Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refugee thread!
RE: Refugee thread!
One a year.... and the short answer is that it is very confusing.
(September 27, 2018 at 1:41 am)Aliza Wrote: What's up with AF and the changing of user names? Is there a culture of changing usernames on a whim? This is was rarely done on TTA so I never needed to adapt to this. How do you keep track of who is who? How many changes do you get?

You can change it once a year. In my case, I left for a couple of years, and when I came back, I couldn’t log back into my old account.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Yeah, I've been here four years? and I've change my name once.
Dying to live, living to die.
I wonder if I can eventually earn an award for having had the most username changes. Do I need to change it more?
It was a feature users bugged us about for ages, so Tibs caved with the once a year caveat.
(September 27, 2018 at 1:41 am)Aliza Wrote:
(September 27, 2018 at 1:38 am)J a c k Wrote: When I saw your picture, I knew I had seen you around before. Yes! I repped you years ago when I was still under my old account Fruity. I guess you had a patent on having game or something. Lol I believe old me that you’re cool.  Heart

What's up with AF and the changing of user names? Is there a culture of changing usernames on a whim? This is was rarely done on TTA so I never needed to adapt to this. How do you keep track of who is who? How many changes do you get?

You can change your user name up to once a year (365 days), unless there are exigent circumstances. For three months following a name change, the forum displays your prior name beneath the new one in order to give people time to adjust to the new name. In addition, you can go to a user's profile and where it says "username changes," click on the number, and it will give you a list of that user's prior user names.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I am glad to see so many familiar names posting here.
Welcome to Boilermaker Country. Wink
(September 27, 2018 at 1:41 am)Aliza Wrote: What's up with AF and the changing of user names? Is there a culture of changing usernames on a whim? This is was rarely done on TTA so I never needed to adapt to this. How do you keep track of who is who? How many changes do you get?

I don't know what you're talking about.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 26, 2018 at 4:08 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Pa: *Will member Joods please stop charging a "fair premium" on giving kudos back to TTA refuges*

*Additionally new members will not touch the large hadron AF collider while it is creating dark matter.  Thank you*

What happens when I touch the large hadron collider while it's creating dark matter? Will I gain powers that let me utilize the speed force? Will it explode in a shower of dark matter and eliminate my enemies? You can't just say not to touch it, because now I am too curious what will happen when I touch the LHC...

*slowly reaches hand toward the LHC*

(Also, worth pointing out that twice while trying to type hadron, I nearly misspelled it as hardon, and my curiosity is taking me to dangerous places again... so I had to use the acronym instead)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1820 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2424 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 1899 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello...refugee Minimalist 46 13014 July 26, 2012 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RDF Refugee Chad Farris 20 3655 March 10, 2010 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious