Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
RE: This is what make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
(December 9, 2015 at 10:00 am)abaris Wrote:
(December 9, 2015 at 9:57 am)bennyboy Wrote: Hmmm.  How much does the water sell for?  When I do a couple "Clearing the Commonwealth" missions, I usually rake in a couple grand by just picking up the unique items and ammo.  But I'd definitely prefer to have a permanent sustainable income source if possible.

3 to 5000, every couple of days. Which I instantly invest in shipments. I hold on to the uniques as well as the ammo to hand out to my companions.

I threw about about half a dozen industrial purifiers, and pretty quickly had about 150 pure waters, good for well over 1000 caps.  I then tried resting for 24 hours a few times, but it didnt' work.  I'm guessing it's farm-proofing so I have to go out and do a couple missions or something before I get my next water deposit?

I think I can probably squeeze the better part of 20 water purifiers in Sanctuary, and if I actually GET water out of it, it should provide me with enough for my expensive high-level ammo.
(December 10, 2015 at 12:51 am)bennyboy Wrote: I threw about about half a dozen industrial purifiers, and pretty quickly had about 150 pure waters, good for well over 1000 caps.  I then tried resting for 24 hours a few times, but it didnt' work.  I'm guessing it's farm-proofing so I have to go out and do a couple missions or something before I get my next water deposit?

You have to fast travel out someplace and spend sufficient time away. Not sure how long that is exactly.
Sleep. Find a bed and sleep for a day or two. Game time go by with the quickness.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 10, 2015 at 12:51 am)bennyboy Wrote: I think I can probably squeeze the better part of 20 water purifiers in Sanctuary, and if I actually GET water out of it, it should provide me with enough for my expensive high-level ammo.

I'd love to see how you did it if you can get that many. There's a number of spots on the river where they won't go, at least for me based on how my others are placed.

I might try to optimize how mine are placed but I might build a second water farm elsewhere.
(December 10, 2015 at 12:56 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You have to fast travel out someplace and spend sufficient time away.  Not sure how long that is exactly.

I usually inspect my outlying settlements anyway from time to time. So it's no big deal.

The bigger deal seems to be the object limit. I ran into that at the castle. Can't build anything anymore there, which is quite a problem, since I'm still not done with repairing the walls and setting up defenses. Well, there's a couple of mods on the nexus, removing that limit, but one relies on some third party program, filled with adware, as I noticed and the other one relies on console commands. The tilde key doesn't work for me for some reason and so I don't know how to call up the console.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 10, 2015 at 1:16 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Sleep. Find a bed and sleep for a day or two. Game time go by with the quickness.

As far as I can tell, your town income doesn't depend on game time passed sleeping.  It seems to me I have to go out and do stuff-- run a couple missions, fast travel here and there, and then I come back to a little present.  If I just run to bed and repeatedly sleep 24 hours, nothing happens.
(December 10, 2015 at 3:06 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(December 10, 2015 at 1:16 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Sleep. Find a bed and sleep for a day or two. Game time go by with the quickness.

As far as I can tell, your town income doesn't depend on game time passed sleeping.  It seems to me I have to go out and do stuff-- run a couple missions, fast travel here and there, and then I come back to a little present.  If I just run to bed and repeatedly sleep 24 hours, nothing happens.

I found something on Nukapedia that seemed to imply that it was necessary to fast travel somewhere else and allow sufficient game time to elapse.

Skyrim seemed to work similarly - timed events were checked on entry to a "cell", so it was necessary to leave the local area and come back later for those events to occur.
Casualties from first section of Gunner Hunting:

Gunners dead: 18
Assaultrons: 2
Sentry Bots: 1
Turrets: 4

Good guy casualties:

Preston Garvey: 2 (Keeps running in the way and got shot by me twice, dumb fuck!)
Dying to live, living to die.
So I'm confused as to how the Supply Lines feature is supposed to work.

I've got first rank of the Local Leader perk, which unlocks Supply Lines.

I've selected a settler at Sanctuary, and instructed them to form a supply line with Red Rocket (just across the river). I waited for 36 in-game hours, then went to Red Rocket's workbench to see if the workbench inventory was shared with Sanctuary. Nope.

I also sent settlers to form supply lines with several other settlements, fast traveled to them, and accessed the workbench inventory. I could not see any evidence that the feature is working, even though the supply lines can be seen on the pip boy map display.

Am I missing something?
I have active supply lines between all my communities.

For me they were pretty much active as soon as they were set up.

Might be a perk thing?

I set mine up with two levels in local leader.
Dying to live, living to die.