Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The code that is DNA
RE: The code that is DNA
Magic book doesn't really explain "imperfection" in such a way. That's just the explanation you get from the cult that you belong to, John.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(December 11, 2019 at 2:27 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Wow man, and in the old Greek mythology Pandora opened a jar containing sickness, death and many other unspecified evils which were then released into the world.

The truth is that every mythology has that kind of "explanation" and decline from Golden Age to now which is a "shit age". Like I mentioned Dogon's earlier with first human being born too early. Hinduism has Yugas (eras) and we are (surprise, surprise) living in the worst era called Kali Yuga. And all of the mythologies blame humans for all the malice in the world.

I agree there are an abundance of explanations in existence; but you specifically asked how the bible explains imperfections, which it's narrative accounts for. If you wish to argue it is wrong and similar to other mythologies by all means do so.

The Bible might have sufficient explanations to account for imperfections, but that doesn't mean it has necessary explanations.

Universe creating pixies offer sufficient explanations for imperfections. Because, that's the way I have defined them.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(December 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(December 11, 2019 at 2:27 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Wow man, and in the old Greek mythology Pandora opened a jar containing sickness, death and many other unspecified evils which were then released into the world.

The truth is that every mythology has that kind of "explanation" and decline from Golden Age to now which is a "shit age". Like I mentioned Dogon's earlier with first human being born too early. Hinduism has Yugas (eras) and we are (surprise, surprise) living in the worst era called Kali Yuga. And all of the mythologies blame humans for all the malice in the world.

I agree there are an abundance of explanations in existence; but you specifically asked how the bible explains imperfections, which it's narrative accounts for. If you wish to argue it is wrong and similar to other mythologies by all means do so.
Wrong? Absolutely. "god" intentionally inserts flaws into people, and proceeds to blame them for the flaws that he intentionally inserted into those people.

Anyone doing such a thing in any other setting would be called a cunt.

But not "god". Because "god" apparently.
“That is not an answer. By creating imperfection, a being is admitting to imperfection within themselves.“

I think John 6IX answer is sufficient.
What if God set out to purposely create an imperfection? That would be perfect.🙂

Also to ponder, would there be any reason to have nucleotides set in just the right order if there were no translation system in place? Or did they evolve together?
What people are amused by, Jack, is that you think this solves the problem of evil - or answers any "imperfections" - but it doesn't, it just asserts that one of the horns of the problem is true.

God could have created an imperfect world, or correct any imperfection - but he doesn't correct imperfections, because he doesn't want to. He wants the imperfections, and insomuch as any of those imperfections cause misery or harm, that harm is caused by that gods decision. God is capable, but unwilling.

We wouldn't let a person get away with it, hell.... even the christer god talks shit about people who won't do everything that they can. But christer gods followers give him a pass.

Anyway, glad to see we're back to genetics, at least. There is no "just the right order". There are trillions upon trillions of "just good enough" orders. There is no actual "translation system"..as it's not really a code that needs to be translated - but your question above can be accurately translated into "did dna evolve alongside the cytosol and the endoplasmic reticulum?" - and the answer is yes. It continues to do so to this very day.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 12, 2019 at 2:13 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: “That is not an answer. By creating imperfection, a being is admitting to imperfection within themselves.“

I think John 6IX answer is sufficient.
What if God set out to purposely create an imperfection? That would be perfect.🙂

Also to ponder, would there be any reason to have nucleotides set in just the right order if there were no translation system in place? Or did they evolve together?

The "order" that you see, results from bilions of beings that hadn't the right order to survive the environment, being dead.

Again I ask you to explain the DNA molecule to me, bu your own words, not a wiki link. For someone positing such a thing about it, you must have intimate knowledge of it. Explain to me like I was a 12 year old. Otherwise you are just going with your confirmation bias. I don't care about gods, I want to hear how it is impossible for that molecule to exist without manipulation from some sort of intelligence.
Shall I post about the basic odds impossibility of getting even just one workable protein?
The odds are 1 to 1, unity. It happened. Here you are. However it happened, we know it happened. You might think that it happened by magic, but that doesn't change anything. It just keeps happening again and again, too, every time cells divide.

You're describing a routine process of organic chemistry happening at every instant of every moment to an uncountable number of lifeforms as "impossible". Think about that.

If there were some "basic odds impossibility", then god couldn't have done it by magic either. Things possible by magic must still be possible......by definition. Whether a god used the force to stir the primordial soup..or it stirred because the ground shook and lightning kept striking, the actual mechanics of the process are the same.
(December 12, 2019 at 4:20 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Shall I post about the basic odds impossibility of getting even just one workable protein?

Evolution. It's not the X-men or pokemon idea you have. Go learn something instead of regurgitating what your priest/pastor/imam tells you. This is the end of this conversation. You are not interested in learning, you think we never heard such canards before. I for one, lack the interest of teaching burros.

And I apologize the animal. Burros are actually able to leart, they are stubborn, indeed but they learn.
Creationists learn too. That's why the sales pitch gets modified. I just took a drink of my beer. Another impossible thing with a probability of 1/1.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2887 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1953 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
Brick Atheist moral code Void 45 15706 March 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I Am Not A Human Being