Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dawn of civilization
RE: The dawn of civilization
(December 16, 2018 at 1:51 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 1:17 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: What is it, exactly, that you would like to talk about?  I’ve tried initiating conversation with tou twice now, and twice I was ignored.  Seems you are more interested in responding to the very same inflammatory posts that you’re currently complaining about.

I responded to you once before and you said nothing back.  Maybe you missed it.  If I missed something else, then I apologize.  I don't go out of my way to ignore people

[Image: 2p42gq.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 1:51 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: I responded to you once before and you said nothing back.  Maybe you missed it.  If I missed something else, then I apologize.  I don't go out of my way to ignore people

Not interested in inflammatory posts, but that seems like pretty much all this site is.  People trying to aggravate other people. I guess if you stick around it too much it starts to rub off on ya.

So, let’s start fresh.  What specific subjects are you interested in discussing?  Why have you joined us here?  Have you made an introduction thread by any chance?  That’s a good way to let us get to know a little more about you as a person.

Fair enough. Mostly interested in literature and the social sciences, but really just about anything.  I joined because I used to be involved in an atheist forum about 15 years ago, and even though I'm not atheist, I made some great friends and had some good conversations, even when there was disagreement.  I was hoping to find something similar.  And I did do an intro.
(December 16, 2018 at 7:24 am)Agnostico Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 6:22 am)ignoramus Wrote: Nobody feed the troll please.                                     

Don't cry
[Image: 29388-04kft_coltuch_50ct_2_w_tissues1-(1).png]

Dry you eyes
Nah that's just you projecting your own emotionalism onto us. Because your a fragile person .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Quote:I have zero sympathy for intelligent people who stand before a grandiose monument to lies, an institution that is anti-scientific, anti-rational, and ultimately anti-human, in a place where children are being actively miseducated, an edifice dedicated to an abiding intellectual evil, and choose to complain about how those ghastly atheists are ruining everything.

Those people can just fuck off.

~ P.Z. Myers
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 16, 2018 at 2:44 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: So, let’s start fresh.  What specific subjects are you interested in discussing?  Why have you joined us here?  Have you made an introduction thread by any chance?  That’s a good way to let us get to know a little more about you as a person.

Fair enough. Mostly interested in literature and the social sciences, but really just about anything.  I joined because I used to be involved in an atheist forum about 15 years ago, and even though I'm not atheist, I made some great friends and had some good conversations, even when there was disagreement.  I was hoping to find something similar.  And I did do an intro.

Serious question to theists.
Why atheist forums? What do we have that a religious forum doesn't Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:What do we have that a religious forum doesn't

Souls that need saving.  If it weren't theists, where would we get the worn out, oft-refuted arguments that will make us mend our wicked, wicked ways?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2018 at 6:39 pm)ignoramus Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 2:44 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Fair enough. Mostly interested in literature and the social sciences, but really just about anything.  I joined because I used to be involved in an atheist forum about 15 years ago, and even though I'm not atheist, I made some great friends and had some good conversations, even when there was disagreement.  I was hoping to find something similar.  And I did do an intro.

Serious question to theists.
Why atheist forums? What do we have that a religious forum doesn't Dunno

I didn't know it was "atheists only."  Maybe put something on the home page if you don't want others here. Some atheist forums/websites are friendly to outsiders.
That has nothing to do with what I asked.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 16, 2018 at 7:26 pm)ignoramus Wrote: That has nothing to do with what I asked.

I already answered your original question.  I used to belong to an atheist forum about 15 years ago, and we would discuss science.  Most people were friendly, and it was more about looking at scientific research and using that as a basis for making assertions about things or even coming up with new questions for discussion.  Why not put up a banner if you only want atheists here?  As far as I could tell, it was an open forum.  It's also good to understand that many people do see this as a religious forum, even if you don't believe you're religious.  You could go to a Christian or Muslim forum, and plenty of people there would tell you they're not religious.  Also, a lot of the subject matter is identical.  Atheists talk about religion, if not more, than theists.  It may be with a negative outlook, but regardless, it gets lumped together especially on the Internet.
(December 16, 2018 at 7:35 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(December 16, 2018 at 7:26 pm)ignoramus Wrote: That has nothing to do with what I asked.

I already answered your original question.  I used to belong to an atheist forum about 15 years ago, and we would discuss science.  Most people were friendly, and it was more about looking at scientific research and using that as a basis for making assertions about things or even coming up with new questions for discussion.  Why not put up a banner if you only want atheists here?  As far as I could tell, it was an open forum.  It's also good to understand that many people do see this as a religious forum, even if you don't believe you're religious.  You could go to a Christian or Muslim forum, and plenty of people there would tell you they're not religious.  Also, a lot of the subject matter is identical.  Atheists talk about religion, if not more, than theists.  It may be with a negative outlook, but regardless, it gets lumped together especially on the Internet.

It appears you are unhappy with your experience here.  This isn't Hotel California...you are free to leave.

The fact that the forum isn't like the other forums you mention is precisely why there are multiple forums on most topics.

Suck it up Buttercup and stop telling atheists what they think.  Talking about religion does not make one religious any more than talking about music makes one a musician.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mid-Morning Of Civilization BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1301 December 16, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: LostLocke