Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 3:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(June 3, 2018 at 1:13 am)Shell B Wrote: Or stop letting it define him.

This Hammy. Don't use as it as an excuse... 

They (secular society and it's traps) did that to me.

They told me my laziness is not laziness and could not even be called that since it's not my fault.

It was only when I began to severely bash myself for my laziness that things changed.

You are going to have be your worse critic. You are going to have be hard on yourself.

Everything they tell you in psychology, do the damn opposite.
I don't feel manipulated by him. I don't like to start drama on the forums, so I take a more gentle approach with him to avoid any unnecessary drama. If anything I feel like it's the other group that is kind of falling into his trap.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Didn’t check AF for half a day and I get in here and find all this.

Holy fuck.

Hammy... if you’re reading this, I love ya, homie, but I think you need to practice accountability. I have said it before, even when we are right about some things, it’s still good to accept that we’re wrong in others. I do believe some things are harder for you, but not impossible. Own up to your mistakes, hamz. Seriously.

This sucks. It feels sucky to walk into a room where the conversation is about a friend and it’s not looking good. I can sympathize with CL and LFC, because you kind of want to be there on a friend’s corner and give them a bit of help or something. On the other hand, he really pushed it lately. The fact that I have seen other people provoke him before and even I have been annoyed by them, does not mean his current behavior is appropriate. Quite frankly, the fact that Tibs was his friend, if I were hammy, would have been sufficient reason for me to refrain from being an asshole to his wife, out of respect and common decency. Autistic people can be decent. You just don’t disrespect a friend’s wife, man.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Responding to someone honestly isn’t causing drama. I don’t see how people responding to bad behavior with intolerance are starting drama. You can certainly choose to take a gentler approach. That’s your prerogative, but no one else has to or should take that approach. He needs to be able to handle all manner of people if he wants to nip this flying off the handle shit in the bud, which he doesn’t, so it’s just more time wasted on our part to talk about it. I’m going to bounce out of this thread for at least the night. I doubt I’ll see hide nor hair of the kid for ages, so best not to drag it out.
(June 3, 2018 at 1:34 am)J a c k Wrote: Didn’t check AF for half a day and I get in here and find all this.

Holy fuck.

Hammy... if you’re reading this, I love ya, homie, but I think you need to practice accountability. I have said it before, even when we are right about some things, it’s still good to accept that we’re wrong in others. I do believe some things are harder for you, but not impossible. Own up to your mistakes, hamz. Seriously.

This sucks. It feels sucky to walk into a room where the conversation is about a friend and it’s not looking good. I can sympathize with CL and LFC, because you kind of want to be there on a friend’s corner and give them a bit of help or something. On the other hand, he really pushed it lately. The fact that I have seen other people provoke him before and even I have been annoyed by them, does not mean his current behavior is appropriate. Quite frankly, the fact that Tibs was his friend, if I were hammy, would have been sufficient reason for me to refrain from being an asshole to his wife, out of respect and common decency. Autistic people can be decent. You just don’t disrespect a friend’s wife, man.

I agree with this, and to be clear, I never said his behavior was appropriate. I certainly called him out immediately when I saw what he had said to Shell.

(June 3, 2018 at 1:40 am)Shell B Wrote: Responding to someone honestly isn’t causing drama. I don’t see how people responding to bad behavior with intolerance are starting drama. You can certainly choose to take a gentler approach. That’s your prerogative, but no one else has to or should take that approach. He needs to be able to handle all manner of people if he wants to nip this flying off the handle shit in the bud, which he doesn’t, so it’s just more time wasted on our part to talk about it. I’m going to bounce out of this thread for at least the night. I doubt I’ll see hide nor hair of the kid for ages, so best not to drag it out.

I responded to him honestly too, just was careful in my delivery of it to avoid all the drama that comes otherwise. People can do what they want. That's just my opinion.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I'm just going to say this:

I liked the quirky, lovable Hammy who had the mayo/masturbation joke/schtick a hell of a lot better than the thin-skinned, attention whoring Hammy.
Frankly, I think a lot of people here enjoy poking at him, so that they can stand back and shake their heads in disappointment when he spirals out. What he said to ShellB was wrong and uncalled for, and I have explicitly told him so. (Crazily, he didn’t play the victim or accuse me of attacking him), but there are a lot of presumptions about his personality that I think are simply erroneous. And, as far as drama goes, comparing him to EP is definitely poking at the hive, lol. We sit here and tell him to stop going on and on about the EP thing; accuse him of not being able to let it go and move past it; “shut up about EP already, Hammy, why can’t you just stop?”, but when a disagreement or an argument is bubbling up, it’s fair to whip that out of the holster and provoke him wit it?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 2, 2018 at 11:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Kit, you keep deceiving yourself and be deceived by others.

There is only one vision that defines us, and it's God.

You need to get help with that mental illness.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 3, 2018 at 2:46 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Frankly, I think a lot of people here enjoy poking at him, so that they can stand back and shake their heads in disappointment when he spirals out. What he said to ShellB was wrong and uncalled for, and I have explicitly told him so.  (Crazily, he didn’t play the victim or accuse me of attacking him), but there are a lot of presumptions about his personality that I think are simply erroneous.  And, as far as drama goes, comparing him to EP is definitely poking at the hive, lol. We sit here and tell him to stop going on and on about the EP thing; accuse him of not being able to let it go and move past it; “shut up about EP already, Hammy, why can’t you just stop?”, but when a disagreement or an argument is bubbling up, it’s fair to whip that out of the holster and provoke him wit it?

He called Kimbyrle a cunt too on a mafia game. Kim asked him to not use that word again and he went on his 5 page tirades to excuse himself telling kim had the fault of it, instead of apologizing and moving on. When I told him he was out of line he attacked me to the point of using my quality as staff member to do it. It was not the first time either.

I only saw what he said to Shell a few minutes ago. Honestly if I saw someone calling my wife a bitch and a cunt in real life, that I deserved better, I would need to restart my anger management sessions.

Enabling him and dismissing this solves nothing.
LFC, you, like him, missed my point completely. I wasn’t comparing him to EP. I think he purposely chose that new name because he’s still obsessed with EP. Also, it’s his problem if the mere mention of EP, who he had a problem with if I recall correctly because they were both accused of stalking the same member by robvalue and that guy who plays guitar, sets him that far off his rocker. If you want to come out and blame me that he can’t handle posting here, go ahead. It says more about you than me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10528 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4223 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10581 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin