Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Hopefully he's found a sexy nurse to fiddle with rather than his web framework developments... Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 25, 2018 at 2:24 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(March 24, 2018 at 11:55 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Due to circumstances I'm sure you'll all find out about before long, I will no longer be posting here nor visiting in any capacity. I just want to say thank you to my friends before I leave.

Bye.

What?!  No!  Why??? 🙁

I guess what really concerned me is the whole "I'm sure you'll find out soon why I'm gone..." bit. How would we find out? Just made it sound like something drastic, I dunno.

But I've been made aware that he's fine and that it doesn't mean what I thought it might.

Maybe he'll come back someday.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Just popping in to say god(less)speed, Stim.

(March 25, 2018 at 10:06 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Hopefully he's found a sexy nurse to fiddle with rather than his web framework developments... Dunno

Ha, I wish.

Back to the code mines.
(March 25, 2018 at 9:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 25, 2018 at 9:18 pm)c172 Wrote: Anarchy, now? Sad

For a while as people start getting uppity in the void left by Stim's departure.  We'll all miss the tight rein he kept on people.

But we think with a few random executions we'll soon get you all back under control.

Cool, I get to be uppity?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 26, 2018 at 11:25 pm)c172 Wrote:
(March 25, 2018 at 9:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: For a while as people start getting uppity in the void left by Stim's departure.  We'll all miss the tight rein he kept on people.

But we think with a few random executions we'll soon get you all back under control.

Cool, I get to be uppity?

Yes.

Right before I put you downity.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 26, 2018 at 10:41 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Just popping in to say god(less)speed, Stim.

(March 25, 2018 at 10:06 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Hopefully he's found a sexy nurse to fiddle with rather than his web framework developments... Dunno

Ha, I wish.

Back to the code mines.

So, no nurse to fiddle?

What about a nurse to diddle?
or maybe he just fiddles his diddle like the rest of us...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 27, 2018 at 12:16 am)ignoramus Wrote: or maybe he just fiddles his diddle like the rest of us...

What do you mean by "the rest of us" white man?
Giggity.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 27, 2018 at 12:20 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 27, 2018 at 12:16 am)ignoramus Wrote: or maybe he just fiddles his diddle like the rest of us...

What do you mean by "the rest of us" white man?

[Image: giphy.gif]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10163 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4141 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13412 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin