Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(November 5, 2016 at 9:42 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(November 5, 2016 at 7:42 pm)Vic Wrote: The first part, I hope not. I don't want to break more hearts. The second part, probably.

I guess I'm confused then ... I thought you wanted him to want you.

Disregard my post.

Want, yes, but not love.
Okay.

CIJS

I'm too good for my own good. Hehe
CIJS,

IMO, smart people do not confine themselves to labels: they are too busy inventing better and simpler ways of understanding the fascinating and beautiful things that exist outside of labels.  More importantly, they do not need to make a show of their intelligence; they are content with who they are and let their abilities and talents shine through their actions and contributions.

Baseless criticisms you make to someone else only reveal your own ignorance. There was a time when I was willing to help you learn ... until I learnt that that's a fruitless task, given your inability to listen.

(November 6, 2016 at 5:47 am)Vic Wrote:
(November 5, 2016 at 9:42 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I guess I'm confused then ... I thought you wanted him to want you.

Disregard my post.

Want, yes, but not love.

That requires lubricant.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well lube certainly makes it all more pleasant Big Grin
CIJS - If you're 18 years old and you're grown enough to have a jaunt back and forth across the country for a week following your favourite band on tour, you can be grown enough to find your own way home.

Mum is not coming to pick you up from Sheffield, I'm not booking you an emergency coach home because you're upset and want to be home now. You need a job to finance these excursions.

"But I have anxiety".

[Image: giphy.gif]

Kelba, Jekk jogħġbok. you do not have "anxiety" when you are riding around the Midlands alone on buses at night, you don't have it now.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

You all... stop looking at me like that. It's infuriating.

Stop thinking that you shouldn't approach me. That I'm stuck up or too much of a goody-two-shoes or not like you somehow or whatever the hell you think I am that scares you off... even when I'm just trying to be friendly. Stop fucking dodging and holding back and crossing me off your list. I'm not any of what you think of me. I'm not some alien organism. And I'm not taken. God damn it.

Why can't yall treat me like a human being? I want to be friends. Why can't you accept that without looking for some ulterior motive? Am I that shit of a person?
It's days like today that make life worth living. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 934 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1212 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama