Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy.
Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy.
Please do not tell me that I am obsessed with the man, because I am not, any more than I am "obsessed" with the lying, pathological narcissistic Donald Trump.

Having said that, Bill Craig is now claiming that he has a PhD in Philosophy from the University of Birmingham:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/documents/CV.pdf

However, the RationalWiki continues to say that it was a PhD in the Philosophy of Religion:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Lane_Craig

And, so, which is it?  Is Bill Craig now truly "Philosopher Bill Craig"?
RE: Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy.
B.S = Bullshit
M.S. = More of the Same
Ph. D. = Piled Higher and Deeper

True enough in Craig's case.
(March 8, 2017 at 4:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: B.S = Bullshit
M.S. = More of the Same
Ph. D. = Piled Higher and Deeper

True enough in Craig's case.

Agreed, but is B.C. now lying about his academic credentials?
Kent Hovind has a PH. D. from Patriot Bible University, which is an unaccredited bullshit baptist "correspondence" "school," too.  It's all over the web and worth the laughs to see what a shit-for-brains moron he is.

I wonder what Craig's dissertation was on?
Kent Hovind's dissertation is in a class of its own - dissertations that start with "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind".
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I have a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the University of My Home Printer.
(March 8, 2017 at 4:15 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Please do not tell me that I am obsessed with the man, because I am not, any more than I am "obsessed" with the lying, pathological narcissistic Donald Trump.

Having said that, Bill Craig is now claiming that he has a PhD in Philosophy from the University of Birmingham:

However, the RationalWiki continues to say that it was a PhD in the Philosophy of Religion:

It's generalized philosophy, as the University of Birmingham does not have separate doctoral programs for specific areas. He does genuinely have a Ph.D. in philosophy.

It just doesn't count for much, and never has, because, while the program is technically just generalized philosophy, it allows those attempting to achieve a degree to choose their own focus. Craig specifically studied philosophy of religion - in particular, the Kalam cosmological argument - and isn't shy about this fact. 

So technically, yes. Ph.D. in generalized philosophy, because that's as specific as the degree could get. In practice, it's a doctorate in philosophy of religion.

And he's not even very good at that.
"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
  - A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
'Philosophy of religion' is a legitimate sub-discipline within philosophy, so it might be true. However, judging by the quality of his arguments, I'd say he didn't get much more than a degree out of the experience, if true.
(March 8, 2017 at 4:42 pm)Jesster Wrote: I have a PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the University of My Home Printer.

Google State U
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 8, 2017 at 4:46 pm)Nonpareil Wrote:
(March 8, 2017 at 4:15 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Please do not tell me that I am obsessed with the man, because I am not, any more than I am "obsessed" with the lying, pathological narcissistic Donald Trump.

It's generalized philosophy, as the University of Birmingham does not have separate doctoral programs for specific areas. He does genuinely have a Ph.D. in philosophy.

It just doesn't count for much, and never has, because, while the program is technically just generalized philosophy, it allows those attempting to achieve a degree to choose their own focus. Craig specifically studied philosophy of religion - in particular, the Kalam cosmological argument - and isn't shy about this fact. 

So technically, yes. Ph.D. in generalized philosophy, because that's as specific as the degree could get. In practice, it's a doctorate in philosophy of religion.

And he's not even very good at that.

Okay, RationalWiki is wrong, then.  I will try to get it updated, but I don't have an account there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1802 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3093 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1489 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Arguments Against Thomistic philosophy FireFromHeaven 155 24797 January 28, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1234 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25587 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5673 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4846 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4148 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7273 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm