Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
What happened to being kind to others? Why is being rude considered edgy and provocative in a good way? I get it when it’s called for, but what damage does a grieving mother do to anyone by venting? I understand not liking someone based on their controversial views and hard to swallow opinions. Some of us get along and some don’t. Thing is... when someone comes here to unload their pain in a way they just can’t at home, and they are clearly hurting... there are no religious barriers, no politics, no difference of opinions that could possibly merit such lack of heart. This is when you stay quiet if you just can’t be prudent.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Wow, this thread went sideways.

I really think members need to utilize the block function more. I only use it when someone starts behaving egregiously or shitposting but it's been very necessary a few times.

There are some other members here that I liked who've left because they didn't like what was said to them. That's their prerogative. The internet is a heaving cesspool most of the time. We all bring our own problems and viewpoints to the table.

I try to stay on sites that I consider to be friendly to my own interests (this one included) as I'm sure most of you do too.

As for the present kerfuffle, I'm Switzerland and staying out of it.

-Teresa
Fine, I'm malicious, inhuman, callous and any other label you think applies. I'll take all the heat any of you want to give me.

Living in loss, remorse, regret and self pity is no way to live. It destroys the person and the people around them (if any remain). The group here seems to think that a miscarriage lies in some special category of loss that no woman can ever get over. Now, I'm not a woman so I can't speak first hand, but I have known a few that have had the experience. The ones that work their way thru the grief process recover, and don't continue to torture themselves, at least that's what I hear from them. Maybe they're lying, I can't really know for certain.  

Was I too harsh, seems that way by the reactions. Do I completely regret my actions, no. 

You might as well get it all out now.

Edit: My position has nothing to do with religion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
One thing TTA had was a specific forum where people could grieve and woe betide anyone picking on those sad tidings. I don't think that I have seen that here. Maybe I missed it? Introductions are off limits for carnage, but elsewhere?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 13, 2018 at 11:58 pm)wyzas Wrote: Fine, I'm malicious, inhuman, callous and any other label you think applies. I'll take all the heat any of you want to give me.

Living in loss, remorse, regret and self pity is no way to live. It destroys the person and the people around them (if any remain). The group here seems to think that a miscarriage lies in some special category of loss that no woman can ever get over. Now, I'm not a woman so I can't speak first hand, but I have known a few that have had the experience. The ones that work their way thru the grief process recover, and don't continue to torture themselves, at least that's what I hear from them. Maybe they're lying, I can't really know for certain.  

That’s probably the same impression she gives off to her friends. She came here to vent because out there she has to keep it together, perhaps.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(November 13, 2018 at 11:58 pm)Fireball Wrote: One thing TTA had was a specific forum where people could grieve and woe betide anyone picking on those sad tidings. I don't think that I have seen that here. Maybe I missed it? Introductions are off limits for carnage, but elsewhere?

You know, I think that's a great idea and I hope admin and staff will consider making a specific forum for this.
We all have our stories to tell and CL (or any other member) certainly doesn't have a monopoly on tragedy.
Let's have a place where we can share and vent when we need to.

-Teresa
(November 14, 2018 at 12:01 am)J a c k Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 11:58 pm)wyzas Wrote: Fine, I'm malicious, inhuman, callous and any other label you think applies. I'll take all the heat any of you want to give me.

That’s probably the same impression she gives off to her friends. She came here to vent because out there she has to keep it together, perhaps.

If true, that may be a mistake.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html

Was I too harsh, seems that way by the reactions. Do I completely regret my actions, no. 

You might as well get it all out now.

Edit: My position has nothing to do with religion.
All I’m saying is, you have no right to put limits on a person’s grief.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 13, 2018 at 11:58 pm)Fireball Wrote: One thing TTA had was a specific forum where people could grieve and woe betide anyone picking on those sad tidings. I don't think that I have seen that here. Maybe I missed it? Introductions are off limits for carnage, but elsewhere?
The CIJS thread fits the bill.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 14, 2018 at 12:22 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
The CIJS thread fits the bill.

It doesn’t though. People are free to come in and shit all over you in that thread if they want to. The one on TTA was a special area where people either have to be nice/supportive or they weren’t allowed to post there.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10560 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4235 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10617 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin