Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(October 30, 2016 at 2:50 pm)c172 Wrote:
(October 30, 2016 at 2:09 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: CIJS -- I sure miss 'Cita.

O. M. F. G. Yas! And tsq, too, though I follow her on FB. She's getting into the Halloween costume thing, fo sho.

TSQ is active over at TTA as well.
Not sure I've ever bothered checking that out. How is TTA run? Is it a good place (not looking to leave here. I still love it here).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 30, 2016 at 2:53 pm)c172 Wrote: Not sure I've ever bothered checking that out. How is TTA run? Is it a good place (not looking to leave here. I still love it here).

Eh, it's hard to explain partially because I haven't spent a whole load of time on it as of yet, but the notification feature that AF has isn't on TTA, so it can get quite annoying having to go through threads to see if someone has quoted you or not. Personal attacks seem to be allowed, for example I saw Gilgamesh call someone a "faggot" and troll them with a boring old copypasta -- the mods didn't even bat an eye. Not saying that's a bad thing by the way.

Basically, it's different.

AF is definitely home for me too though.
Lol, Gilgamesh. That fucker used to be on here, too. He has not been missed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 30, 2016 at 3:47 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Lol, Gilgamesh.  That fucker used to be on here, too.  He has not been missed.

Haha yeah. Tongue
(October 30, 2016 at 2:53 pm)c172 Wrote: Not sure I've ever bothered checking that out. How is TTA run? Is it a good place (not looking to leave here. I still love it here).

I post there. Broader representation of the political spectrum, and some really cool people. Well-moderated in the sense that the rules are clear and enforced without drama, though shit-flinging, as with any forum online, happens there too.

I like the place.

(October 30, 2016 at 4:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I post there. Broader representation of the political spectrum, and some really cool people. Well-moderated, though shit-flinging, as with any forum online, happens there too.

I like the place.

[Emphasis mine]

That's what I like about TTA as well, and of course the really cool people too. I haven't really gotten around to interacting with many of them but Vosur, onlinebiker and jennybee seem friendly.
Well, there's the usual admixture of assholes (and I know some there slot me into that category, it's all good) as well.

TTA gets silver.
(October 30, 2016 at 4:46 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Well, there's the usual admixture of assholes (and I know some there slot me into that category, it's all good) as well.

Who gives a shit what they think?

We've had our disagreements but I think you're alright, personally.

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 935 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1218 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama