Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The code that is DNA
RE: The code that is DNA
Quote:Time is the enemy of abiogenesis.
Listen to James Tour, tell you the impossibility of it all in such academic fashion it’ll make any evolutionist angry.

James M. Tour, a synthetic organic chemist, received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Syracuse University, his Ph.D. in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry from Purdue University, and postdoctoral training in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University.
Tour is a religious Fundy who has sold out to ID .He doesn't upset me he makes me sad that he would trade his credibility so cheap.

Yes he has credentials which means he has even less of an excuse for lying  

And there is no such thing as an evolutionist
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 12, 2019 at 9:34 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Time is the enemy of abiogenesis.
Listen to James Tour, tell you the impossibility of it all in such academic fashion it’ll make any evolutionist angry.

James M. Tour, a synthetic organic chemist, received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Syracuse University, his Ph.D. in synthetic organic and organometallic chemistry from Purdue University, and postdoctoral training in synthetic organic chemistry at the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University.

So creationists have a couple of qualified people on their side who have allowed dogma to override their scientific knowledge.

For every qualified individual they have there are a hundred or more credible scientists who disagree with them.

Google Project Steve.
Dying to live, living to die.
A ghost magically poofing life into existence is abiogenesis, Yukon.

Its the notion that life can come from non life..and unless god is a meatsack that we're all biologically related to - it qualifies as a representative of non life. Not for nothing, we can see this happening every day, today, as life converts non living material into life. A brute fact of metabolism, yet another process in the vast arsenal of organic chemistry.

I have a question, actually. Do you ever consider that you might be pissing your god off by getting the specifics of his creation so horribly wrong, or by lying about the thing he created as he must have wanted it to be? Or lying about what he does and doesn't do..did and didn't do?

Creationists often think of their fetish as a religious virtue - but what if it's a sin? What is jesus going to say when you attempt to explain this whole sad sorry mess?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've had some magnificently impressive LSD and some dynamically potent shrooms, but creationism has to be the most powerful hallucinogenic on the planet. Maybe even the entire cosmos
(December 12, 2019 at 9:34 pm)Yukon_Jack Wrote: Time is the enemy of abiogenesis.

Lol. James Tour said he does not accept Intelligent Design. He only says he finds it hard to believe that nature can produce the machinery of cells through random processes, though does not (officially) rule it out.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
At work.

Ah yes. Mr Tour.

A chemist talking about biology. (To give a quick layman's summation)

When I can I'll link to an actual biologist undergraduate who happily points out, in their spare time, the various reasons as to the why of Mr Tours being wrong, as well as the current research (As of the video being made) to which Mr Tours seems completely ignorant of in regards to the very thing he seems to want to appear knowledgeable in.

Cheers.
Peebo, I don't know who James Tour is. But an organic chemist talking about biology makes prefect sense. DNA, cell structure and composition, they're all understood at the level of chemistry. Even in my own field, chemistry is highly integrated, From the chemical cascade that occurs inside photoreceptor when struck by a photon, to the ion movement inside a neuron that cause an action potential that leads to the release of neurotransmitters. To how chemicals such as benzodiazepines bind to GABA receptors, on and on.

I personally think an organic chemist can definitely talk about many topics in biology.
Why would you tell us to listen to someone, if you don't know who that someone is?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm telling you not to dismiss someone on account of them not being a biologist; a point that apparently needs to be made often on this forum.
(December 13, 2019 at 10:24 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: I'm telling you not to dismiss someone on account of them not being a biologist; a point that apparently needs to be made often on this forum.

I'm not discounting him because he is speaking from a position 'Outside his wheel-house'.

I am discounting him because he is wrong...

W͔̖̠̺ơụ̶̞̩̼̙̲̰l̻d̰͉ ̜̫̩͖̦̣̻y̩o̭̩̲̯͡ͅu̵ ̪̝͉͜ͅli̠̘̫̹ḳ͎̭͍͢e̢͈̟̫͍̗͕̜ ̷͎̗̙̦̹̹̘ṯ͚̖͜ͅo̯̩̕ ̡k̹̫̜͓n̠̥o͏̣͚͓͙w͈̹ ҉̹̝ ͏̲̲̩̺͚ͅ ̘͚̭̫̹ͅ ̡̘̟̻̫̙̰ ̦̣͎̟ ͓͉̯̠̬m̸̖̰̮̬̝ơ̘̟̜ŗ͙̝e̱

Cheers.

Not at work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2877 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1951 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
Brick Atheist moral code Void 45 15688 March 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I Am Not A Human Being