresentation. And I DID send a pm with the evidence I presented here, Never received a response...

(July 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Are you serious? You're telling me that "I'm going to report this if you don't knock it off" doesn't give you a reasonable expectation that it's going to become official if you persist? Or that "it's been reported" doesn't give you an explicit, black and white indication of precisely the moment it became official?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
No, you know why? You have a quote from a forum member in your sig, and a know of at least one other member who has a quote from Godschild in his sig, APPARENTLY it's only against the rules if it's an "embarrassing" quote.

(July 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Esquilax Wrote: If I had been personally involved with the action, I would have recused myself. But I wasn't; I perceived that a rule had been broken, warned you to knock it off, and reported it when you didn't. That's.... sort of literally the entire purpose of moderators, to point out where rules have been broken and to adjudicate on those. Are you seriously asking that we recuse ourselves every time we bring an issue to the staff's attention?

Now, I know it rustles your little jimmies that I was the one who handed down the warning, but that's not my problem. We aren't here to cater to your pride, we're here to enforce the rules. There's no reason I should have recused myself there, though it's nice to see you're still salty about it months later.

Quote:
(March 20, 2015 at 2:44 am)Huggy74 Wrote: That
I'm not imagining anything, it is unfair to be judged by your accuser...that's a fact.

If your saying the person that brought the allegations played no part in the proceedings, then I stand corrected.
(March 20, 2015 at 2:57 am)Stimbo Wrote: Then that is an assurance I am happy to be able to give. You would be correct that it is unfair to have the person bringing the charge in a position where they can pass judgement. Fortunately, every time a member of Staff here finds themselves in such a situation, he or she abdicates themselves from the discussion.

Can we now consider the matter closed?

(July 2, 2015 at 3:44 pm)Esquilax Wrote: You are not going to convince me that you are so much of an idiot that it's impossible for you to read context cues and see consequences. Stop with the ignorant act and grow the fuck up.

You were warned in thread by multiple mods, but more importantly, we're not required to warn you before we take action. It was determined that you'd had sufficient explanation in the threads, and what's particularly interesting is that this little mystified act you're putting on, as if you'd have no way to know you were being officially reprimanded without the benefit of green text, didn't show up at all at the time; when you started PMing me back following your warning you knew exactly what you'd been warned for: all I had to say was "trolling" and you immediately understood we were discussing the signature issue.

So don't give me this bullshit about not being adequately warned. You knew then, you know now, and if you didn't have this inbuilt need to cause trouble and this bruised pride from being warned by someone who has the power to do so without needing your imprimatur, then you wouldn't be scrabbling for reasons to bitch now.
You realize I had rhythm quoted (with permission) in my sig for about seven / eight months? Now all of the sudden I'm supposed to realize the interpretation of the rules have changed and now it's considered "trolling"? Give me a break..
Sounds more like a convenient excuse.

Why could I have Rhythm quote in my sig for about seven months and it not be an issue, then all of the sudden it's against the rules?
Huggy you really need to learn to let shit go. You have been whining about this for SEVERAL PAGES now. What is your final point to all of this non-sense? Honestly, your stress levels must be through the roof. Either that or you just really have some deep-seeded hatred against anyone who disagrees with you so you have do resort to stooping to new levels of low.

Kudos to the staff because they are STILL putting up with this horseshit.

Can we PLEASE MOVE the fuck on and get back to the topic, which has been so badly derailed, maybe this one needs to be shut down.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I've been called a liar several times, No I'm not letting it go without a response.
I reviewed the events in question.

The first time his signature became an issue, we asked him to change it, with the intention of changing it for him if he didn't comply. We saw that he had logged in after the PM was sent, and he did not comply. As a result we removed the signature. The context here was that we told Huggy74 and Bad Wolf to discontinue their feud, and Huggy74 chose to put an inflammatory sequence of quotes in his signature afterwards. This hardly counts as discontinuing a feud, in the staff's opinion.

The second time it became an issue we suspended his signature privileges. We don't expect to have to repeat ourselves.

Two takeaways: If staff asks you to do something to rectify a breach of the rules, you are expected to comply, whether you agree with it or not. Furthermore, you're expected to not do the same thing again in the future, and should you choose to do so anyway, you reap what you sow.
(July 2, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: I've been called a liar several times, No I'm not letting it go without a response.

You are a fucking liar.  Don't think for a moment that any post of yours here will not have that remonstration attached to it, and often publicly.

Don't like it?  Maybe you should have been honest.  Too late now, though ... your true colors have been flown full-mast for at least a year I know of, and probably longer.

I will never read any of your posts without considering the source.  Ever.

"Huggy" is your brand-name; dishonest shitball Christian is your brand.  Own it.

You are a liar.

If that's the case,it should be easy to find and present the evidence, shouldn't it?
(July 2, 2015 at 6:06 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: If that's the case,it should be easy to find and present the evidence, shouldn't it?

It's quite evident to anyone following this thread. [Image: free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Talking of this thread, let's get it back on topic shall we. Quite enough of that member's idiocy, thank you:
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 2, 2015 at 1:56 am)Judi Lynn Wrote: Can we just derail HIM instead?

A less charitable person than I am might say someone beat us to it a long time ago. Fortunately I am not such a person, so I won't.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 2, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Would you mind pointing out the rule against quoting someone in your signature or "quote mining" as you put it?

So section 14 of the rules, about "quoting others accurately," just passed you by, eh?

Did you even read the rules before you decided there was nothing in there that you violated? Or did you just assume no such rule could exist because you can't possibly be wrong?

Quote:Look you stated:

"Oh, so what you're saying is that you remember that we consider that exact form of quote mining to be against the rules, and just decided to do it again. So you intentionally decided to break the rules, fully knowing what you were doing at the time. Great! Glad you admitted that."

Which WAS a misrepresentation. And I DID send a pm with the evidence I presented here, Never received a response...

And again, I ask of you: how am I possibly supposed to know what was in a PM, sent by a different mod, to you? I can't see everyone's PMs. If you weren't informed, then fine, that's true, but from my perspective I only have the report, in which quote mining did indeed play a role. I can't account for information I do not have.

Quote:No, you know why? You have a quote from a forum member in your sig, and a know of at least one other member who has a quote from Godschild in his sig, APPARENTLY it's only against the rules if it's an "embarrassing" quote.

Quoting people is not the issue, as you were told then, and were told again now. The issue in the first case is you were using it to taunt another member after you both had been speedbumped, and in the second you misrepresented the content you were quoting; it was a simple mistake that had been retracted cheerfully once that had come to light, and you were representing it without that crucial end portion to make the person you were quoting seem unreasonable. That's both trolling and against our rules on quoting people accurately; how many times do you need to be told the same damn thing before it gets into your head? You were not warned for quoting someone in your sig.

Quote:You realize I had rhythm quoted (with permission) in my sig for about seven / eight months? Now all of the sudden I'm supposed to realize the interpretation of the rules have changed and now it's considered "trolling"? Give me a break..
Sounds more like a convenient excuse.

Hey dumbass? As I mentioned earlier, and as you should fucking know since you linked to the goddamn thread where all this went down, you weren't warned for what you did with Rhythm. You were warned for what you did with FaF; two different people, different cases, different context.

Are you seriously just not listening to anything that disagrees with you? Or is your memory so bad when it comes to things that make you look bad, that you'll forget things you yourself quoted earlier today?

Quote:Why could I have Rhythm quote in my sig for about seven months and it not be an issue, then all of the sudden it's against the rules?

Because you changed your sig from Rhythm's quote to someone else's, and in that case you were quote mining in order to troll that person?

Maybe the issue isn't that you weren't adequately warned, but that you don't fucking absorb information?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The serpent, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life. Newtonscat 48 11896 February 4, 2015 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter