Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements
Having just read the last couple of pages, I'm just going to say that I find nothing un-adult in the manner in which Jorg has presented her criticism .. aside from the possibility of interpreting "often" to mean something like "every other post" instead of like "too often" since intimidation isn't something we ever want from our mods.

Either we want to have this conversation, or we don't. But if mods are going to respond with the equivalent of "care to take this outside", then I for one don't want to have it and the message is clear that neither do the mods.

I'm fine with the level of human error in the moderation and definitely do not feel entitled to better. Like Jorg, I too have experienced more shrill mod moments of late. And she is entitled to speak where I am not since she has served as a mod herself. I see her speaking up as an expression of her caring pure and simple. If we don't like to see the way the police close ranks to protect their bad actors it would be nice to see us do better in a far less stressful albeit also far less well compensated position.
Hey, guys... want some s'mores? We can hug and shit... please? I like yallses a lot, you know

(May 18, 2015 at 3:04 pm)Alex K Wrote: I love you all.

see, like this! we love you too
You know when things are blown out of proportion when a German says he loves ya Big Grin

Other than that, i fear to say anything regarding human nature.
I'm still waiting for the '(*)except for that fuckin Bosnian' part
I'll bring the gumdrops and brownie burnt ends (whatever they are called. They come in a bag). This'll be fun! Can somebody else bring sushi? Mine got lost at the supermarket. Sad
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 18, 2015 at 3:22 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Hey, guys... want some s'mores? We can hug and shit... please?

Can I just hug?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
This is what happens when life is good and we're all bored.
We zoom the microscope to 300x and find new fresh imperfections.

This forum wins the best and fairest award in my view and I would hazard a guess and say the vast majority would agree.

Anyway, a new dangerous threat is among us.
A German wine drinking mad scientist is scheming to take over the world, how do we stop ze crazy man.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 18, 2015 at 6:15 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Anyway, a new dangerous threat is among us.
A German wine drinking mad scientist is scheming to take over the world, how do we stop ze crazy man.

it's cool cos he loves us all(*)
(May 18, 2015 at 2:46 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: If you do not care to present your case like an adult, then we're done here, yes?

I presented my case like an adult.  What are you implying?

The question was asked. "Often" is a strong word that requires some backup. I don't think that was an unreasonable or inflammatory request. I was simply saying if you don't care to discuss it further, then we're done, right?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Let us not fall out over silly, insignificant matters. This forum is a gift; an oasis of common sense in a desert of bullshit. In my (admittedly short) time here, I've met some really cool people and found an excellent, like-minded community who all needed a break from the insane world we live in, one way or another.
So hug it out, you silly wankers Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10176 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4151 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13426 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin