Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sound like an Online New Atheist
RE: How to sound like an Online New Atheist
(July 25, 2015 at 10:32 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 10:29 pm)Exian Wrote: Hahahaha You called robvalue an asshole! I've seen it all now.

I think I'll go ahead and dismiss everything you say based on how horrible you are at assessing things.

I know, right? Guy's sweeter than a kitten that shits candy floss. Tongue

You're very kind, thank you Smile What a lovely image! Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Devoid of context, I can see how some of those statements may seem harsh to the deeply religious type, like you seem to be.
Take care to pay more attention to the context next time, though. These kinds of things are never begginners of conversations, they are, more often than not, replies to bullshit.
(July 25, 2015 at 9:34 pm)robvalue Wrote: [...]I have no idea what a "new atheist" is though. Is it the hip and happenin' ones?

Here's the best definition I've ever heard:

"A New Atheist is just any old atheist that the Catholic Church can't legally set on fire anymore" - PZ Meyers
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 25, 2015 at 11:55 am)omnomnom Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 11:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You said earlier that you were a Buddhist.  Have you had a sudden conversion?

Boru
Go look up what Hindutva means.

Religion coupled with nationalism is a recipe for xenophobia and hatred.  No wonder you're such an asshole.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(July 25, 2015 at 9:09 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: POE! POE! POE!

I know I am going to sound stupid but what is a POE?

(July 25, 2015 at 9:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Maybe it's the more recent fictional atheist strawmen in his mind.

Off topic but I found your guide very useful Thanks

(July 25, 2015 at 9:45 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 9:34 pm)robvalue Wrote: I kind of have to sound like an online atheist.

I have no idea what a "new atheist" is though. Is it the hip and happenin' ones?

Me neither, there must be some new way not to believe in gods.

Found the term in several articles think it is very militant atheist. To new to post links yet sorry.
You're welcome Smile

A Poe is someone putting on an act. Poe's law says that without an obvious hint, it's really hard to tell the difference between someone pretending to hold ridiculous views and someone who actually does hold them. It's hard to "over sell" it because there will be always be people out there who are just that nuts.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The list is over long
(July 25, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Alex K Wrote: Higher vibrations eh? Higher on what scale? Big Grin

Don't get technical Alex! Please!  It's a woo thing! You just can't understand! sorry!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
We're all safe now guys! The Penguin has come to the rescue!
Please penguin man, you're pretty fluent in "cunt". Please talk to "numbnuts" in his language and translate for us in some kind of rude condescending way, will ya?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I lol'd.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I would like to see an atheist group in Utah county, Utah. jesus christ 4 1822 April 10, 2013 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Violet