Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 7:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS

Just deal, Ben. Just deal.

*straightens tie, radiates swag

Like a boss.
Sum ergo sum
CIJS, you're not the boss of me.  Argue
CIJS

You're breaking your mom's heart. Why can't you take responsibility for yourself?

I know your long-distance girlfriend is buying your gaslighting and turning her against your mom, but your mom isn't buying your bullshit. Maybe it's time for you to, you know, actually try to get a job? You're 26 years old for fuck's sake. Did you think you'd be able to mooch for the rest of your life?
CIJS?

-I'm losing fear, yo. Your gps tactic meant nothing. I still went. I had a blast. And you can go fuck yourself. Sure, I might have panicked towards the end, but what? Still went.

-Jon Snow likes it when I sex him up in my head. I can tell. I don't care what anybody says. Haters, all of ye!! I see how he looks at me through the screen and he says, "You want this? Yeah you do. Come get it." Jon, baby, don't test me. That thang you do gonna get you in trouble. Mama's keeping count. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

-That's not a taco. Look at me. Look at me, man. I don't know what that is, but that's no taco. Don't. Stop. You know who you're talking to? Heh heh. (Points at him and looks at everyone else) You guys hear him? Dude, my man. Do. You. Know. Who. The. Fuck. I. Am? That's no taco, fool.

- Mom? Dad? I don't like nopales. There. I said it. Whew! K bye.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
And THIS is Jack on speed.
Dying to live, living to die.
CIJS

Thank you for getting you-know-who into your therapy practice so quickly. You came highly recommended by my own therapist (who is herself excellent) and you-know-who deserves better care than you-know-who has had - which to date has been fairly shitty due to you-know-who's former employer- or state-provided shitty HMO. They'd have made you-know-who wait maybe two months to fit you-know-who in like always, and you-know-who would get whoever they assign - unless there's some secret handshake or something that you-know-who wasn't in on.

CIJAS

HMOs suck.
CIJS

No I can't. Not without coming across like a total tool.

[passiveaggressive] CIJNS is rapidly becoming what I'm best at [/passiveaggressive]

See what I mean?
Sum ergo sum
CIJS I find it really odd how much we agree on when we discuss religion together. You'd think we'd come to the same conclusion in the end, but you somehow just convince yourself of belief in a god in the end anyway. To each their own, but I just wish you'd explain that last little bit to me.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 11, 2017 at 11:56 am)Jesster Wrote: CIJS I find it really odd how much we agree on when we discuss religion together. You'd think we'd come to the same conclusion in the end, but you somehow just convince yourself of belief in a god in the end anyway. To each their own, but I just wish you'd explain that last little bit to me.

Is this one of those people who is basically an atheist but not an atheist? Like they hate religion as much as we do, strongly advocate for secularism, do not follow any rules of the religion they claim but then still claim it?

I can't get my head around that either, but then I can't get my head around how anyone older than 7 believes in God.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(July 11, 2017 at 4:41 pm)Regina Wrote:
(July 11, 2017 at 11:56 am)Jesster Wrote: CIJS I find it really odd how much we agree on when we discuss religion together. You'd think we'd come to the same conclusion in the end, but you somehow just convince yourself of belief in a god in the end anyway. To each their own, but I just wish you'd explain that last little bit to me.

Is this one of those people who is basically an atheist but not an atheist? Like they hate religion as much as we do, strongly advocate for secularism, do not follow any rules of the religion they claim but then still claim it?

I can't get my head around that either, but then I can't get my head around how anyone older than 7 believes in God.

Yes, with the exception of hating religion. He still is on board with me about calling out corrupt religious people everywhere, though. I really think this is just one of those cases of someone being religious simply because they were raised with it who just won't let it go. I'm not going to push him on it, but I will scratch my head in confusion over it.
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 943 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama