Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 4:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
However- even if you think that this particular statement may not have the approval of a god (NONE actually do in any writings - gods are myth) - one cannot overlook the many actions OF THE GOD in the bible that were unspeakably immoral.

That were unspeakably immoral.

According to what basis were they unspeakably immoral?? And unless you know for an ABSOLUTE FACT WHAT HIS REASON WERE, which is revealed in the Bible and you have read them and you still somehow (moronically) still think He's immoral, you are literally only giving your opinion.

There's certainly more evidence of historical Jesus than evolution.

100% true!!
(September 1, 2017 at 2:43 am)Godisgood Wrote: There's certainly more evidence of historical Jesus than evolution.

100% true!!

When I get around to erecting that granite whipping post to punish teachers for allowing the likes of you to graduate, I'll be sure to have your words engraved near the top.
(September 1, 2017 at 5:37 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(September 1, 2017 at 2:43 am)Godisgood Wrote: There's certainly more evidence of historical Jesus than evolution.

100% true!!

When I get around to erecting that granite whipping post to punish teachers for allowing the likes of you to graduate, I'll be sure to have your words engraved near the top.

I'd be carefull crossless, that statement of his is based on objective standards and not subjective opinions.
And we know this because lying is OBJECTIVELY wrong. So he can't lie.  And we know he can't. Because he can't possibly do something objectively wrong. Because he says he can't. Because of the objective standard, which makes it he can't lie about the lying.

Jeez... I wonder if I follow this loophole far enough into my own asshole I'll come out of my mouth. Would explain the shit I'm spewing, for sure.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(August 31, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Godscreated Wrote:
(August 30, 2017 at 7:55 am)Harry Nevis Wrote: Or maybe we just don't buy your explanations.  It's revealing how to you "learn" means believe what I tell you, and "truth" means whatever you believe.

The verses are obvious to those who care to read them, instead you all just post them over and over without trying to learn what the verses are about, I call that ignorance to learning, a problem many here have.

(August 30, 2017 at 2:13 am)Godisgood Wrote:

Harry N Wrote:Morality IS based on the opinions and emotions, and frequently changes.  The interpretations of your god's morality has quite a bit over the years.

God's morality given to men has never changed because God is unchanging. Man's morality changes with the whims and lies of his heart, now you've seen the truth, please remember it.

GC

Truth?  Funny, looks to me just empty bluster and emotional neediness.

(September 1, 2017 at 2:43 am)Godisgood Wrote: However- even if you think that this particular statement may not have the approval of a god (NONE actually do in any writings - gods are myth) - one cannot overlook the many actions OF THE GOD in the bible that were unspeakably immoral.

That were unspeakably immoral.

According to what basis were they unspeakably immoral?? And unless you know for an ABSOLUTE FACT WHAT HIS REASON WERE, which is revealed in the Bible and you have read them and you still somehow (moronically) still think He's immoral, you are literally only giving your opinion.

There's certainly more evidence of historical Jesus than evolution.

100% true!!

100% bullshit.  And, unless you know for an absolute fact that you god exists, it's all just your opinion.

But you've already re-defined "truth".  I'm sure it's easy for you to make up a definition for "absolute", and "fact".

Boy, christian logic is EASY!
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(September 1, 2017 at 1:36 am)Godisgood Wrote:
From the only place you can find an objective moral standard, moral facts of a matter.

I dont know what that means??
Then you aren't equipped to discuss objective morality, who possesses one, and what it derives from.  

Quote:No you dont. Even if the evidence seems to be against what He might do that jdoesnt give you the right to judge Him. We are finite beings and He is an INFINITE BEING WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING AND WE DONT KNOW EVERYTHING SO its rididculous for finite beings to be judging an all powerful God.
You know what's ridiculous, believing that knowing more than someone else makes the bad things™ not-bad.  That's not an objective morality.  

Quote:Furthermore, God is completely Just in judging those who disobey Him. If He didnt punish them, He would be approving of Sin.
"Do what I say, or I'll hurt you!". 
Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 1, 2017 at 1:36 am)Godisgood Wrote: Actually - we DO indeed have a right to judge - because the god is claimed to be ALL GOOD and ALL JUST. If the evidence is to the contrary - we can reject those claims.

No you dont. Even if the evidence seems to be against what He might do that jdoesnt give you the right to judge Him. We are finite beings and He is an INFINITE BEING WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING AND WE DONT KNOW EVERYTHING SO its rididculous for finite beings to be judging an all powerful God.

Furthermore, God is completely Just in judging those who disobey Him. If He didnt punish them, He would be approving of Sin.

I have no idea against whom you are arguing, as your quotes are all over the place. Read our BBCode Guide if you seriously don't know how to quote. It's really not that hard.

However, to address your post: I am an infinite being who knows everything. In fact, I'm an infinitely bigger infinite being than your god and I know infinitely more everything than it does. So I do get to judge it. And I judge it to be immoral by my standards.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 1, 2017 at 7:32 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(August 31, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Godscreated Wrote:   The verses are obvious to those who care to read them, instead you all just post them over and over without trying to learn what the verses are about, I call that ignorance to learning, a problem many here have.

God's morality given to men has never changed because God is unchanging. Man's morality changes with the whims and lies of his heart, now you've seen the truth, please remember it.

GC

Truth?  Funny, looks to me just empty bluster and emotional neediness.

You have shown through our conversations that your sight is very limited, blinders must be a permanent fixture on your soul and mind, so sad.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Why wouldn't I do the immoral things in the bible then?

I am more moral than the god of the bible and so are you, I hope!

Evolved mammals have empathy unless they are sociopaths or psycopaths. Both of which also understood in terms of evolution.

The bible is a man's book, shows very obvious flaws that would be expected of a bronze/iron age society. Examples are replete in similar cultures around the world.

We are all animals, homo-sapiens are social animals. Pattern seeking brains caused the evolution of early religious ideas as the best explanations of their time.

It is tragic so many still cling to this nonsense.

None of us know it all, but a supreme being that loved and wanted to know us would have made this truth so easy it would be trivial.

I hate to beg the question, but.........
(September 1, 2017 at 1:13 pm)JackRussell Wrote: I am more moral than the god of the bible and so are you, I hope!

I too am more moral than the god of the Bible.  I would quite cheerfully deliver a serious thumping to anyone who threatened to nail my offspring to a tree, and to the best of my knowledge and recollection I have not drowned any planets.
[Image: quote-if-a-man-would-follow-today-the-te...-13-19.jpg]