Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
I'm not worried about worrying about him I am worried about him Sad
I am going away for a bit, but I am keeping my browser open. I would appreciate a PM if news pops up.

Stim, I hope all is well and our worries are for nothing. Best wishes.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(June 2, 2016 at 8:59 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(June 2, 2016 at 8:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It seems amazingly civilized in comparison.

And by that I mean compared to this......

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/201602...ting-death

????????????????????

W

T

F

ETA: Why are you quoting this here now?

Let's say that I'm amazed at the difference in the approach.  That sort of thing happens constantly over here.

I'm certainly glad that when it is a friend of mine who needs help that the authorities actually provide it.
Sir,

If you're reading this, I've only one thing to say:

Please do not use a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

All things pass with time Smile
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(June 2, 2016 at 9:38 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I'm not worried about worrying about him I am worried about him Sad

Heart Thank you for calling.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Well, I'm standing in Michelle's at the moment, from where I was kicked out this afternoon. One minute I'm in my flat fast asleep on vodka, suddenly there's the crashing of my front door getting smashed in and police flashlights in my eyes. Long story short, I had a huge ass chat with the three officers attending and they were very understanding. They phoned Michelle to tell her I'm okay and find out if she could be with me or me go there. Upshot is I'm okay, as in physically. Emotionally I'm still just numb. I want to apologise to everyone for all the drama I caused and thank you all for going to so much trouble for stupid old me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 2, 2016 at 11:05 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Well, I'm standing in Michelle's at the moment, from where I was kicked out this afternoon. One minute I'm in my flat fast asleep on vodka, suddenly there's the crashing of my front door getting smashed in and police flashlights in my eyes. Long story short, I had a huge ass chat with the three officers attending and they were very understanding. They phoned Michelle to tell her I'm okay and find out if she could be with me or me go there. Upshot is I'm okay, as in physically. Emotionally I'm still just numb. I want to apologise to everyone for all the drama I caused and thank you all for going to so much trouble for stupid old me.

We love you dude
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(June 2, 2016 at 11:05 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Well, I'm standing in Michelle's at the moment, from where I was kicked out this afternoon. One minute I'm in my flat fast asleep on vodka, suddenly there's the crashing of my front door getting smashed in and police flashlights in my eyes. Long story short, I had a huge ass chat with the three officers attending and they were very understanding. They phoned Michelle to tell her I'm okay and find out if she could be with me or me go there. Upshot is I'm okay, as in physically. Emotionally I'm still just numb. I want to apologise to everyone for all the drama I caused and thank you all for going to so much trouble for stupid old me.

Get some help, Steve. You're worth it! Heart glad you're ok.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

There is no need to apologize. We are glad you're ok.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I'm so glad, St. Like Losty said, please seek out some help.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10176 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4151 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13425 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin