Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
For lunch today some rather nice left over chilli con carne with fresh wholemeal bread. Dinner will be oven fried Fish and Chips. The fish is described as "wild caught 'hoki' and is second rate. Bought it because was half price. Jeez will I ever learn. Same time bought a few jars of "Chicken Tonight" because they were $1. Inedible; what was going to be chicken casserole became chilli con carne. "Chicken Tonight" is the shit people have because they can't cook. It's actually worse than the cow shit with Paul Newman's image on the jar.
(October 24, 2021 at 11:15 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(October 24, 2021 at 10:37 pm)Jackalope Wrote: Tacos dorados de pierna.

This is what USA style hard shell tacos could be if they weren't so fucking awful.

That translates into something like "golden legs" with adjectives to be determined. I studied Spanish for a few years and was pretty good with it, especially since I worked with a guy from Peru for several years. I have no real idea what you were eating.

Tacos dorados are crispy fried corn tacos, in this case filled with pierna (a style of pork from the leg). Served topped with shredded lettuce, onion and some sour cream.
I made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich...having it with some Lays potato chips. Simple and pretty tasty.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Not yet, but boss wants to meet at a coffee place in about an hour. I don't drink coffee and the menu is pretty limited for other things...not a fan of chai tea...hmmm...it's a little chilly today with a cold wind blowing...maybe some hot chocolate.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Tried baba ganoush for the first and last time. What a horrible thing to do to an innocent aubergine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2021 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Tried baba ganoush for the first and last time. What a horrible thing to do to an innocent aubergine.

Boru

Had to look that up - sounds right up there with guacamole to me. Eeeew

(October 29, 2021 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Tried baba ganoush for the first and last time. What a horrible thing to do to an innocent aubergine.

Boru

Heretic! Baba ganoush is the bomb!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2021 at 6:29 pm)Angrboda Wrote:

Boru

Heretic!  Baba ganoush is the bomb!

Then you can blow up my share. Awful stuff.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Never had baba ganoush. That has the ring of a Hindu god to it. Eggplant is great! One simply has to prepare it properly. My mom burnt a lot of stuff, but she could fry eggplant and it would taste like pancakes! I think that I will buy some to grill, tomorrow. It's great that way, too. I have some crook-neck squash to go with it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Boru

I think the Greeks have if in for eggplant. Although, having been to Greece I guess it may be due to poverty.

Ever tried moussaka? I have and don't like it much. It has the saving graces of having minced meat, red wine, tomato and  a nice bechamel on top. It can be forced down. Although I've never used potatoes I guess it wouldn't hurt. Although I have several recipes using Eggplant, can't remember the last time I made any. 

https://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/mousakas/

Trivia; There are more Greeks in Melbourne than anywhere else outside if Greece.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 533 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9569 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3169 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6422 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious