Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Get-Togethers
RE: AF Get-Togethers
We haven't actually set one but it will be around January February (winter wedding). It's much cheaper at larger venues (which we need as we have so many people to come) and we've found a really nice place we want to get married which will accommodate us all.

Honeymoon will be in Spring time which I guess is perfect for the above (March/April time?). We want to avoid the really cold weather up North in NY and Chicago but still have not too oppressive heat down south, so we figured Spring would be good. I also want to see some of the forests in Maine during spring as I really love that kind of thing.

We've barely begun planning anything. I think we're going to just hire a car and book flights, and then look for hotels along the way except perhaps in LV, LA and our first stop (wherever it is) just to make it easier. We are keen to spend a decent amount of time in California as there's so much to explore, so we'd probably be around seeing you for a day or two at least if that's ok? Don't want to put you out of course, but seeing you would be really cool, especially if we could go to some events as well ^_^

Also, Theivery Corp? I frickin love them, sad I won't be able to see them Sad
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Springtime will be great, and of course a couple of days is good!  If you need help with accommodations here in Carlsbad or Oceanside, I can help, although other places in the SD area are a mystery to me.  I can still try to help, though. Again, springtime is good, and you probably won't have much trouble finding places to stay along the way, except maybe Vegas; it's a very popular time to be there because it hasn't gotten *hot* yet. It might be to you Brits, though Tongue

If you plan on driving through Colorado, you should hit Ben (SOW) up for a pint.  He's fun Smile

Yeah- we get some really good bands at Del Mar.  You only have to pay the $6 admission ($3 if you sign up for the membership, which is free- although, you might have to be a local; I can't remember), into the races before they end for the day, and you get to see really good music at a great outdoor venue looking at the ocean.  The races are fun too, but that's moot if you won't be here in July/August.  Sorry.  There are plenty of other fun things to do, anyway.  We should do one of your days at the beach, but I'm gonna make you both wear SFP 128 Tongue
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
If any of you jive monkeys ever happen to be in England in the Kent area, we could arrange a meet up Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 23, 2015 at 10:30 am)robvalue Wrote: If any of you jive monkeys ever happen to be in England in the Kent area, we could arrange a meet up Smile

I am in Hampshire. Where along Hertford and Hereford, hurricanes hardly happen.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 23, 2015 at 3:28 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Ya'll. I'm driving across America at some point next year, starting in either NY or Chicago and moving down through the south over to LV & LA.

If your jaunt takes you through Ohio, look me up. You might have to take a detour (slight if starting from NY, working a bit backwards if Chicago).
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Anybody here in Chicago? I'm going to be there (probably) the week of the 20th if anyone wants to get some beers.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 23, 2015 at 3:28 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Ya'll. I'm driving across America at some point next year, starting in either NY or Chicago and moving down through the south over to LV & LA.

I will be driving through for about 3 weeks if anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink or a coffee on the way through. It will be for my honeymoon, so we're looking for things to do (which I'm sure will be plenty) and people to meet and show us around ^_^ I'm looking in your general direction, Becca.

(June 23, 2015 at 4:17 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: If you plan on driving through Colorado, you should hit Ben (SOW) up for a pint.  He's fun Smile

Fidel, Colorado is beautiful in any season. If I hear you drove cross country and didn't come by at least for a beer or two, and preferably to allow me to play tour guide, I'll just have to reclaim any and all kudos I've given you! Big Grin
Cheers GBD ^_^ as time approaches I will make more dedicated plans and be in touch. Smile would be so cool to say hi to you gaiz
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Well shit happened and my trip to Chicago was moved. I'm gonna be there 8/3 through the morning of 8/7. If anybody in the area wants to get together for beers/dinner/seeing some local sights, let me know.
(July 10, 2015 at 6:23 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:

I will be driving through for about 3 weeks if anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink or a coffee on the way through. It will be for my honeymoon, so we're looking for things to do (which I'm sure will be plenty) and people to meet and show us around ^_^ I'm looking in your general direction, Becca.

(June 23, 2015 at 4:17 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: If you plan on driving through Colorado, you should hit Ben (SOW) up for a pint.  He's fun Smile

Fidel, Colorado is beautiful in any season. If I hear you drove cross country and didn't come by at least for a beer or two, and preferably to allow me to play tour guide, I'll just have to reclaim any and all kudos I've given you! Big Grin

I'm looking to get my next dog from a rancher in Colorado.  Just waiting for the litter to come.  At first I wanted to drive out and look them over, but the way it seems to work is I'd better just pick online and hope for the best.  She seems to breed the best aussieXheeler crosses and they get snapped up fast.  All I know is I want a boy with confidence.  I'll probably pay to have the pup shipped to me when it is old enough by plane.  But a trip is not out of the question.  I'll let you know how it goes.