Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member Artwork (revived)
RE: Member Artwork (revived)
WoW, a lot of great stuff throughout this thread, here is an oil painting I did.

[Image: SDC10237.jpg]
I always wanted to be a good painter, I've done around 20 paintings in my free time and took 2 different painting classs, one oil and the other acrylic. I've sucked at both, it's just one of those mediums that speaks to me, but I just can't handle. I like your painting a lot, mainly you color choices especially when it comes to skin tones. Perhaps thats my problem and why I like to stick with pen and ink and ink wash.

The hat is done very well too.
I'm pretty busy with school and work so I don't get the chance to draw much anymore, but this thread continues to remind me of the day where I just work and am able to come home and draw for a couple of hours. Fucking love art.
Thanks Asimm, if I can paint anyone can lol, you just have to find the best technique that suites you.
Drawing can be easy if you use the gride method, I think its called that, as below.

[Image: SDC10186.jpg]

[Image: myBest0014.jpg]
Yeah grids aren't my thing really, until 2 years ago, i never used a reference, I actually came from a strict graffiti background. I got some really great line work, but lack else where. I think grids are a good technique, dont get me wrong, I guess I'm more interested in the traditional techniques right now. I'll prob go back to painting once I get older as well, I just suck at color theory and blending the right colors.

Just wanna add, I find grids useful for perspective though, or maybe I should say crucial?
Yes I suck at colour theory also, I know nothing about the theory, I just try to paint what I see and that's all, do you have any art work to show ?.
A page or 2 back I posted my most recent stuff.
(March 10, 2014 at 11:53 am)Asimm Wrote: A page or 2 back I posted my most recent stuff.

WoW, great work, now I wouldn't be able to draw that good, I'll think you will be a fantastic artist no matter what medium you use.
A rose I drew for my wife a couple years ago in pencil

[Image: 15pftpy.png]
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
That's a beautiful job you did there Rahul.
(March 10, 2014 at 7:51 pm)Rahul Wrote: A rose I drew for my wife a couple years ago in pencil

[Image: 15pftpy.png]

Very nicely done. Did you have training in this or are you self-taught? Excellent either way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metalheads Discussion - Revived Martian Mermaid 10 2129 January 20, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Member Photography Bittersmart 38 7295 April 1, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: ManMachine
Bug a viwe of god from the eye of the infant atheist/nihilist artwork louieVT 7 3362 October 30, 2013 at 3:30 am
Last Post: Fruity