Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
One shrimp taco down, one fish taco on deck.
I've got a couple of pizzas in the freezer that I need to get rid of. Unfortunately, there's a 2' high pile of Amazon boxes on the lid.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Sous vide Porterhouse steak seared in ghee. It's got about 30 minutes left to cook.
I'm curious about how it turns out. I've threatened to build a homebrewed sous vide cooker for years.
Tried out a cod, potato and egg scramble that I had discovered at a Portuguese food store. Very tasty; definitely going to pick that up again.
(November 14, 2021 at 12:40 am)Astreja Wrote: Tried out a cod, potato and egg scramble that I had discovered at a Portuguese food store.  Very tasty; definitely going to pick that up again.

That does sound tasty. I should try that one day, but in a small portion. I like brine shrimp in scrambled eggs, but the wife isn't enthusiastic, to say the least. Maybe the spuds would help, but then again codfish is much milder a flavor than shrimp.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 13, 2021 at 11:40 pm)Jackalope Wrote: I'm curious about how it turns out.  I've threatened to build a homebrewed sous vide cooker for years.

It worked really well. And it's so easy, getting good results is as easy as falling off a log.

I can recommend my unit. It's normally $200, but Amazon had a special for $120. Set a camelcamelcamel price watch. It's an Anova AN500-US00, which is adjustable, unlike the Nano.
I was planning on doing a homebrew solution, imported appliances are very expensive here

How badly do I need a perfectly cooked steak and perfect soft boiled eggs? Hmmm.
(November 14, 2021 at 7:08 pm)Jackalope Wrote: I was planning on doing a homebrew solution, imported appliances are very expensive here  

How badly do I need a perfectly cooked steak and perfect soft boiled eggs?  Hmmm.

I would think it would be hard getting the precise temperature regulation with a homebrew unit.
Top sirloin, tenderized with a bladed tenderizer, cooked sous vide to medium-rare, then pan-seared in ghee.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 533 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9569 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3169 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6422 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious