Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(February 6, 2017 at 11:08 am)Shell B Wrote:
(February 5, 2017 at 10:25 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: This is my official goodbye.

This is no longer the forum I remember and love.

Do you mind if I ask why? Not questioning your motives, just wondering what you think is different. I too often think the forum has changed quite a lot from the days of old.

What do you think has changed shell? Just curious.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
For one thing it's all done on computers now.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I just replied back... The stamps alone cost me 4 bucks!
When you get it in 2 weeks, let me know it is was funny, will ya?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(February 7, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: For one thing it's all done on computers now.

Well for starters August 2015 when I returned to AF I had 8000 posts....

So yeah even if Min had stayed I'd have more posts than him in a year or two Tongue

So what's changed? Me returning.

I guess it's all my fault Hehe

That's right it's all about me! Me I say!

[Image: giphy.gif]
(February 7, 2017 at 5:15 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What do you think has changed shell? Just curious.

I think it's become much more meta and clique-y, though that seems to have died down since the first month I came back. It was straight ridiculous in here. There's a lot of mollycoddling too, but it's hard not to do that when you have people being very vocal about how much they want to be mollycoddled. Wink
Yeah, it's definitely changed.

Very cunty sig you have there.
(February 8, 2017 at 11:58 am)Shell B Wrote: Very cunty sig you have there.

It's a reference to guitarin'. We guitarists are inveterate modifiers of gear.

Of course, if you still don't like it, feel free to block sigs, or (probably a better solution) put me on ignore. I won't lose any sleep, kiddo.

Oh, my misunderstanding, old guy.
*AF presents, for your entertainment... "HANDBAGS AT DAWN!"*
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10171 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13414 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin