Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(December 9, 2015 at 12:01 am)bennyboy Wrote: Is there any way to farm wood?

Not that I know of, but I wish there was. I haven't found enough sellers to make parleying surplus water into wood anything more than a relative trickle compared to my needs and I've looted every stick from each of my settlements.

(December 9, 2015 at 12:01 am)bennyboy Wrote: I'd hope that a mutfruit tree should grow to a second stage, and then be harvestable.  They could have done SO much more with all this stuff.

Maybe we'll get some love in DLC. I agree that they could have done more but you don't want your title to suffer from feeping creaturitis and be the next Duke Nuke'em Forever. Compared to what kind of civilization-building you can do in Fallout 3 (i.e. none, outside of scripted quests), I'm pretty happy with their first crack at open building. It's complete enough that it's keeping me busy and ignoring questing for now except that which contributes to my nation-building and it's still fun.

What I wish for is the ability to scavenge more of the Commonwealth - I see all of these resources I can't exploit! I'd raze Concord to the fucking ground if I could.
(December 9, 2015 at 1:08 am)bennyboy Wrote: Why are you carrying anything?  Supply lines solve that problem don't they?

Supply lines? (relative noob)

(December 9, 2015 at 1:08 am)bennyboy Wrote: I built a big barracks on the bottom floor of my tower, and my guys spend about 90% of their time sleeping in those beds.

My problem is that the ground I built on was sloped so I put up a wooden platform and built on that. Settlers won't climb the ladder to get up onto the platform the structure is built on. I didn't plan the entrance well. I'm seriously thinking of calling the couple of hours I spent so far a learning experience and going back to an earlier save and start over with the new knowledge.
Found this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_line

Yay! Ugh, have to raise my charisma 3 points. Dodgy
(December 9, 2015 at 1:18 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 9, 2015 at 12:01 am)bennyboy Wrote: Is there any way to farm wood?

Not that I know of, but I wish there was.  I haven't found enough sellers to make parleying surplus water into wood anything more than a relative trickle compared to my needs and I've looted every stick from each of my settlements.
I think if you install a trader shop in each settlement, take a nap and go to each and every settlement and buy it, it should be possible to get a fair amount of wood. It would still be a major endeavor, though.
Yeah I would imagine so. So far I'm just getting what I can from Diamond City and mumble mumble farm. I did go back to a previous save so I can get supply lines established and such before I retry my major construction.
(December 9, 2015 at 1:33 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Found this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_line

Yay!  Ugh, have to raise my charisma 3 points.  Dodgy

Charisma may be the single most important attribute in this game. It's used for speech checks as well as buying and selling. It's also used for perks, such as Local leader. Without that perk maxed out, you can't set up supply lines or build any advanced structures in your settlements. And both are a must, since supply lines connect your settlements resources. Advanced structures, such as water treatment, net bottled water, which can be sold at markets.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 9, 2015 at 5:03 am)abaris Wrote:
(December 9, 2015 at 1:33 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Found this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_line

Yay!  Ugh, have to raise my charisma 3 points.  Dodgy

Charisma may be the single most important attribute in this game. It's used for speech checks as well as buying and selling. It's also used for perks, such as Local leader. Without that perk maxed out, you can't set up supply lines or build any advanced structures in your settlements. And both are a must, since supply lines connect your settlements resources. Advanced structures, such as water treatment, net bottled water, which can be sold at markets.

Yeah, you at least need enough to get Local leader, or just forget about even having settlements.  There's just no point.

As for money-- I still haven't found anything that will pay as much as just doing missions and selling whatever advanced weapons, ammo and armor I can pick up.  But I'd like to be able to sleep for 24 hours, visit a few locations, and have a big stack of gold for buying wood and steel for building.
(December 9, 2015 at 6:44 am)bennyboy Wrote: As for money-- I still haven't found anything that will pay as much as just doing missions and selling whatever advanced weapons, ammo and armor I can pick up.  But I'd like to be able to sleep for 24 hours, visit a few locations, and have a big stack of gold for buying wood and steel for building.

Selling bottled water rakes in much more than selling weapon or armor. Sanctuary is an ideal place for building industrial purifiers. I have about ten of them up and running, producing a total of 416 water every couple of days. With high enough charisma that's a never ending goldmine.
Go rape spectacle island for the wood. There's a massive mirelurk convention out there, though.  Tongue
(December 9, 2015 at 7:38 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Go rape spectacle island for the wood. There's a massive mirelurk convention out there, though.  Tongue

I haven't found it yet, but the swatter guy in Diamond City sells shipments of wood. For a couple of hundred caps.