Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Countdown to the next username change
RE: Countdown to the next username change
For the first time, only second time in my career, in a few years had a resident ask me if I was a christian. I replied honestly and said no. She then said something to the effect of so you don't accept the love of Jesus? Again my response was in the negative.

She's somewhat alert, but she also won't remember our conversation. She couldn't even remember that she'd met me before.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 16, 2023 at 10:47 pm)Tomato Wrote: For the first time, only second time in my career, in a few years had a resident ask me if I was a christian. I replied honestly and said no. She then said something to the effect of so you don't accept the love of Jesus? Again my response was in the negative.

She's somewhat alert, but she also won't remember our conversation. She couldn't even remember that she'd met me before.

Some people just drift through life. I've experienced many cases where people, even some of my best friends in high school ask, "Do you remember me?" (I did), and some, when I mention a person we used to hang out with, don't remember that person. Drugs, I guess?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 16, 2023 at 11:25 pm)Fireball Wrote: Some people just drift through life. I've experienced many cases where people, even some of my best friends in high school ask, "Do you remember me?" (I did), and some, when I mention a person we used to hang out with, don't remember that person. Drugs, I guess?

I think some people just aren't perceptive in certain ways or prefer to focus only on certain things. Sometimes, I think they're just so lost in their own heads they don't focus adequately on anything outside of them.

Nurses are the worst. I'll be saying something to them, but they won't hear or register it. Then a few seconds later they'll ask me the question to which I just provided the answer.

Had a conversation with an aide, asking her about a resident. Her response, "You remember that, it was weeks ago." I told her I remember most everything, I just have one of those memories.

It's interesting how most people allow most things to slip their minds. Had an aide ask my name. I told her. I walked away and returned not five minutes later to be asked my name again by the same aide.
~ Erin Hunter
The hair from a different angle:

[Image: 20230117-032741.jpg]
~ Erin Hunter
Was thinking of giving my hair a minor cut to have it looking slightly different for a short while.
~ Erin Hunter
Before:

After:

~ Erin Hunter
Work has been more frustrating than usual. New administration wants to put all these expectations on us, but we don't even have briefs to change these residents at night. Supply shortages have been an issue for a while now.

Finished writing chapter ten of the novel. A minor character introduces the secondary main character.

Had some weird dreams while I was sleeping today. Intense content.

Beginning chapter eleven.
~ Erin Hunter
Just realized I should edit the second main character's outfit.

So much gosh darn editing in writing.

Update: editing done. That was fast.
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 20230126-064241.jpg]
~ Erin Hunter
Never knew you wore a hearing aid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.