Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Hmm... wonder why he left here? Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(April 13, 2017 at 11:18 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Hmm... wonder why he left here? Sad

Maybe he didn't appreciate the poop slinging? Tongue

(Jk obviously, hope he comes back)
Hi guys. Just peeking in to say boo! It's a very sacred special bunny holiday, you know. I'm all ears!

I do think of you often. Ivy showed me my birthday wishes, thank you all so much you're very sweet! I miss you. Life is kinda skitter scatter for me right now. I am flaring through my most recent immunosuppression treatment (chemo w/out radiation) so they've doubled it. That is causing some heart complications..
Long story short, I'm having a rough go of things. But I've seen worse days. Life goes on, and luckily I do too!  
This time next year I hope to be at lower altitude, with Esquilax, and in a better position with my autoimmune diseases (yeah I hit the lotto with 3)! 

MMiss you guys, feel free to PM me if you want hooked up on facebook. I am always happy to hear from my friends here at AF! ♡ 

I'd say sTay out of trouble but it looks like the mafia has taken over the joint! :Shock

Happy Easters! 
LUCKIE
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(April 16, 2017 at 9:17 am)Luckie Wrote: Hi guys. Just peeking in to say boo! It's a very sacred special bunny holiday, you know. I'm all ears!

I do think of you often. Ivy showed me my birthday wishes, thank you all so much you're very sweet! I miss you. Life is kinda skitter scatter for me right now. I am flaring through my most recent immunosuppression treatment (chemo w/out radiation) so they've doubled it. That is causing some heart complications..
Long story short, I'm having a rough go of things. But I've seen worse days. Life goes on, and luckily I do too!  
This time next year I hope to be at lower altitude, with Esquilax, and in a better position with my autoimmune diseases (yeah I hit the lotto with 3)! 

MMiss you guys, feel free to PM me if you want hooked up on facebook. I am always happy to hear from my friends here at AF! ♡ 

I'd say sTay out of trouble but it looks like the mafia has taken over the joint! :Shock

Happy Easters! 
LUCKIE

Panic
It's always a good day in AF when Luckie stops by to say hi Smile
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Glad to see ya, Luckie. Keep on keepin' on, hon.

The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(April 2, 2017 at 11:18 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 2, 2017 at 10:42 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Anyone know why thump left?

He thought it was right?

Thump left?!?! What the hell! Why? ☹️☹️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
You ever wonder if you're a ghost sometimes, Thump?  Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(April 16, 2017 at 9:27 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 2, 2017 at 11:18 am)mh.brewer Wrote: He thought it was right?

Thump left?!?! What the hell! Why? ☹️☹️

I took some time off. I've got a lot going on irl, and had to prioritize. I've started a business doing guitar servicing, maintenance, and repairs, and it's off to a decent run so far. I'm still at my job full-time, and spending time with loved ones, too.

I'm still here stinkin' up the joint ... it's just easier to get rid of the odor now. Big Grin

RL sucks in comparison to this, though.
(April 16, 2017 at 11:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: RL sucks in comparison to this, though.

I've always been a lucky bastard. I'm much preferring RL over VL right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10171 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13416 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin