Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 2:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Quote:Kit is nasty? Damn I thought that was Min’s job

You're goddamn right!
Eh I've always found this place a little crass with how quickly people get aggressive. At first I would say something about it but then I realized if someone doesn't like it they can go and I avoid the more rude threads now. I've also found that when it comes to the same convos over and over again it's a little understandable why some people would be triggered into rudeness right off the bat. It's like the movie 50 First Dates. Sure it's the first date to the theists but it's the 50th for us and it's repetitive. Once the novelty of it wears off you stop caring, at least I did.

With that being said some certain person swore an oath to his god to never return but now is joining mafia. I mean I'm not complaining because hey the game gets to start now but that was a short lived oath.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(November 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Eh I've always found this place a little crass with how quickly people get aggressive. At first I would say something about it but then I realized if someone doesn't like it they can go and I avoid the more rude threads now. I've also found that when it comes to the same convos over and over again it's a little understandable why some people would be triggered into rudeness right off the bat. It's like the movie 50 First Dates. Sure it's the first date to the theists but it's the 50th for us and it's repetitive. Once the novelty of it wears off you stop caring, at least I did.

With that being said some certain person swore an oath to his god to never return but now is joining mafia. I mean I'm not complaining because hey the game gets to start now but that was a short lived oath.

Lol. That didn’t take long, did it?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I know, I am ashamed! Don't make me feel worse!
Can you throw rocks at yourself?
(November 8, 2018 at 1:36 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I know, I am ashamed! Don't make me feel worse!

I wasn't making you feel good or bad I was just making a statement. That is your own guilty conscience.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(November 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Eh I've always found this place a little crass with how quickly people get aggressive. At first I would say something about it but then I realized if someone doesn't like it they can go and I avoid the more rude threads now. I've also found that when it comes to the same convos over and over again it's a little understandable why some people would be triggered into rudeness right off the bat. It's like the movie 50 First Dates. Sure it's the first date to the theists but it's the 50th for us and it's repetitive. Once the novelty of it wears off you stop caring, at least I did.

Piss off. Fuckin Texans, I tell you what.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Of course we're assholes! We're atheists, aren't we?

Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 8, 2018 at 4:34 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Of course we're assholes! We're atheists, aren't we?

Big Grin

Maybe or.…?
(November 8, 2018 at 10:39 am)Shell B Wrote:
(November 8, 2018 at 2:29 am)pocaracas Wrote: Those of us who are more interested in the actual exchange of ideas and in understanding each other will, in time, find some other place... Or some niche within this one... Time will tell how things turn out.

While calling other people nasties, you say this. Guess the people who jump ship are the only ones interested in an actual exchange of ideas.

As for theists leaving, if they're going to let the vocal minority run them off, they weren't here to exchange ideas with atheists. That's almost never the case.

Exactly.  It’s not like there isn’t a ignore function here.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10540 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4223 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10592 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin