Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member Artwork (revived)
RE: Member Artwork (revived)
A drawing I've put together after FSTDT's Nautical999 vs. Leviathon quote:

[Image: 03bf84c108cb.jpg]
This thread is old, but it's sticky, so I will assume it's okay to post. Tongue

[Image: uu8tWCI.png]
One of my recent drawings:
[Image: blue_ranger_is_not_amused__by_akirathefi...a2qbps.png]
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
A PC I am in the process of rolling up for a colonial Lovecraft game. She's an investigator/inventor/magician who finally learned to stop blowing her fingers off after some practice.

[Image: Elizabeth%201%20sm_zpsykbevfdz.png]
A slightly modified version of the first one...

[Image: Elizabeth%201%20sm_zpsoppl2czv.png]
(September 13, 2014 at 7:38 am)Dissily Mordentroge Wrote: I don't ever think of myself as 'artist' or of what I produce as 'art'. To me it's just therapy.
[Image: Library-1908_zps4c23683e.jpg] [Image: Library-1124_zpsb6a98dee.jpg] [Image: Library-1122_zps77849375.jpg]

I find your color sense really impressive.  Your first one reminds me a little of some color pencil baskets I saw in a Boston gallery years ago.

[Image: 3238336394_ba9a0ed083_z.jpg?zz=1]

[Image: 3237496375_ddb3ecf12a_z.jpg]
Hello everyone.  A few years ago, I was into doing modular origami.  Basically, multiple units are folded, which contain hands and pockets. These units are then assembled (no glue required) to form cool geometric structures.  I'll post some of the models I did below.  If anyone is interested in making them, then I can see if I can dig up some diagrams or youtube videos and post them here.   

P.S.  You don't need to be an origami expert to do these.  However, patience is definitely requiredSmile

Modulars

Daniel Kwan's Six Intersecting Pentagonal Prisms

[Image: 3XwUMRM.jpg]

[Image: SaE6ecZ.jpg]

Daniel Kwan's Four Interlocking Triangular Prisms

[Image: p5IMB8m.jpg]

Tom Hull's Five Intersecting Tetrahedra

[Image: 2XgsOA7.jpg]

Mark Lenard's Soccer Ball

[Image: mVoTvj4.jpg]

Tom Hull's Torus (made from 555 phizz units)

[Image: aTROc4o.jpg]

(October 1, 2016 at 1:22 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Hello everyone.  A few years ago, I was into doing modular origami.  Basically, multiple units are folded, which contain hands and pockets. These units are then assembled (no glue required) to form cool geometric structures.  I'll post some of the models I did below.  If anyone is interested in making them, then I can see if I can dig up some diagrams or youtube videos and post them here.   

P.S.  You don't need to be an origami expert to do these.  However, patience is definitely requiredSmile

Modulars

Daniel Kwan's Six Intersecting Pentagonal Prisms

[Image: 3XwUMRM.jpg]

[Image: SaE6ecZ.jpg]

Daniel Kwan's Four Interlocking Triangular Prisms

[Image: p5IMB8m.jpg]

Tom Hull's Five Intersecting Tetrahedra

[Image: 2XgsOA7.jpg]

Mark Lenard's Soccer Ball

[Image: mVoTvj4.jpg]

Tom Hull's Torus (made from 555 phizz units)

[Image: aTROc4o.jpg]

That's super cool
Early-stage WIP for my new sig. Enjoying putting my mad Photoshop skillz to work...

[Image: sig-wip-1_zpsdfmn7vl0.png]
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Looking much more like it.

[Image: sig-wip-3_zpsmsaspyt0.png]
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metalheads Discussion - Revived Martian Mermaid 10 2124 January 20, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Member Photography Bittersmart 38 7293 April 1, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: ManMachine
Bug a viwe of god from the eye of the infant atheist/nihilist artwork louieVT 7 3356 October 30, 2013 at 3:30 am
Last Post: Fruity