Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you all playing right now?
RE: What are you all playing right now?
Since I am now more acclimated to the game, I created a new character for a fresh start. Personally chose Hufflepuff since it is considered the best house story-wise.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Picked up Baldur's Gate 3 for $20. I'm looking to get Diablo IV and EA's PGA Tour, but I'll wait until I can get a good deal on them. PGA Tour was just on sale, but I decided to wait.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Restarted my character in Baldur's Gate. I actually restarted twice because I didn't like the eye color that I'd picked. I'm really enjoying this game. Really glad I bought it.

Next up is one of: Hogwart's Legacy, Elden Ring, or Diablo IV. I picked up Mass Effect Legendary Edition for $6 this morning. It's free with Game Pass, but now I'll have it forever.
(December 15, 2023 at 7:14 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Restarted my character in Baldur's Gate. I actually restarted twice because I didn't like the eye color that I'd picked. I'm really enjoying this game. Really glad I bought it.

Next up is one of: Hogwart's Legacy, Elden Ring, or Diablo IV. I picked up Mass Effect Legendary Edition for $6 this morning. It's free with Game Pass, but now I'll have it forever.

I've restarted BG3 dozens of times, because I am never satisfied with the character. Think, maybe, I am going to settle on a Tiefling Warlock. What race and class are you playing?

I have also been playing HL and enjoying it. D4 I gave up on, too much grinding.
~ Erin Hunter
(December 16, 2023 at 12:35 am)Foxaèr Wrote:
(December 15, 2023 at 7:14 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Restarted my character in Baldur's Gate.  I actually restarted twice because I didn't like the eye color that I'd picked.  I'm really enjoying this game.  Really glad I bought it.

Next up is one of: Hogwart's Legacy, Elden Ring, or Diablo IV.   I picked up Mass Effect Legendary Edition for $6 this morning.  It's free with Game Pass, but now I'll have it forever.

I've restarted BG3 dozens of times, because I am never satisfied with the character. Think, maybe, I am going to settle on a Tiefling Warlock. What race and class are you playing?

I have also been playing HL and enjoying it. D4 I gave up on, too much grinding.

Half-elf Druid, high elf type. It's a departure for me. I've never played a druid before, IRL or in videogames. I'd like to play a Drow or Githyanki, but I figured that would be more challenge than I was ready for.
(December 16, 2023 at 10:21 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(December 16, 2023 at 12:35 am)Foxaèr Wrote: I've restarted BG3 dozens of times, because I am never satisfied with the character. Think, maybe, I am going to settle on a Tiefling Warlock. What race and class are you playing?

Half-elf Druid, high elf type.  It's a departure for me.  I've never played a druid before, IRL or in videogames.  I'd like to play a Drow or Githyanki, but I figured that would be more challenge than I was ready for.

In these types of games, I do tend to go for the gorgeous elf characters. Although it does not matter terribly much anymore, I am still a stickler for following guide builds telling me which race is best to choose for each class and subclass.

Are you aware of this guide: Deltias Gaming
~ Erin Hunter
(December 16, 2023 at 12:10 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(December 16, 2023 at 10:21 am)Angrboda Wrote: Half-elf Druid, high elf type.  It's a departure for me.  I've never played a druid before, IRL or in videogames.  I'd like to play a Drow or Githyanki, but I figured that would be more challenge than I was ready for.

In these types of games, I do tend to go for the gorgeous elf characters. Although it does not matter terribly much anymore, I am still a stickler for following guide builds telling me which race is best to choose for each class and subclass.

Are you aware of this guide: Deltias Gaming

I did some reading up before I started playing, only to find that different guides said diametrically opposite things. It became clear at that point that most were just giving their opinion, pulled straight from their ass, so that they could monetize the incredible amount of interest in the new game. My impressions of Baldur's Gate, confirmed by many of these guides, is that the game is sufficiently well balanced that how you play matters more than what you pick. The main thing is to avoid duplication. Since you have five adventurers to choose from and can only play four, that concern is somewhat muted. Beyond that, the standard RPG advice applies, explore thoroughly, read everything, and save often. The only truly unusual bit is how important the third dimension is in this game. Strategic use of height and placing your characters intelligently pre-battle is important in BG3.
I think I might try the druid route in BG3.
~ Erin Hunter
I like how Hogwarts Legacy included a trans NPC.
~ Erin Hunter
Was thinking, once again, of doing a different character for BG3. An Asmodeus Tiefling, for Hellish Rebuke, as a monk, for a zen-like demeanor, with an ironic twist of being The Way of Shadow subclass.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 451 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 867 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 476 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2306 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1647 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5240 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2809 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4197 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are you playing right now? Bob Kelso 52 7521 November 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So I'm playing Dark Cloud Violet 4 4020 October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Violet