Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 4:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get to know your staff [UPDATED]
RE: Get to know your staff [UPDATED]
(November 13, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Losty Wrote: I just did Tibbers' interview and it was awesome Big Grin

Does it include giggly breathlessness?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 13, 2016 at 1:48 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 13, 2016 at 1:23 pm)Losty Wrote: I just did Tibbers' interview and it was awesome Big Grin

Does it include giggly breathlessness?

Well I did start to run out of breath after 2.5+ hours of talking, but Tibbers isn't much of a giggler Tongue
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: You can't be yourself and someone else at the same time. You're either one or the other.

It's not real though lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
And EP, it's only an inconceivable non-concept because you're ignoring the point of the experiment. You know what the experiment means. Yes technically it's not possible, even hypothetically to 'be someone else' but that's clearly not what the question was about. It's if Tibbers could be in the same position as someone else, not about him metaphysically being another self.
(November 13, 2016 at 1:51 pm)Losty Wrote:
(November 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: You can't be yourself and someone else at the same time. You're either one or the other.

It's not real though lol

You're not real. Now go away.
(November 13, 2016 at 1:55 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: And EP, it's only an inconceivable non-concept because you're ignoring the point of the experiment. You know what the experiment means. Yes technically it's not possible, even hypothetically to 'be someone else' but that's clearly not what the question was about. It's if Tibbers could be in the same position as someone else, not about him metaphysically being another self.

It's pointless to argue what was meant by the question. It's why I asked for clarification in the first place. I don't know why we're arguing about this.
"Disagreeing" is a better word because of its more neutral connotation. It is pointless disagreeing with you about it, but only because you don't understand the point of the question. The point of the question wasn't pointless: It was a fun question.

I'm done expressing my disagreement about it now. I'm learning to drop stuff.
(November 13, 2016 at 1:57 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: It's pointless to argue what was meant by the question. It's why I asked for clarification in the first place. I don't know why we're arguing about this.

Excited Penguin, I apologize for not directly clarifying what I had meant. After reading your reply to my post, I did edit my original post (pretty soon after you posted) and added that the leap was like Sam's leaps in Quantum Leap; thus, I was assuming that users would be familiar with the show and that this would clarify the fictional nature of my question. 

In asking my question, my intent was not to provoke thought about how this could realistically be accomplished; IMO, I was just asking a fun question that stood out from the rest.  I apologize for the confusion and lack of clarity on my part.

Personally, Kernel, I think it's an extremely awesome question and I commend your imaginativeness for asking it.

ETA: By the way I'm sorry I haven't got back to you about Chess.com yet... I'm feeling rather depressed lately and so I feel a little too emotionally exhausted right now. But as soon as I feel up to it I'm really looking forward to playing some Chess with you, Kernel.
I'd be having fun too if I could wrap my head around it. As it is though...

I never watched the show mentioned either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Staff Log - Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions Darwinian 3278 790369 May 14, 2024 at 5:31 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Staff Moderator The Valkyrie 20 1751 December 30, 2023 at 8:25 am
Last Post: no one
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6750 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The "Report" button, and how not to treat your staff. Jackalope 71 28401 February 9, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Guidelines for Staff Correspondence Shell B 3 1348 June 8, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: brewer
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 14527 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Staff Interviews - Losty (Plus our NEW YouTube channel!) Tiberius 72 16339 November 5, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Staff Interviews - Stimbo Tiberius 33 6518 October 13, 2016 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Staff Interviews - robvalue Tiberius 81 10589 October 6, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  New subforum "Questions for Staff". Jackalope 47 13222 September 16, 2016 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Cyberman