Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
(November 12, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Losty Wrote: The only reason I'm awake now is because I'm waiting on the doctor. The only reason I'm waiting is because I want to talk to Vosur. The only reason I can't is because they told me not to talk. The reason for that....I don't know! I suspect it has something to do with why my throat hurts so badly.

I will rest. Promise.

Please get some rest. Hospitals suck, I know this well, but the more you cooperate the faster you'll get to go home.
Hope you get better soon, Losty.
Quote:but the more you cooperate the faster you'll get to go home.

Confused Fall

You make it sound like Guantanamo Bay, C/D.
(November 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Confused Fall

It is like Guantánamo Bay, Mini Sad
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Confused Fall

I'm not going to say there aren't similarities.
Feel betters Losty love Heart
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(November 12, 2014 at 7:14 pm)Losty Wrote: Hey guys. Here's a Losty is back(sort of) post.
Warning some of this stuff is gross

So yea. I feel funny and my throat hurts worse that when I got my tonsils removed about 4 years ago. Super sleepy, but otherwise fine. I will try to post more so you guys won't miss me too much.

1lb= about 1/2 a kilo/.453

3000 lbs = 1360 kg

Hope that helps Tongue

And I said a prayer for you.
Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

BTW, try to trust your docs & nurses. I know that they're just people who can get things wrong sometimes but as far as people go, those in the medical profession tend to be conscientious, dedicated, and hard-working. Be confident that they'll see you right.
Sum ergo sum
Holy hand grenade, it's a Ben Davis! You're like a unicorn; I rarely see you, but when I do: I feel like I should catch you and demand crumpets.

That is all, carry on.

Losty did the hospital keep you overnight?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
At least you call crumpets by their proper name Big Grin

BTW, Drich also calls biscuits 'cookies'. Do you really want him on your side? Angel
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10171 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13416 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin