Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That Gay Thread
RE: That Gay Thread
The stupid is strong with this one:

[Image: sub-buzz-2268-1603819087-2.jpg?downsize=...ality=auto]
I like peeking at the telly every so often while the constant stream of HGTV is airing to check out the couple looking for a new house or apartment. The number of times I have superficially judged them by appearance alone, thinking to myself He's gay and he'll leave her and the kids in his forties when he finally comes to full acceptance of his sexuality is mind staggering.

Why do there have to be so many gorgeous straight guys in this world lying to themselves about their sexuality? It's frustrating.
Are they really "straight", if they're dishonest to themselves about it?

Could it be wishful thinking on the part of the otter?
(March 23, 2021 at 10:17 pm)Eleven Wrote: I like peeking at the telly every so often while the constant stream of HGTV is airing to check out the couple looking for a new house or apartment. The number of times I have superficially judged them by appearance alone, thinking to myself He's gay and he'll leave her and the kids in his forties when he finally comes to full acceptance of his sexuality is mind staggering.

Why do there have to be so many gorgeous straight guys in this world lying to themselves about their sexuality? It's frustrating.

I'm pretty sure that being attractive to another gay guy doesn't make one gay.

Of course, sexuality is spectrum, and large minority of men are not 100% straight.  They may stay married and monogamous, or they may try out same-sex affairs.
[Image: 86716999.jpg]
Does the label straight worsen perceptions of gay people?

BigThink.com

Quote:It's no surprise that using negative language to refer to a minority group can produce negative effects among those being targeted. But what about using positive language to refer to a majority group? Could doing so suggest negative ideas about the minority group?

Noting a "surprising" lack of research on this question, a new study titled "If I Am Straight You Are Askew": Labelling Heterosexuals as Straight Worsen Gay Men's Perception" (published in The Journal of Sex Research) aimed to fill the gap by exploring whether referring to heterosexual people as "straight" produces negative perceptions of gay men.

Read further:

And now, a treat.

[Image: 13014fd5ca13e96ac08d3e5ba43926b8.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 25, 2021 at 8:04 pm)brewer Wrote: And now, a treat.

[Image: 13014fd5ca13e96ac08d3e5ba43926b8.gif]

Was the woman of the house wondering why you were looking up such tasty treats?
(March 26, 2021 at 9:14 pm)Eleven Wrote: Was the woman of the house wondering why you were looking up such tasty treats?

Nope, just wanted to change things up.

Be glad I didn't post a Vorlon treat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Why can't we accept that Da Vinci was gay?

TheGuardian.com

Quote:A new series focusing on the great artist’s relationship with muse and supposed lover Caterina da Cremona rests on virtually no historical evidence

The woman in Leonardo da Vinci’s life is finally getting her due. The new drama Leonardo, due to start on Amazon Prime on 16 April, drags Caterina da Cremona out of the shadows. Billed as his “muse” and played by Matilda de Angelis from The Undoing, this forgotten woman of the Renaissance appears in publicity images deep in intimate dialogue with Aidan Turner as Leonardo. It looks as if they’re about to go full Poldark.

You may have heard rumours the great Renaissance man was gay. That’s not the full story, says the show’s writer Steve Thompson. “Some of his relationships were with men; those were significant relationships,” he told Variety. “But perhaps the most significant relationship in his life was with a friend who was a woman, with whom he was very close, and we unpack that.” Note he’s claiming a historical basis for the show’s breathy encounters between De Angelis and Turner. Even though Leonardo is framed as a murder mystery, it claims to use this device to get at the reality of who Leonardo was.

But Caterina is a figment, a fantasy, a complete piece of tosh, invented by a 19th-century Romantic and for some reason given highly unconvincing credence by one modern biographer, Charles Nicholl.

Read more:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1295 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue