Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Yeah, Papi was supposed to have had his Parvo shots. Turns out, he either got it anyway or the breeder was a piece of shit. Glad he lived. Fantastic dog.
(March 22, 2018 at 10:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fucking breeders are going to be the death of me.

3 years ago this moron failed to get DHPP vaccines for a whole litter of puppies.  They all came down with parvo which is normally a death sentence for puppies.  For whatever reason he turned all five of them over to us and with the help of a new technique at one of our vets we saved them all.... although it did cost $20G.
The vaccine is $23 and is completely effective.  Please, if you have a dog, make sure they have had their DHPP or DAPP or DAPPL shots.  

Anyway, this afternoon he called our volunteer who handled the puppies and said he had an emergency with one of his females.  His original story was that she was bleeding from the rectum.  When our Vet Care Coordinator called the hemorrhage was down to "blood in her stool."  Not a piece of cake but not a crisis in most cases.  We arranged to meet him at the vet who saved the pups tomorrow morning, get the surrender form signed and have her evaluated.

A little while ago he called to say that his family wanted him to take the dog to a vet right away.  No indication that the bleeding was worse just that his kids were annoying him.  There was no way we could arrange an emergency room visit that quickly so, since it is still his dog until he signs the paper, we told him to do whatever he wanted and we would hold the appointment for tomorrow to see which way this thing was going to go. 

I imagine I'll get the rest of the story tomorrow.  Meanwhile, our volunteer is standing by.

Man.  I hate people.

Not all people, just the irresponsible, often stupid, breeders. 

The Amish are the worst my wife has run into (investigator for AKC at the time). 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/amish-...ppy-mills/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So the upshot is ( I told you this guy was a kook ) he did not take her to the vet last night but this morning she pooped and there was no blood to be seen.  He has therefore concluded that she is fine and is going to keep her.  I suggested to our Intake Coordinator that she keep the file open because the next time there is blood he'll be calling again.

These things rarely cure themselves.
Due to circumstances I'm sure you'll all find out about before long, I will no longer be posting here nor visiting in any capacity. I just want to say thank you to my friends before I leave.

Bye.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If you ever feel the need to talk, use the PM.
Sorry to hear that, Stimbo. You're a solid dude. It sucks to see you go.
(March 24, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Due to circumstances I'm sure you'll all find out about before long, I will no longer be posting here nor visiting in any capacity. I just want to say thank you to my friends before I leave.

Bye.

I dont like this... Can you at least let us know you're going to be Ok and that you're just choosing not to post??
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(March 24, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Due to circumstances I'm sure you'll all find out about before long, I will no longer be posting here nor visiting in any capacity. I just want to say thank you to my friends before I leave.

Bye.

I’m sorry it has to be that way. Be well and do well, Stimbo.

Bye.

What?!  No!  Why??? 🙁
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Bye.

Sorry to see you go. You've been one of the most consistently strong voices over the years (not to mention witty).

You will be missed.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10198 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4179 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10237 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13471 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin