Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What IS good, and how do we determine it?
RE: What IS good, and how do we determine it?
(July 10, 2015 at 12:23 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 9, 2015 at 11:28 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: You have in the past and will likely in the future lie in support of your doctrine that he exists.  But you pay no fealty to the truth. You've been caught in multiple lies on multiple occasions.  To now wrap yourself in the shroud of speaking the truth is not just false, it's funny.

As I have requested evidence for this so called "lying" you accuse me of, on multiple occasions... where is it?

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” sound familiar?

I know that YOU know for a fact I have evidence of your blatant lying (please request the evidence, I dare you) so best case scenario you're a hypocrite.

I've given you evidence in other threads already, and have already told you as well that I'm not your Stepinfetchit. I'm not going to jump and run at your demand, because you, me, and everyone reading this exchange already know that your word isn't worth the pixels used to put it on our screens.

I also know that everyone reading this exchange has also seen me rake you over the coals for your dishonesty. They've seen Rexbeccarox do so; they've seen Esquilax do so; they've seen JudiLynn do so. Your track record of dishonesty is such that the evidence appears every time you click "post reply". For instance, you're pretending here that you've never seen evidence of your dishonesty. That is deceit.

Everyone here knows that you're a lying scumbag who doesn't have two neurons to rub together, and who wouldn't know ethics or morality if they bit him in the ass.

Your only utility here is as a punching bag. Your posts inevitably diminish the threads they appear in; your sentiments inevitably diminish you as a person, showing you to be a small-hearted, feeble-minded fool lacking in empathy, consideration, and intellect. The only use you serve here is for atheists to point to you and say, "Behold, here you have a Christian who defends rape as just. Behold, here you have evil dressed in the guise of good."

That is the only purpose you serve here, Huggy.

Keep it up.

eta: As for evidence of my "lying", go on ahead and drop it. It will only give me one more opportunity to demonstrate what a dumbfuck you are. Do it.

eta 2: Now that the piñata has returned, let me go get Mavis .... [Image: 1oodx5_th.jpg]

(July 10, 2015 at 12:35 am)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(July 10, 2015 at 12:23 am)Huggy74 Wrote: As I have requested evidence for this so called "lying" you accuse me of, on multiple occasions... where is it?

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” sound familiar?

I know that YOU know for a fact I have evidence of your blatant lying (please request the evidence, I dare you) so best case scenario you're a hypocrite.

I've given you evidence in other threads already, and have already told you as well that I'm not your Stepinfetchit. I'm not going to jump and run at your demand, because you, me, and everyone reading this exchange already know that your word isn't worth the pixels used to put it on our screens.

I also know that everyone reading this exchange has also seen me rake you over the coals for your dishonesty.  They've seen Rexbeccarox do so; they've seen Esquilax do so; they've seen JudiLynn do so. Your track record of dishonesty is such that the evidence appears every time you click "post reply". For instance, you're pretending here that you've never seen evidence of your dishonesty.  That is deceit.

Everyone here knows that you're a lying scumbag who doesn't have two neurons to rub together, and who wouldn't know ethics or morality if they bit him in the ass.

Your only utility here is as a punching bag.  Your posts inevitably diminish the threads they appear in; your sentiments inevitably diminish you as a person, showing you to be a small-hearted, feeble-minded fool lacking in empathy, consideration, and intellect. The only use you serve here is for atheists to point to you and say, "Behold, here you have a Christian who defends rape as just.  Behold, here you have evil dressed in the guise of good."

That is the only purpose you serve here, Huggy.

Keep it up.
So you typed all that and provided not one single shred of evidence... good job! Also where have I ever defended rape as just?
(July 10, 2015 at 12:35 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: eta: As for evidence of my "lying", go on ahead and drop it. It will only give me one more opportunity to demonstrate what a dumbfuck you are.  Do it.

eta 2:  Now that the piñata has returned, let me go get Mavis .... [Image: 1oodx5_th.jpg]
You must be a glutton for punishment because I've already exposed your dishonesty.
Remember when you were trying to discredit my sources (world Gallup poll), by claiming that a "report" is much more reliable than a "poll", going so far as to claim that your "report" never used the Gallup poll as a reference?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30615-po...#pid837840
(January 6, 2015 at 11:50 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: An opinion poll is not a report. It can be done in a few days with no problem.

A report, on the other hand, requires some time to gather and collate the data into a sensible whole, because it is not a simple telephone poll -- which are inherently biased -- but rather, a collection of statistics drawn out to find data.

(January 7, 2015 at 2:53 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: You apparently have an inability to read simple English.  Here's a list of the references for that Wiki article:

Quote:References[edit]
Jump up ^ "World Happiness Report 2013 Ranks Happiest Countries Around Globe". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
Jump up ^ "GNH Survey 2010". The Centre for Bhutan Studies. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
Jump up ^ Helliwell, John; Layard, Richard; Sachs, Jeffrey (April 2, 2012). "World Happiness Report". Columbia University Earth Institute. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
Jump up ^ Kyu Lee (2013-09-09). "Sustainable Development Solutions Network | World Happiness Report 2013". unsdsn.org. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
Jump up ^ Helliwell, John; Layard, Richard; Sachs, Jeffrey (September 9, 2013). "World Happiness Report 2013". United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network. Retrieved 2014-06-29.

Note the absence of the Gallup Organization in that list of references.

And here is the Happiness Report itself: http://www.earth.columbia.edu/sitefiles/...Report.pdf. Note that it is not a Gallup poll. Note also that it goes into extensive detail, as opposed to a phone poll, which is inherently superficial, as well as suffering from selection bias.

Do you see your mistake now?
*emphasis mine*
also
(January 7, 2015 at 2:53 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: The link is above, but in case you missed it in your hurry to post yet another idiotic reply, here it is again: http://www.earth.columbia.edu/sitefiles/...Report.pdf.

Dumbass.
Note the hubris in calling me a "dumbass" on top of it. let's see who the "dumbass" is...
On pages 9, 10 and 12 of that link...
Quote:As this report discusses, survey data on happiness are now being collected in various means: the World Values Survey, covering up
to 65 countries; the Gallup World Poll covering 155 countries; and several other national and international
surveys mentioned in Chapters 2 and 3.  
Quote:Chapter 2 discusses the happiness measures currently in use across countries, specifically the Gallup World Poll (GWP), the World
Values Survey (WVS), and the European Social Survey (ESS), and asks whether or not these measures can
provide valid information about quality of life that can be used to guide policy-making.
Quote:We shall start by presenting data from the Gallup World Poll, since it provides far greater country coverage than is currently available from any other source. The Gallup World Poll contains measures of positive and negative affect (yesterday) as well as a life evaluation.
Need I go on? In fact, search the word "Gallup" yourself to see how many times it's mentioned

Then you had the audacity after claiming that a "poll" wasn't a reliable source, you use information from Gallup world poll when it fits your argument....

In what way is this NOT evidence of your dishonesty.
It sounds like the answer to the OP has been reached.
lolz, like your word means anything, Hugz. Here, have a high colonic and shut the fuck up already. What kind of loser cherishes "victories" online so much that he catalogues them? I'll bet you fap to them as well.

Your dishonesty has been demonstrated time and again, and unlike you, I have better things to do with my time than run around a forum collecting out-of-context stored-up quotes in order to provide dud ammunition for a failed argument.

I'm laughing at you because you're an imbecile. Hope you enjoy that.

Also, thanks for reprinting my invective, in case anyone missed it the first time.

(June 15, 2015 at 7:03 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The question I have for atheists is how do we know what IS good?

There is no "good" in my world. I do whatever I feel is the right thing to do and I like the feeling after I've helped someone (if I can help). And if they think of it to be "good", then so be it.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: lolz, like your word means anything, Hugz.  Here, have a high colonic and shut the fuck up already. What kind of loser cherishes "victories" online so much that he catalogues them? I'll bet you fap to them as well.
I don't catalog anything, I use the search feature.
(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: Your dishonesty has been demonstrated time and again, and unlike you, I have better things to do with my time than run around a forum collecting out-of-context stored-up quotes in order to provide dud ammunition for a failed argument.
If my "dishonesty has been demonstrated time and again" then ONE example shouldn't be all that hard to find....
(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm laughing at you because you're an imbecile. Hope you enjoy that.
So you were schooled by an imbecile then?  Clap
Btw, what does that make you?
(July 10, 2015 at 8:33 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: lolz, like your word means anything, Hugz.  Here, have a high colonic and shut the fuck up already. What kind of loser cherishes "victories" online so much that he catalogues them? I'll bet you fap to them as well.
I don't catalog anything, I use the search feature.

Sure thing, Scrub.

(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: Your dishonesty has been demonstrated time and again, and unlike you, I have better things to do with my time than run around a forum collecting out-of-context stored-up quotes in order to provide dud ammunition for a failed argument.
If my "dishonesty has been demonstrated time and again" then ONE example shouldn't be all that hard to find....

Why should I go through the effort, when all I have to do is wait for your next post and let you supply the evidence yourself?

(July 10, 2015 at 2:25 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm laughing at you because you're an imbecile. Hope you enjoy that.
So you were schooled by an imbecile then?  Clap

Apparently you don't understand why I put "victories" in quotes.

(July 10, 2015 at 8:33 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Btw, what does that make you?

It makes me sad for you, that you cannot read English and understand its punctuation.
[/quote]

(July 10, 2015 at 4:13 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(June 15, 2015 at 7:03 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The question I have for atheists is how do we know what IS good?

There is no "good" in my world. I do whatever I feel is the right thing to do and I like the feeling after I've helped someone (if I can help). And if they think of it to be "good", then so be it.

Thanks for the response to my OP. Your answer seems to be the general consensus around here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I'll tell you what is good and settle this once and for all:

Full marks in my second bookkeeping exam today, woo! I'm now qualified to scribble shit on some paper and charge you money for it. I'll soon be starting my computerised course so I can scribble on virtual books.

Debits and credits are my bitches this day.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The serpent, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life. Newtonscat 48 11890 February 4, 2015 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter