Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing Vs Claiming to Believe
RE: Believing Vs Claiming to Believe
(November 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm)The Reality Salesman Wrote: Jerkoff

If you keep using that emoticon, I am going to have to find out where you live. Wink Shades
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 16, 2013 at 9:26 am)The Reality Salesman Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrvhr1GZXp4ujG9UW6Fgt...dWp_jpYgex]

I guess this isn't trolling either, don't worry mods it will sink in one of these days.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm)Godschild Wrote: I guess this isn't trolling either, don't worry mods it will sink in one of these days.

GC

It'd be trolling if that was all he did, GC. Like, say, if he spent all his time telling everyone else how ignorant they are, and that they should read the bible, rather than actually responding. Dodgy

Nice persecution complex, though!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Jerkoff You're on an Atheist site
(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: I didn't ask if you looked for big foot, I asked if you believed in him. Try answering again.

You're being plain dishonest, I suggest no one take you seriously, if everyone will go back to my last post to you they will see where I answered the question. You did not like it because it wasn't what you expected or wanted to hear.
If the question had been: 'Have you looked for bigfoot?' Then yes I would be dishonest and you would have answered the question. But alas, that was not my question. My question was: 'Do you believe in bigfoot?' I'm not understanding why you are having so much trouble with this question.

BW Wrote:Well you obviously didn't listen hard enough. You don't believe enough. You don't want to believe in the unicorn. Why would the unicorn want to reveal himself to someone who doesn't want to believe? Its all part of free will. Its up to you to have faith in the unicorn and you will start seeing him. Its not up to him to reveal himself to you.
Any of this sounding familiar?

(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: If you're trying to compare your trash talk with Christianity you should first learn what Christianity is about.
The biggest mistake you made was thinking God does not take the action of calling you and revealing Himself to you. God wants all to see Him and my belief in God as anyone's is comes from God.

I'm sorry if i'm not doing justice to your version of the christian god (which is of course the true one). I'm just going off of what I have been told by other christians in the past. You may want to start an argument with them over the characteristics of your god.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: I see no free will with that unicorny of yours, he/she/it doesn't give us any options to anything, pretty sorry pet you have.

GC

Oh right, sorry, forgot to mention:
If you believe in the unicorn you will spend an eternity in the bliss and paradise of Unicorn land! All he asks you to do is worship him in the form of feeding a donkey a carrot every sunday.
If you don't believe in him and don't worship him, you will be reincarnated as a human being with a severe disability or illness that will cause you much pain and suffering. Its all you deserve. He gave you the chance to worship him. Hopefully once your next life is over, you will have reconsidered your position and worship him

(November 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm)Godschild Wrote: You will need to prove these ridiculous statements you claim to have knowledge of.

GC

Oh, im terribly sorry if I was being unclear GC. Was it the omnipotence thing?
OK try this, the question is to prove my point, i promise i'm not trolling you here.
Can god create a boulder that he cannot lift?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(November 17, 2013 at 7:43 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm)The Reality Salesman Wrote: Jerkoff

If you keep using that emoticon, I am going to have to find out where you live. Wink Shades
I think GC is providing enough mental masturbation for everybody.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(November 16, 2013 at 9:26 am)The Reality Salesman Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrvhr1GZXp4ujG9UW6Fgt...dWp_jpYgex]

I guess this isn't trolling either, don't worry mods it will sink in one of these days.

GC
LMFAO!!!
(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: The Christians here have been saying the only proof for someone that God exists is in personal experience, if you do not respond to His calling you'll never find out, what a waste that is.

Personal experience isn't enough, I've had these personal experiences with "god", Christian for 20 years, and they can all be brought back to myself. How I wanted to feel. Funny how the mind works, only seeing what it wants to.

Quote:You enjoy showing your ignorance don't you. I've studied scriptures for many years, long before you were born.

Ignorant? No, not with the bible, I don't claim to know everything about it but I do have a good foundation of knowledge to draw from. I couldn't care less how long you've studied them, your god asks quite a lot of his faithful that could be labeled as ridiculous.

Quote:You now what the truly funny thing here is, it takes no more than this to make an argument with you.

Blah blah, you got any new material or are you sticking with your regular superior toned bullshit?

Quote:You've moved the goalpost so many times in your life it's become a natural way for you to act. God did those things in the past, glad to see you are beginning to see the scriptures as they are. God now lives within use by the Holy Spirit, to me this is a much greater thing.

Oh please do tell me more about my life. What are you a Christian or a supposed psychic GC? Pick a goddamn lane.

The point being is that your bible does indeed change goalposts. I take it you agree?

Quote:I've yet to see one intelligent thought from you, just a bunch of loud obnoxious trolling. You have not shown me that what you believe is real and not just an excuse to be a selfish little person.

I won't lie, unlike some others, I have partaken of my fair share of snide comments and a little fun. It's a good thing for levity, and as for the snide comments sometimes I let my sarcastic nature get the better of me but hey you've never done that right? Wink

As for intelligent conversation you're entitled to your opinion but like I said opinions are fun so here's mine;
You're a douche. You talk down to people and then play the holier than thou card when people call you out on it. You act like you're intellectually superior but frankly you just spit out platitudes as truth and can hardly make an argument without making bare assertions or back peddling wildy and screaming "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" (Of course that isn't meant literally before you ask me to quote you boyo but you catch my drift) or without using circular reasoning that we have all told you is bullshit.

What I believe is constantly real and true, I don't believe in your god, or are you calling me a liar? And yet again I have to tell you to stop telling me things about me, and selfish?? I'm hardly selfish you sanctimonious little shit, I take on the responsibility of two people every day of my life, and nearly everything I do in my life is for my family so, again, shut the fuck up.

Quote:We'll see who's the coward when you're on your death bed. For me death is the entrance into an eternal world of awe and love, truth really sets one free, hell's jail and Christ holds the keys to it and He will never return to unlock it, so once there, eternally there.

My belief is that there's nothing after this life and frankly I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this life and not be worried about it. As for cowardice? No I don't think that will be my response but we shall see.

Quote:Throw all the stones you want at my house, it's built on the strength of an omnipotent God. I have never said I hear God with my ears, the Holy Spirit speaks from within.

I've provided more than you could ever handle.

GC

Your house is built on lies and self assurances as far as I can tell.

I'm handling everything but your blatant arrogance quite well child, and even that won't cross my mind til your next reply if you choose to do so.
(November 17, 2013 at 7:49 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote:

If the question had been: 'Have you looked for bigfoot?' Then yes I would be dishonest and you would have answered the question. But alas, that was not my question. My question was: 'Do you believe in bigfoot?' I'm not understanding why you are having so much trouble with this question.

I answered it further into the post, didn't your mommy read down that far for you.

BW Wrote:Well you obviously didn't listen hard enough. You don't believe enough. You don't want to believe in the unicorn. Why would the unicorn want to reveal himself to someone who doesn't want to believe? Its all part of free will. Its up to you to have faith in the unicorn and you will start seeing him. Its not up to him to reveal himself to you.
Any of this sounding familiar?

(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: If you're trying to compare your trash talk with Christianity you should first learn what Christianity is about.
The biggest mistake you made was thinking God does not take the action of calling you and revealing Himself to you. God wants all to see Him and my belief in God as anyone's is comes from God.

BW Wrote:I'm sorry if i'm not doing justice to your version of the christian god (which is of course the true one). I'm just going off of what I have been told by other christians in the past. You may want to start an argument with them over the characteristics of your god.

I'm telling you about the God you can find in scripture, this being the basis for our understanding of God. If what they say does not line up with the scriptures they spoke out of place and it seems they did or you misunderstood which is what I believe. Since you take hearsay as fact I guess I can do the same with other subjects up for argument, right. I do not argue with Christians, I was a teacher of scripture and thus have no need to argue with a Christian, unless they are spouting things that are definitely not correct.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: I see no free will with that unicorny of yours, he/she/it doesn't give us any options to anything, pretty sorry pet you have.

GC

BW Wrote:Oh right, sorry, forgot to mention:
If you believe in the unicorn you will spend an eternity in the bliss and paradise of Unicorn land! All he asks you to do is worship him in the form of feeding a donkey a carrot every sunday.
If you don't believe in him and don't worship him, you will be reincarnated as a human being with a severe disability or illness that will cause you much pain and suffering. Its all you deserve. He gave you the chance to worship him. Hopefully once your next life is over, you will have reconsidered your position and worship him

Where is this unicorny land, same place as candy land, right. I bet you haven't feed a donkey a carrot in years, sounds like you're in trouble with your uni-god, to bad man. Guess you'll be reincarnated with your head up your butt... wait that's your normal right now, man you're in serious trouble. Why would I want to worship what could be my pet in heaven.

(November 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm)Godschild Wrote: You will need to prove these ridiculous statements you claim to have knowledge of.

GC

BW Wrote:Oh, im terribly sorry if I was being unclear GC. Was it the omnipotence thing?
OK try this, the question is to prove my point, i promise i'm not trolling you here.
Can god create a boulder that he cannot lift?

Just how old are you 6 or 7. This is when children of Christians know how ridiculous that question is, grow up.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 18, 2013 at 2:37 am)Godschild Wrote: Just how old are you 6 or 7. This is when children of Christians know how ridiculous that question is, grow up.

GC

That's not an answer.

Again.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 17, 2013 at 9:35 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote:
(November 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm)Godschild Wrote: The Christians here have been saying the only proof for someone that God exists is in personal experience, if you do not respond to His calling you'll never find out, what a waste that is.

Personal experience isn't enough, I've had these personal experiences with "god", Christian for 20 years, and they can all be brought back to myself. How I wanted to feel. Funny how the mind works, only seeing what it wants to.

You are lying either about your age or being a Christian for 20 years. Sorry you have no control over your mind, that must be very disturbing. It's terrible you did not have a personal relationship with Christ, I'm sorry you wasted so much time with such a troubled mind. Now I know why you have trouble with the truth, I want over look it though, tough luck.

GC Wrote:You enjoy showing your ignorance don't you. I've studied scriptures for many years, long before you were born.

Quote:Ignorant? No, not with the bible, I don't claim to know everything about it but I do have a good foundation of knowledge to draw from. I couldn't care less how long you've studied them, your god asks quite a lot of his faithful that could be labeled as ridiculous.

Oh, I guess I can go read through a general science book and claim I have a scientific foundation, good to know, I'll remember what you said here for future use. Just because you read it as ridiculous doesn't qualify it as such, sorry it takes an understanding of scriptures.

GC Wrote:You now what the truly funny thing here is, it takes no more than this to make an argument with you.

Quote:Blah blah, you got any new material or are you sticking with your regular superior toned bullshit?

ROFLOL

GC Wrote:You've moved the goalpost so many times in your life it's become a natural way for you to act. God did those things in the past, glad to see you are beginning to see the scriptures as they are. God now lives within use by the Holy Spirit, to me this is a much greater thing.

Quote:Oh please do tell me more about my life. What are you a Christian or a supposed psychic GC? Pick a goddamn lane.

You ain't lived long enough to know what life is about young'in. Your general attitude tells me much about you.

Quote:The point being is that your bible does indeed change goalposts. I take it you agree?

I knew you did not understand the Bible and what God was doing down through history, you're like most, just believing you know things about the scriptures because you own a Bible.

GC Wrote:I've yet to see one intelligent thought from you, just a bunch of loud obnoxious trolling. You have not shown me that what you believe is real and not just an excuse to be a selfish little person.

AG Wrote:I won't lie, unlike some others, I have partaken of my fair share of snide comments and a little fun. It's a good thing for levity, and as for the snide comments sometimes I let my sarcastic nature get the better of me but hey you've never done that right? Wink

I have my fun here, just like everyone else, and yes I make snide remarks at times, I've never denied it.

AG Wrote:As for intelligent conversation you're entitled to your opinion but like I said opinions are fun so here's mine;
You're a douche. You talk down to people and then play the holier than thou card when people call you out on it. You act like you're intellectually superior but frankly you just spit out platitudes as truth and can hardly make an argument without making bare assertions or back peddling wildy and screaming "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" (Of course that isn't meant literally before you ask me to quote you boyo but you catch my drift) or without using circular reasoning that we have all told you is bullshit.

It's your right to believe what you want but when you, make assertions about scriptures or God with out understanding what you are saying, I'm going to tell you that you're wrong. I'm not going to beat around the bush, not for you or anyone else. You believe I set myself up above you, I find that quite curious. When I pray for you or anyone else on this forum I'm being a servant, I set myself below you to lift you up before God, prayer is service work and those who use it as something else have mistaken what prayer in a Christians life is about. Biblically I am your superior, I've allowed God to teach me not only directly but through many very intelligent people. There are many many who are superior to me in bible knowledge, these I listen to and learn from. There are many here who are superior to me in many subjects and generally I stay away from those discussions.

AG Wrote:What I believe is constantly real and true, I don't believe in your god, or are you calling me a liar? And yet again I have to tell you to stop telling me things about me, and selfish?? I'm hardly selfish you sanctimonious little shit, I take on the responsibility of two people every day of my life, and nearly everything I do in my life is for my family so, again, shut the fuck up.

That's a good thing your doing and I wasn't referring to any part of your life but the spiritual, you gave it up and all the responsibilities that go with it. Serving God is no easy task at times but it is extremely rewarding, even when immature little boys call you names.

GC Wrote:We'll see who's the coward when you're on your death bed. For me death is the entrance into an eternal world of awe and love, truth really sets one free, hell's jail and Christ holds the keys to it and He will never return to unlock it, so once there, eternally there.

Quote:My belief is that there's nothing after this life and frankly I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this life and not be worried about it. As for cowardice? No I don't think that will be my response but we shall see.

Death reveals much about people.

GC Wrote:Throw all the stones you want at my house, it's built on the strength of an omnipotent God. I have never said I hear God with my ears, the Holy Spirit speaks from within.

I've provided more than you could ever handle.

GC

Quote:Your house is built on lies and self assurances as far as I can tell.

I'm handling everything but your blatant arrogance quite well child, and even that won't cross my mind til your next reply if you choose to do so.

My house is built on the truth of God, something you some how missed and now because I stand on that truth you call me arrogant, you speak as a child and show you have little regard for those who want live as you do, what a waste of life.

GC

(November 18, 2013 at 2:49 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(November 18, 2013 at 2:37 am)Godschild Wrote: Just how old are you 6 or 7. This is when children of Christians know how ridiculous that question is, grow up.

GC

That's not an answer.

Again.

It is when one shows no more mental capacity than what BW portrays.

GC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5733 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5681 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is it a constant struggle to keep believing? FreeTony 34 8057 December 25, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Believing in creationism is a sin Nerd 96 32797 March 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman