Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Wicca?
RE: What do you think of Wicca?
(June 19, 2018 at 6:46 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I suppose it;s just another fundamental difference in the cultures we were raised in, though I note again that you don;t seem particularly fearful, yourself.

You are probably right, I got to work on that more.
Practice cowering a few times daily, that oughta do the trick.  Wink

Bringing us back round to wicca. Wica goes the opposite way with reverence and divinity. Love and familiarity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 19, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Practice cowering a few times daily, that oughta do the trick.  Wink

Fear is not cowering, in fact, only with fear is courage meaningful.

(June 19, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Bringing us back round to wicca.  Wica goes the opposite way with reverence and divinity.  Love and familiarity.

True, which suits the atmosphere of calling created beings gods, and suits the atmosphere of speaking of the unseen and God what they do not know.
Extrapolating on the above in a specific case...the eponymous drawing down the moon.  A wiccan ritual that some* practice (though I hear it's becoming less common) as a form of invoking and then bringing the godhead into themselves.  Rather than a faraway impersonal force, wiccan divinity is often thought of as a friend or co-conspirator, something that could be bound or embodied or personified...that could walk alongside the faithful within the ritual circle in the body of their preistess..in human form.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Priesthood means exalted leadership, and priesthood requires proof from God or it is the corruption with people naming themselves with the name of God (Samuel) that Torah said was the cause of corruption of the generations leading to Noah, and the name of God which is a position that no one but who God chooses and sets (Seth) is the heart of the Torah and the revelations of the successors of Moses and brought to high gear in the Gospels.

The Torah and Quran are clear in this regard. Their followers however do the same mistake with that as people of other religions. Sad really. It's all due to lack of fear and preferring the Mastery of idols in human form over that of God through his chosen ones.
I doubt that any wiccan priest or priestess cares much whether you certify their status. They don;t believe in the god you believe in. They don;t worship your idols...and I doubt that any of them would want to move to shiastan when the hidden prince returns.
(June 19, 2018 at 6:58 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I doubt that any wiccan priest or priestess cares much whether you certify their status.

Leader is someone followed or someone who ought to be followed.

Like the word "god", it can be what is valued most, or what ought to be valued most. 

A true leader requires proof from God or otherwise you get to this problem:

Someone is followed that shouldn't be followed and people follow a person who has no proof they ought to be followed.
Someone claims they ought to be followed but has no proof.

And out of leaders, is people, who claim they don't wish to be blindly followed yet mix the truth with falsehood and deceive the masses, and wish to be idolized, and it's been written, whoever takes them as an authority,  the result is the burning.

The true leaders who truly Worship God and not make themselves an equal with him, are the chosen leaders, everyone else is a scam.
With fear, there can be no true love.
In general, a wiccan priest or priestess relies more on proving their fitness and usefulness to the members of the coven they serve than manufacturing some proof from a god.  The norm, though, for wicca..is the solitary practitioner. Ultimately, every wiccan is their own priest or priestess.

Another thing thats different about wicca, compared to abrahamic faiths..is that in the abrahamic idea of god mans place is one of repentant subservience, but in the general wiccan theology, it;s more an issue of informed cooperation.  Wicca affirms the power and goodness of the human creature, rather than shaming all as lowly broken worms who should kneel or be destroyed.
(June 19, 2018 at 7:05 pm)Kit Wrote: With fear, there can be no true love.

No wonder you guys are so lost, it's the exact opposite, caring and loving a person means you fear with regard to 3 things:

1. Their Wellbeing.
2. Your relationship with them in which you fear that which can harm it.
3.  You seek to protect them from even displeasure and sadness, that doesn't harm their well being, you fear from doing that which displeases them.

And with God, there is many levels of fear.

1. Fear of ingratitude of his blessings, such that we become distant from him.
2. Fear of hell such that God will no longer try to redeem us and evil is it's place and far place it is from God.
3. Fear of not reaching the highest paradise and not being among his elite servants and Worshippers and friends, and fear of missing that paradise which is the nearest of the places near him and is much higher then the other paradises, and even has no real comparison to them when it comes to the nearness to God and the sustenance of God there and his pleasure.
4. Fear for others with respect to losing God and incurring his wrath.

While 3 is noble, 1 and 2 are necessary for a human remain a human.

If we choose 3, nothing will we miss, and there is nothing to be gained in this world and no pleasure that compares with that reward.

As for 4, it's the type that Prophets have since like said to Moses "The Messengers will respect to me not fear".

They fear sure consequences if they disobeyed, but they know there is no chance of that happening, they know they will remain even if they slip, upon the straightest path and reach the highest type of paradise which the endless journey to God is best there.

They fear for their love of God's creation which is purely love for God and for the sake of the light of God they see in all things. 

They fear us destroying our treasures and seek out of compassion to help us lost souls back to the way and path of light which has proofs and insights from God.

(June 19, 2018 at 7:05 pm)Khemikal Wrote: In general, a wiccan priest or priestess relies more on proving their fitness and usefulness to the members of the coven they serve than manufacturing some proof from a god.  The norm, though, for wicca..is the solitary practitioner.  Ultimately, every wiccan is their own priest or priestess.

Another thing thats different about wicca, compared to abrahamic faiths..is that in the abrahamic idea of god mans place is one of repentant subservience, but in the general wiccan theology, it;s more an issue of informed cooperation.  Wicca affirms the power and goodness of the human creature, rather than shaming all as lowly broken worms who should kneel or be destroyed.

They have no proof that they have shown or will ever show people ought to prefer listening to them and reflecting over their words, over the holy books and the likes of Abraham and Jacob.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no Wicca Thread? TrueChristian 34 9288 April 3, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome