Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(October 27, 2016 at 6:17 am)Alex K Wrote:
(October 27, 2016 at 1:01 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Feeling like it takes a lot out of me again. A bit too much for a simple forum

A simple forum, what is that supposed to mean!

That we run a tight ship and things rarely get out of hand due to the common sense rules and common sense members...well...most of them.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 27, 2016 at 1:01 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Feeling like it takes a lot out of me again. A bit too much for a simple forum. If bored, I might join some more serious conversations every now and then, despite being either ignored or abused for the most part even in those, but I will definitely stay away from any drama. By this point it's clear something is wrong with me if I continue to post here with so much hatred directed at me. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist Big Grin, who knows...

I still like to opine, even if the day comes that no one interacts with me. That's a weird thing for me. I care about a transfer of ideas more than about risking group thought by foregoing my own principles for a bit of socializing with strangers over the internet.

Ha, you've got to love that passive-aggressive superiority.

But I'd be careful, EP. You're going to pull a muscle jerking yourself off so much.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, who knows...

Nah, I wouldn't call you a masochist.  More of a pitifully ineffective, self-important drama queen.

Bit of unsolicited advice - if you stop acting like a complete and utter shit-stain, you'll get better treatment.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 27, 2016 at 1:01 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Feeling like it takes a lot out of me again. A bit too much for a simple forum. If bored, I might join some more serious conversations every now and then, despite being either ignored or abused for the most part even in those, but I will definitely stay away from any drama. By this point it's clear something is wrong with me if I continue to post here with so much hatred directed at me. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist Big Grin, who knows...

I still like to opine, even if the day comes that no one interacts with me. That's a weird thing for me. I care about a transfer of ideas more than about risking group thought by foregoing my own principles for a bit of socializing with strangers over the internet.

[Image: 57208823.jpg]
Promises, promises...

The group told me to post "rabbit hole".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
We did.
(October 27, 2016 at 3:21 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

[Image: 57208823.jpg]

I know right?

[Image: my-scale-of-caring-david-mitrchell.gif]
I might leave the forum forever in a couple of hours or so. Today in any case.

If it happens I'll come back here and say it. Now don't try and keep me, I know you guys will despair without me, but this is not your faults Wink I still love you all very much. Tongue
Again?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10250 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4183 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10247 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13476 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin