Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 6:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(September 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm)Longhorn Wrote: Hey you. Tell me what to think about you. Cause I have a feeling. A lot of different feelings, actually. And don't know what to do about you.

Just throw me on the floor and have your way with me. We'll talk after.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CIJS...

Stop it. Both of you just fucking stop it! You weren't supposed to grow up and get all independent. Gah... It was just last week I was changing your diapers... Why are you doing this to me?!? Begging

I'm so proud and yet, so broken hearted that you've outgrown your dependence on me. You're both so beautiful, so strong, so...

I love you both so much and it's killing me that you won't need me to shelter and protect you any longer.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Trust me GB, they still need you. 
And chances are, they'll be back. Dodgy
CIJS - you people who are provoking violence at what are supposed to be peaceful protests need to get intimate with a goddamn barrel cactus.
(September 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm)Longhorn Wrote: Hey you. Tell me what to think about you. Cause I have a feeling. A lot of different feelings, actually. And don't know what to do about you.

And, just like that, gone. Maybe that's a good thing though. Let's let the past stay in the past.
CIJS?

I was sitting there, because my buddy insisted that he knew what he was doing. That, plus you're pretty hot. Gotsta admit. You hand me a dos equis, and I'm like... fuck it. I won't be a snob. I'll drink it. I don't always have to drink craft. You watch me take a drink out of the bottle and your mouth starts spitting out all this anti-craft nonsense.
You: what makes a craft beer craft? Just a label.
Me: Wrong lady, dude. Change subject.
You: If I make a hotdog and add noodles to it, does that make it craft?
Me:  Doh
You: I know I just made you think.

This goes on for a while.

Then I mention my cats, because they're my children.

You: Fuck cats.
Me: Um... what?
You: If I were to visit you, you'd have to put your cats away.
Me: what?
You: In the bathroom, or something. (You laugh hard) Why don't you just get rid of them?

I look around trying to find something else to talk about, but you go back to talking about the stupidity of drinking craft beer. I'm thinking... maybe I'm just too difficult. I need to stop being such a dick. I make a joke.

Me: next thing, you'll tell me you're Republican.
You: Fuck no. Fuck politics. They're dumb.

Can I just say to my buddy who made this recommendation? The fuck were you thinking, ey? How the fuck did that cross your mind? Is this some sort of joke? Imma get you back for this.

Can I just say to the cat/craft/politics hater? Sorry, yo, but your pretty face does not make up for that failed conversation. Also, I'll never put my cats away. I'll put myself away first. Sheyet.

Also... I just met you. HELL no, you don't get to meet my kids.

THE FUCK?! Lol #fail
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
You have the best worst conversations.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CIJS,

Last night, I watched the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Judgement" (Season 2, episode 19), and IMO, an interesting dialog transpired between Captain Archer (commander of the Enterprise) and the Klingon advocate Kolos. 

Background.

Archer has been charged with conspiring against the Klingon Empire, which carries the sentence of death.  Specifically, Captain Duras testified that Archer attacked his ship and prevented him from destroying a rebel ship that posed a great threat to the Klingon Empire.  

Now, in the scene prior to the dialog between Kolos and Archer, Kolos gave an eloquent delivery in the tribunal which persuaded the Klingon judge to allow Archer to tell his side of the story (up to this point, the trial had been one-sided: the Klingon judge was unwilling to hear Archer's side).  Specifically, Archer prevented Captain Duras from destroying the crew on a helpless spaceship near Klingon territory: this ship was heavily damaged, and the crew, who saw themselves as refugees from the Klingon Empire, urgently needed medical attention. As a result of this action and other benevolent actions that Archer demonstrated toward the Klingons, Kolos finished his presentation by concluding that Archer is honorable and has performed courageous deeds that have constructively benefited the Klingon Empire.  Thus, immediately following this scene, Archer and Kolos are in Archer's cell awaiting the decision from the Klingon tribunal. 

Dialog between Archer and Kolos in Archer's cell:

Archer: How many cases have you won?

Kolos: Oh...I'm not sure.  Over 200, but that was a long time ago when the tribunal was a forum for the truth and not a tool for the warrior class.

Archer: There are other classes?

Kolos: You didn't believe all Klingons were soldiers?

Archer: I guess I did.

Kolos: Ahhh (Kolos sighs)...my father was a teacher--my mother, a biologist at the university.  They encouraged me to take up the law.  Now, all young people want to do is take up weapons as soon as they can hold them.  They're told there's honor in victory--any victory.  What honor is there in a victory over a weaker opponent?  Had Duras destroyed that ship, he would've been lauded as a hero of the empire for murdering helpless refugees.  Ahhh (Kolos sighs)...we were a great society not so long ago, when honor was earned through integrity and acts of true courage, not senseless bloodshed.

Archer: For thousands of years my people had similar problems.  We fought three world wars that almost destroyed us.  Whole generations were nearly wiped out.

Kolos: What changed?

Archer: A few courageous people began to realize they could make a difference.

(September 12, 2017 at 3:39 am)J a c k Wrote: CIJS?

I was sitting there, because my buddy insisted that he knew what he was doing. That, plus you're pretty hot. Gotsta admit. You hand me a dos equis, and I'm like... fuck it. I won't be a snob. I'll drink it. I don't always have to drink craft. You watch me take a drink out of the bottle and your mouth starts spitting out all this anti-craft nonsense.
You: what makes a craft beer craft? Just a label.
Me: Wrong lady, dude. Change subject.
You: If I make a hotdog and add noodles to it, does that make it craft?
Me:  Doh
You: I know I just made you think.

This goes on for a while.

Then I mention my cats, because they're my children.

You: Fuck cats.
Me: Um... what?
You: If I were to visit you, you'd have to put your cats away.
Me: what?
You: In the bathroom, or something. (You laugh hard) Why don't you just get rid of them?

I look around trying to find something else to talk about, but you go back to talking about the stupidity of drinking craft beer. I'm thinking... maybe I'm just too difficult. I need to stop being such a dick. I make a joke.

Me: next thing, you'll tell me you're Republican.
You: Fuck no. Fuck politics. They're dumb.

Can I just say to my buddy who made this recommendation? The fuck were you thinking, ey? How the fuck did that cross your mind? Is this some sort of joke? Imma get you back for this.

Can I just say to the cat/craft/politics hater? Sorry, yo, but your pretty face does not make up for that failed conversation. Also, I'll never put my cats away. I'll put myself away first. Sheyet.

Also... I just met you. HELL no, you don't get to meet my kids.

THE FUCK?! Lol #fail

CIJS, your friend should be rewarded for this date with a can of PBR?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 12, 2017 at 9:59 pm)Fireball Wrote: CIJS, your friend should be rewarded for this date with a can of PBR?

This. Punish him with the beer that skips a step and immediately tastes like beer vomit.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 943 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama