Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
(November 26, 2018 at 9:35 pm)DodosAreDead Wrote: Iggy, I have absolutely no aptitude in the medical field, absolutely none. Now if we legalized voluntary euthanasia... maybe.  Angel

Pretty sure Beccs practices involuntary euthanasia Dunno
Have you looked in her deep freezer?

Jawdrop
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I assumed the interaction was mutual and harmless, Dodo. I was just throwing out there that we will handle it if anyone does bother you. Also, One Direction? Dang. Wink
(November 26, 2018 at 9:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have socks older than you, Dodes, but you're okay in my book.
So do I. (Well, older than myself, not older than you. Then they'd be a collector's item). They used to be my mom's and they've got baby giraffes on them. I highkey love them. 
(November 26, 2018 at 9:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Have you looked in her deep freezer?
Nope, but if you suddenly stop posting, I will, don't worry. 
(November 26, 2018 at 10:09 pm)Shell B Wrote: I assumed the interaction was mutual and harmless, Dodo. I was just throwing out there that we will handle it if anyone does bother you. Also, One Direction? Dang. Wink
Thank you. 
And yeah, I dislike most of their songs but love them as people, lol. I made the most incredible friends from that account, though, so I ain't complaining.  Blush
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
(November 26, 2018 at 8:03 pm)ignoramus Wrote: LL, I've decided with 99% certainty that we're shifting to Caboolture in 12 months time.
Your thoughts? Not as hot as Mackay? And just up the road is Mooloolaba and a little further up is Maroochydore.

Those aren't real places are they? They're out of a Rudyard Kipling fantasy, I know it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Sorry for the derail...
Caboolture has a population of 136,000. House prices are not stupid because there's only so many jobs there I s'pose.
Nice hospital, lovely weather, plenty of sports clubs, etc

We'll base there renting for a couple of years until our economy collapses (which it will sadly), and then buy something nice for a good price.
Retiring with 100% certainly June 30 next year. The other business partner has been told. He's agreed to buy my 50% share of the business.

LG. Life's Good.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Caboolture's only 3 hrs from me in Toowoomba.
I also regularly visit a friend in Eagleby which is only 1 hr from Caboolture.
I will definitely visit and when the cyclones are hanging about I'll bring my surfboard. :-)

Shit! Cyclones!
Is there anywhere on the east coast from Coolangatta upwards which doesn't have any of that shit?

I'm a Melbournian. 10mm of rain is a torrential storm for us here!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Cyclones are much rarer in South East Queensland, perhaps one every few years compared to two or three per year up north, but you'll still feel it and the surf becomes much better.
You will see floods though and Brisbane has had a few small tornados in the last few years, enough to lift a few rooves and throw some trees around.
But if you're gonna be worried about anything, I'd be worried about the Eastern brown snake which is common in that area.
It's only the second deadliest snake in the world, but if you'd moved to Mackay you'd have that and the Taipans, the deadliest snake in the world.
But the browns run away and the taipans do not. :-)

I've noticed the huntsmans are four times the size too up north...
Did I mention to you I'm arachnophobic? Where the fuck am I going to live now Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 27, 2018 at 1:32 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 8:03 pm)ignoramus Wrote: LL, I've decided with 99% certainty that we're shifting to Caboolture in 12 months time.
Your thoughts? Not as hot as Mackay? And just up the road is Mooloolaba and a little further up is Maroochydore.

Those aren't real places are they?  They're out of a Rudyard Kipling fantasy, I know it.

For the ultimate in stupid place names, Wales wins hands down. Yr Wyddgrugg is my personal favourite.. The English translation is Mold.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10536 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4223 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10591 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13504 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin