Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's clothes?
RE: Women's clothes?
(January 17, 2016 at 4:14 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:08 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: Yet still, the vast majority does not.

I agree with your post. Surely, one day, all will do what is right for the sake of prosperous existence of all, but for now most are blinded by greed.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

And yet the "vast majority" of the men commenting on this thread think this is utterly untrue.
My point exactly.

Herd mentality isn't generally the right mentality by default although some assume it is through lazy assumption.

Peace

(January 17, 2016 at 4:17 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:14 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: And yet the "vast majority" of the men commenting on this thread think this is utterly untrue.
My point exactly.

Herd mentality isn't generally the right mentality by default although some assume it is through lazy assumption.

Peace

What I meant was that most men on these threads are disagreeing with what you are saying about men in general.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 17, 2016 at 4:10 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:03 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: No not normal men's thinking at all, I have lived in south florida all my life, hot women in hardly nothing walking around everywhere and men going about their daily lives just fine.

^Yep. My experience as well.

Also, I am massively jealous of you for living in South Florida all your life. That's like, my dream location to live in. Hopefully someday...

South Florida is awesome, only draw back is it's so damn hot.
That's part of what I love about it lol.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm)bennyboy Wrote: What the heck happened to this thread while I was sleeping?

I think reality is this: on an individual level, you wouldn't really expect ANY man to lose control of himself in response to certain clothing or behaviors.  However, on a statistical level, we know for sure that certain clothing and behaviors will raise a woman's risk of being raped.

If it makes anyone feel better to blame the rapists, that's fine.  They are out of control monsters.  But we know they exist, and as sad as that is, that's a reality of the human species.  All the justified blame in the world won't serve as a very effective barrier against a drunk monster's penis.  But staying home, dressing conservatively, and meeting guys only at your local church probably will reduce risk a lot.

The parents of various sex abuse victims probably thought the same thing, too...

Dodgy
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 17, 2016 at 4:18 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:17 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: My point exactly.

Peace

What I meant was that most men on these threads are disagreeing with what you are saying about men in general.
Again what you and the majority seem to be conveniently overlooking is that I am not speaking of men in general. Third time I said that.

(January 17, 2016 at 4:12 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:04 pm)Heat Wrote: Yes, and why do you join a nudist colony? To get away from the societal norms of how you should dress, and the amount of clothing you should wear for it to be appropriate in public out of respect for the other people. Therefore someone dressing outside of the social norm. should know she will get looked at.

I've explained this many times you continue to ignore me, and say you simply "Don't understand". Sexy clothing is defined by what's ATTRACTIVE, so why are you dressing attractive while criticizing others for showing you attraction? It's silly! "Sexy clothes" are not worn in PUBLIC for solely PRIVATE gain. It defeats the whole purpose of 'public'. If you are wearing skimpy clothes, clothes that will inevitably grab men's attention, don't hypocritically say it has nothing to do with other people. IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHERS GO WEAR IT IN PRIVATE IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT GOOD.

Seriously, replace the word "sexy" with "attractive" clothing, and then tell me that you are wearing "attractive clothing" and weren't wanting other people to be attracted. This claim is beyond ridiculous and hypocritical..

Like myself and a handful of other women here have repeatedly explained to you, that is not the case. You refuse to believe us, so there's really not much else we can say.
HOW IS THAT NOT THE CASE? 
You keep reaffirming that it's not, yet never provide a valid reason.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(January 16, 2016 at 8:27 pm)MTL Wrote: Aww, that's sweet.

I'm glad you like my posts, because they're long as fuck.

Brevity is not my strong suit.
[...]

Your word-count is fine. Your paragraphing is atrocious. Tongue

Your posts often look like poems, which can be quite distracting, as - instead of focusing on the content - I find myself instinctively looking for hidden meanings and metaphors, while stroking my beard and thinking "Hmmm... This doesn't quite rhyme." Wink
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(January 17, 2016 at 4:23 pm)Heat Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:12 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Like myself and a handful of other women here have repeatedly explained to you, that is not the case. You refuse to believe us, so there's really not much else we can say.
HOW IS THAT NOT THE CASE? 
You keep reaffirming that it's not, yet never provide a valid reason.

Yes women say that it's not the case, A number of women on here have already said they wear it out for themselves because they like the way it looks it makes them feel good, what more do you want?
(January 17, 2016 at 3:49 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 3:35 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: I don't know if he was justifying rape but what he was doing is saying that men can't control themselves.
No, but it easier to control things with negation of temptation.

Not justifying tape in any way, shape, or form. Nor am I advocating for the restriction of acceptable clothing. Just stating The obvious.

A dog can be a good pet. But if you leave it alone with an unguarded steak it may eat it. If you hadn't left it with the steak then it can't eat it.

Women do not get raped because of what they wear. Most rape victims are not dressed proactively, nor are they attacked by marauding strangers with rage dicks who just happened to get a whiff of exposed skin, and many rapists do not actually remember or even notice what their victims are wearing.

High heels and a short skirt might get a lady mugged, but probably not raped. The notion that women can prevent rape by hiding their bodies is backward, ignorant, untrue, and insulting to all men.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legitimate women's rights issues Lemonvariable72 50 7656 October 30, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 41996 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh