Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The code that is DNA
RE: The code that is DNA
(December 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Creationists learn too.   That's why the sales pitch gets modified.  I just took a drink of my beer.  Another impossible thing with a probability of 1/1.

I would have one too. Populist dumbarses seem to be all the rage. I suppose I have to wait the latest patch of diablo 3 in the meantime.
You in on the season? I haven't made a character yet. I just took another drink of my beer. That;s twice in just a few minutes that a "basic odds impossibility" has happened. Of all of the things in all of the universe that could have happened..I took a drink of beer not once, but twice.

Is gods guiding hand the only explanation for this statistical oddity? Let's ask our resident nutballs!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 12, 2019 at 5:06 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: You in on the season?  I haven't made a character yet.  I just took another drink of my beer.  That;s twice in just a few minutes that a "basic odds impossibility" has happened.  Of all of the things in all of the universe that could have happened..I took a drink of beer not once, but twice.  

Is gods guiding hand the only explanation for this statistical oddity?  Let's ask our resident nutballs!

I am, casual gamer. I will stand with my party but my monk is weak on spirit so it seems. Max GR 50. and I hate upstarts that come to low torment as heroes when others can't do more than stand at the door.
(December 12, 2019 at 4:20 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Shall I post about the basic odds impossibility of getting even just one workable protein?

Sure, if you can show that a protein was necessary for the first self-replicator, what that protein was, and what the chemical conditions that it arose in were. Best of luck.

While you're doing that you might give some thought to wondering why a DNA sequence that encodes for a biological system might not be expected to follow solely chemical rules.
(December 12, 2019 at 4:20 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Shall I post about the basic odds impossibility of getting even just one workable protein?

Should I post the odds of an all powerful deity appearing out of nowhere, creating the universe from nothing, and still being, according to his own holy book, a complete and utter tosser?
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:Shall I post about the basic odds impossibility of getting even just one workable protein?
I will b based on copy and paste creationist website that will immediately fall into h fallacy of a lack of imagination  and an epic amount of Hoyles fallacy based on straw men assumptions and subjective incredulity .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

You do realize that experiments can consistently show that by recreating the conditions of early earth, amino acids form.

Let that experiment run for 1 billion years and you'll get more than you expect.

If funny that you have a hard time with what can occur over the course of billions of years, but the story of a being instantly creating life is believable for you ?

Do you have any idea the number of chemical reactions that can take place all throughout all the oceans on Earth, over the course of 24 hours ?

There are 86.4 billion micro seconds in 24 hours.
Take that times any huge number you want to describe the number of amino acids that can exist in all the oceans on Earth.

Now take that number for 24 hours and extrapolate how many chemical reactions can take place over a huge amount of time.

24 years ?
2,400 years ?
240,000 years ?
24,000,000 years ?
4,543,000,000 years ?

Is any of this getting through to you ?
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
Nah, the odds are too long, I'll never get to that third sip of beer. No..no, wait, there it was.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Time is the enemy of abiogenesis.
Listen to James Tour, tell you the impossibility of it all in such academic fashion it’ll make any evolutionist angry.

James M. Tour, a synthetic organic chemist, received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Syracuse University, his Ph.D. in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry from Purdue University, and postdoctoral training in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University.
Religitards have a solution, they find a problem to fit it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2883 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1953 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
Brick Atheist moral code Void 45 15697 March 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I Am Not A Human Being